Yatagarasu

[2018] GP IdF - Ice Dance RD & FD

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

That's the 'beauty' of ID. Their RDs are themed per season.

Oh I didn't know that (sorry I'm really ignorant when it comes to outside singles...) But I suppose "dance" always have the same theme so that judges can compare within the same dance theme. 

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

...are they all going to skate to tangos?

As @yuzupon said the RD has a theme every season. In 2018/19  it has to be  - according to the rule - 'Tango rhythm and must be in the style of the chosen rhythm, with the range of tempo: 28 measures of four beats per minute (112 beats per minute) plus or minus 2 beats per minute. The Tempo of the music throughout the Pattern Dance Elements must be constant.'

Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ

How many tangoes have we got left? 

This is quite nice. 

the twizzles were quite good 

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

As @yuzupon said the RD has a theme every season. In 2018/19  it has to be  - according to the rule - 'Tango rhythm and must be in the style of the chosen rhythm, with the range of tempo: 28 measures of four beats per minute (112 beats per minute) plus or minus 2 beats per minute. The Tempo of the music throughout the Pattern Dance Elements must be constant.'

Wow! It's really strict in terms of what's required. This is a real eye opener for me. Thanks!!

Just now, Fay said:

Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ

How many tangoes have we got left? 

This is quite nice. 

the twizzles were quite good 

We've got 6 couples left...

2 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Oh I didn't know that (sorry I'm really ignorant when it comes to outside singles...) But I suppose "dance" always have the same theme so that judges can compare within the same dance theme. 

Oh don't worry. I didn't know anything when I started watching all discipline last year either. I barely know enough to truly enjoy ID, tbh. Pair is sort of easier to follow. But I think you need to know basic dancing to understand ID.

Like @sallycinnamon's explanation on the measures, beat, tempo... they all mean nothing to me.:xD: I only know the theme is Tango.

I like this team! I think they have charisma (ok ok I have a weakness for her hairstyle ok?):tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

Oh I didn't know they were with Marie-France too :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Eta: so is this season gonna be Russian ID Vs Montreal school? :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::biggrin:

1 minute ago, LadyLou said:

Oh I didn't know they were with Marie-France too :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

EVERYONE is with Marie France, lol!! The cool kids all live in Montreal... for now :)

Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV

OK, Nikita, don't flop. Please... 

the twizzles weren't bad 

great, that was very good!

Just now, katonice said:

Trying to keep awake till the ladies...

But also curious about P/C

Same here...

I love this Viktoria and Nikita this year. I just see a difference in them and I'm impressed. I like them better than Stepanova and Bukin, for sure.