Hi Everyone.

I'm looking for ticketing information on the ISU World Team happening in Fukuoka in April 11-14 2019. My friends and I are visiting Japan around the time and would love to see the event. But there's barely any information I can find online.

I've managed to find this link: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/figure-wtt/2019/sphone/; which seems to be the ticketing site for the event. However, I'm quite new to this and  the site is in Japanese and from what I managed to figure out, using google translate, they're currently doing the lottery tickets for the Japan based people?

What I'm trying to figure out is, if there is an official site yet? Is there an site I can go to, to get tickets for foreigners? My friends and I have been looking, but are having no luck....

Any assistance of clarifications will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

CherryM

Hello 👋 

None of the ticket companies listed will let foreigners apply for tickets so you’ll need a proxy service, travel agent, or friend in Japan to apply for you if you want to enter the Japanese lotteries and you’ll need to apply for paper tickets only as e-tickets require a Japanese mobile phone to display them on.

JSF are really terrible at providing information about foreign sales but I suspect there may be one as there was for WTT2017. It will likely be by lottery through the EMTG app this time instead of the old clicky death matches. 

In the meanwhile, it would be a good idea to book some free cancellation accommodation as much of it is already booked out.

I’ll post here the moment I see anything about foreign sales. :)

23 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hello 👋 

None of the ticket companies listed will let foreigners apply for tickets so you’ll need a proxy service, travel agent, or friend in Japan to apply for you if you want to enter the Japanese lotteries and you’ll need to apply for paper tickets only as e-tickets require a Japanese mobile phone to display them on.

JSF are really terrible at providing information about foreign sales but I suspect there may be one as there was for WTT2017. It will likely be by lottery through the EMTG app this time instead of the old clicky death matches. 

In the meanwhile, it would be a good idea to book some free cancellation accommodation as much of it is already booked out.

I’ll post here the moment I see anything about foreign sales. :)

Thank you so much for the reply. We're going crazy, thinking that we may have missed something. Will just have to keep our eyes open. :) 

4 minutes ago, CherryM said:

Thank you so much for the reply. We're going crazy, thinking that we may have missed something. Will just have to keep our eyes open. :) 

I think the only thing missed is the all event tickets through the Japanese lottery but *hopefully* they will offer foreign fans the same chance (it seems to include official practices too!)

Last time there was a link for foreign ticket sales on the TV Asahi website so it will probably appear there when ready. It was a general sale last time and foreign tickets went on sale on January 29th but it might be earlier if they’re doing a lottery this time. 

Hi guys!

I saw this site: https://www.ticket.co.jp/sys/d/6097.htm?pref_id=40&st=20190412  from another thread. 

Can anyone tell me what this is? It looks like they have tickets for the Fukuoka events on sale, so I'm wondering how legit this website is....

Any also where can I find out more information about the international lottery system for this event? There is very little on this event that I can find. most information I found are for the world champs in Saitama...

Any assistance is highly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, CherryM said:

Hi guys!

I saw this site: https://www.ticket.co.jp/sys/d/6097.htm?pref_id=40&st=20190412  from another thread. 

Can anyone tell me what this is? It looks like they have tickets for the Fukuoka events on sale, so I'm wondering how legit this website is....

Any also where can I find out more information about the international lottery system for this event? There is very little on this event that I can find. most information I found are for the world champs in Saitama...

Any assistance is highly appreciated. 

It's the major ticket resale site in Japan (the other one was recently shut down) but iirc the sign-up process involves ID and SMS verification so it's not possible for foreigners to use directly. Affordable tickets sell very fast so I'm not sure even a proxy would be of any use.

There's still no word on a foreign sale, unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

There's still no word on a foreign sale, unfortunately.

:sadPooh::Poohgaveup: Thank you... I have a feeling I should just give up this year and wait for the new year.

23 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's the major ticket resale site in Japan (the other one was recently shut down) but iirc the sign-up process involves ID and SMS verification so it's not possible for foreigners to use directly. Affordable tickets sell very fast so I'm not sure even a proxy would be of any use.

Thank you. This will probably be my last resort... Need to look around for someone who knows ppl in Japan! Thanks, will keep this site saved.

31 minutes ago, holina said:

Are WTT tickets also lottery with only one round for foreigners?

I am going to Japan during that time and it would be so great if I can see some figure skating there!

There’s still no info on a foreign sale for WTT but all competitions this season have had only one lottery round for smartphone tickets for foreigners so it will probably be the same. It seems people who had the most luck in the WC lottery applied for cheaper seats so that’s something to consider, too. 

Thanks!

just to make sure I have my math right, Feb 3 at 10:00am JST time equals to Feb 2 at 8:00pm EST?

and when they say only eticket, do I need to download anything on my phone first or register for anything before trying to buy a ticket? (e.g. the Lawson thing for Worlds, does it apply to WTT as well?)

wow, just realized that the tickets are super expensive....20000 yen per day is like 250 Canadian dollars per day and so 4 days is like a thousand bucks :knc_yuzu1:

I am not sure if I can afford this, ACI is sooo cheap!  Even Worlds 2019 in Montreal might be cheaper?!

@holina I think it’s the same EMTG app so if you registered an account for Worlds already I think it should be fine?

Japanese comps and shows all seem to be around that price range. :/ I think it’s also a bit risky for that money when Yuzu might not show up. I can’t see any info about whether or not tickets will be transferable, either, so if he needs to rest after Worlds there might not bet a way to pass your tickets on.

If you’re planning on going it’d be best to book free cancellation accommodation right now. I think a lot is already sold out.

Thanks a lot, @SparkleSalad!!

I have never tried buying tickets in Japan so I haven’t downloaded the EMTG app or know anything about it :ohno:.  I happen to be going to Tokyo with my family around the time of WTT so I am thinking of swinging by for a side trip....but I am not sure if I can ditch my family for a few days or if I can drag all of them to come to Fukuoka with me....too bad it is not held in Tokyo this time!  With the expensive tickets and uncertainty of Yuzu being there, and not sure if tickets are going to be transferable, I might just wait for ACI which is so cheap and like an hour drive from where I live (if it is the same venue as this year).  Or even Worlds Montreal is so much closer to me and I won’t have to drag my family with me....decisions, decisions.....but WTT sounds like a fun and more relaxed atmosphere for the skaters  and I may be able to see Origin in it’s most polished form by then.  I feel like he may reuse Origin next season if he still doesn’t manage to perfect it this season though.

I have already booked a hotel room (for one person) in Fukuoka free cancelation just in case.