Yatagarasu

[2018] GP IdF (23-25.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

6 hours ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

What is “traditional female beauty”?  What is “the essence of ladies single skating”? Sigh:headslap:

I honestly think he means traditional ladies singles skating involving good skating skills and performance ability and connection with the audience through expression and all that jazz here. Not like how you look. Maybe something was lost in translation.

5 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Feels like jumping on the bandwagon but Kihira captured my heart with her FS in NHK. So again Mai and Rika will have another competition together and I will root for them so hard and hope judges don't rob them (especially Mai).

Also, any word on the uh...medals this year?

They have taken down some of the town's snowflake Christmas decorations and covered them with gold, silver n bronze see-through sticky-back plastic.  Winners may keep them for a year, but they would like them back for 're-use prior to next year's event! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Interesting.  Nathan's lowering his SP base value. I don't understand making the 4f his combo when it's not in the bonus - the only logical reason I can think of is that he's thinking about turning that 3lz into a 4lz.

Will be interesting to see how he handles 4 quad FS again.  I don't really get why he's doing 4s over the 4f unless he's planning on doing them both as the season progresses.  I assume he knows that his only chance of beating a clean Shoma is if he has more quads.  I'm pretty sure a clean Shoma has a 1 quad cushion over Nathan - though Shoma is the least consistent of the 3.  I don't think Nathan can beat a clean Yuzu.

Assuming everyone's going for Level 4's:

Nathan's BV: 43.29+91.11 = 134.4

Boyang: 47.6 + 92.09 = 139.69

Aliev: 42.21+76.75 = 118.96

3 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Does anybody know under what hashtag will be the competiton comments on twitter?

It look like it’s #IDF18

Nathan seems to be strategizing well. Who knows, with "only" 4 quads in the FS and just 1 in the SP maybe he'll be able to pull off the choreo too. 

I will be traveling to France tomorrow morning, I'm very excited and nervous - I think I'll spend the day obsessively checking the training updates 

why is there so little practice information available :sadPooh: the wealth of info surrounding Yuzu's practices really spoiled me. I wanna know how Boyang (did he even make today's open practice? he must have landed really recently), Zhenya, Rika, and Marin are doing!

speaking of Zhenya and Rika, I don't know who to root for T__T I want both of them to win. What does Zhenya have to do to qualify for GPF again?