Yatagarasu

[2018] GP IdF (23-25.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

Lol Brian :laughing: I know what he's talking about and I actually like ladies figure skating for the same reasons, but his wording here is... questionable.

yeah, that's a bit of an awkward way to put things, Brian :13877886:plus, how dare you imply, accidentally or not, that beauty isn't as important in men's skating when you coach Yuzuru Hanyu, the most beautiful skater of them all?!? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Feels like jumping on the bandwagon but Kihira captured my heart with her FS in NHK. So again Mai and Rika will have another competition together and I will root for them so hard and hope judges don't rob them (especially Mai).

Also, any word on the uh...medals this year?

3 hours ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

What is “traditional female beauty”?  What is “the essence of ladies single skating”? Sigh:headslap:

Considering that this has been several times translated (EN → RU → EN) I am not too surprised that the words (well, nuance, I guess) came out that way...

Also yeah, by this I mean to say, don't read too much into it, considering the translation telephone game that happened

dont read too much into things, im sure he's saying the same thing Hamada said, which is that he appreciates a complete package with good SS and interpretation above flashy technical moves. That has always been the TCC Brand

1 minute ago, salty said:

dont read too much into things, im sure he's saying the same thing Hamada said, which is that he appreciates a complete package with good SS and interpretation above flashy technical moves. That has always been the TCC Brand

Like Stephen's "4lz"?

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

Like Stephen's "4lz"?

welp . . . there are always gonna be outliers in any situation :winky:

I wouldn't read much into it. Let's face it, FS is not the most progressive sport in the world. I've heard so many... "interesting" comments from coaches and skaters at my local rink that perpetuate these stereotypes and contribute to all the mental health issues athletes face. Basically, it's crap, but Brian's far from the only one to think of women's skating in such terms. I mean, for fucks' sake, it's still called "Ladies." 

That said, it annoys me anyway... 

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Feels like jumping on the bandwagon but Kihira captured my heart with her FS in NHK. So again Mai and Rika will have another competition together and I will root for them so hard and hope judges don't rob them (especially Mai).

+1 on the Japanese ladies. 

Not sure I want to hear anything about the... "medals", though. Something tells me any news cannot be good news. *scared*

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I bet 5 Poohs that we will get the Nice 2012 podium again:10814716:

Lol. I have no issues with what Brian said, whether it be because of translation or not. Ladies' skating is what it is... and I hate the word *women.*