If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

3 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Actually this is the part that I want to share but hesitated a little bit earlier, as it is rather long sad and personal for the last 9-10 month journey to know Yuzu and myself.  But in a way I do hope he may lurk and peek thru this one day, knowing that:

If it wasnt because of Yuzu, I might not have stopped crying nights after nights, still could not sleep but should have gone consultation had I not been able to control my depression spread...

Reveal hidden contents

Time first went back to 16 Feb, 1st day of Chinese New Year as sports evening news first popped up when I turned on TV, reporting Yuzu’s lead after SP performance.  While I had absolutely no idea about FS at all, he caught my attention for a second, for his name (pretty and meaningful Chinese characters), his face (sorry for being shallow, haha) and overlord result (no 1)

On 17 Feb the next morning, by chance I read the internet news about Pooh Rains after Yuzu’s SP.  Began then to roll my eyes for minutes as I am a Pooh fans too.  In evening, again, sports news happened to pop up first the minute I turned on TV, reporting his 2nd gold medal and the Pooh rainstorm.  Then kept his name by heart

In fact I had been feeling v upset and even hided and cried those two days as it was my first CNY after my dearest mother left for heaven last year.  But I had been hiding my sadness for months and months, without telling my family as i think they have the same pain after all.  (Yes I can tell you honestly, one with depression can and will try hard covering up, when left brain knows the need to think positive and is fighting against the right brain which cant help but let depression feelings grow)

What a coincident in timing as if it was meant to really catch my attention again and again.  Thinking back, wondered if it was an angel sent by my mom in heaven or God... to then help me get through the 2 weeks after CNY holidays - when depression spread further v badly plus a bad flu kept me in bed for almost 2 wks; other than the times I slept like in a coma after taking med, i surfed internet for Yuzu’s videos randomly whenever i had few minutes or short hours awake (as other friends happened to send me his news too)

Initially it was more out of curiosity for his Poohs, wanting to know how good and hegemony/overlord he is as a champion in this sports such that he can bring his Pooh mate to the rink.  (Cant imagine a CEO to bring a Pooh box to meeting room in workplace... )

Then you probably know it cant be explained in words but got attracted by the magnet.   Two months later one day in April, I suddenly realised i had already gone thru Yuzu’s prior competitions and documentaries bit by bit every night before I sleep.  After my mom left, for months and months, I was used to sleep only after I got too tired from crying as I miss her every day.  As I watched videos about what Yuzu experienced, esp his ups and downs since 2013, I cried and smiled  along - unbelievable but it was basically almost same timing and feelings when my mom’s illness was discovered, then cycles of treatment, stabilization and deteriorations... then my own blackhole in grieve... 

Seeing Yuzu’s fall and crutches from internet last week makes all worried, and also reminded me of his dark days and mine last year, hence the depression pain coming back.  Luckily, by just watching his skates, interviews or smiles, or following his planet’s chats, it helps and is comforting.  I know my mom will want me to stop crying and be strong too.  Although i still fail to do so everyday, I am trying, and think the angel she or God sent is indeed helping and giving me strengths

Perhaps my own imagination, I do feel connected even if I never met with Yuzu (perhaps all Fanyu think in that way, lol).  Think he understands how much a child loves his mother.  Think he has his magic to reach out to and move people, through his performance, words or acts.  Can feel his wisdom, physical power, mental will and loving care towards his sports work and home town ppl.  With his magical power, perhaps that’s why he is king, angel or alien u call it, and why he is so much loved by ppl from all over the world

Apology for the long post and some random thoughts.  Hope this case is not common, as it is kind of sad to read i’m sorry. 

All, thanks for being there even though we dont know each other.

Mr Hanyu, thank you and stay healthy.

Thank you so much for sharing that. It must have been difficult to tell us about it.

Yuzuru really does lift us up with his wonderful performances. 

16 hours ago, Esopian said:

Love this thread! :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Without Yuzu, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to visit Marseille, France for the GPF in 2016 and I would've never discovered the beauty of the Phantom of the Opera musical (as famous as it is) and got the chance to watch the live musical twice. 

Spoiler

I love POTO show very much! My favorite phantom is Ramin Karimloo! Have you watched the 25th anniversary in London? Absolute delight!! ( Thanks to my daughter introducing to me <3)

3 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Actually this is the part that I want to share but hesitated a little bit earlier, as it is rather long sad and personal for the last 9-10 month journey to know Yuzu and myself.  But in a way I do hope he may lurk and peek thru this one day, knowing that:

If it wasnt because of Yuzu, I might not have stopped crying nights after nights, still could not sleep but should have gone consultation had I not been able to control my depression spread...

Hide contents

Time first went back to 16 Feb, 1st day of Chinese New Year as sports evening news first popped up when I turned on TV, reporting Yuzu’s lead after SP performance.  While I had absolutely no idea about FS at all, he caught my attention for a second, for his name (pretty and meaningful Chinese characters), his face (sorry for being shallow, haha) and overlord result (no 1)

On 17 Feb the next morning, by chance I read the internet news about Pooh Rains after Yuzu’s SP.  Began then to roll my eyes for minutes as I am a Pooh fans too.  In evening, again, sports news happened to pop up first the minute I turned on TV, reporting his 2nd gold medal and the Pooh rainstorm.  Then kept his name by heart

In fact I had been feeling v upset and even hided and cried those two days as it was my first CNY after my dearest mother left for heaven last year.  But I had been hiding my sadness for months and months, without telling my family as i think they have the same pain after all.  (Yes I can tell you honestly, one with depression can and will try hard covering up, when left brain knows the need to think positive and is fighting against the right brain which cant help but let depression feelings grow)

What a coincident in timing as if it was meant to really catch my attention again and again.  Thinking back, wondered if it was an angel sent by my mom in heaven or God... to then help me get through the 2 weeks after CNY holidays - when depression spread further v badly plus a bad flu kept me in bed for almost 2 wks; other than the times I slept like in a coma after taking med, i surfed internet for Yuzu’s videos randomly whenever i had few minutes or short hours awake (as other friends happened to send me his news too)

Initially it was more out of curiosity for his Poohs, wanting to know how good and hegemony/overlord he is as a champion in this sports such that he can bring his Pooh mate to the rink.  (Cant imagine a CEO to bring a Pooh box to meeting room in workplace... )

Then you probably know it cant be explained in words but got attracted by the magnet.   Two months later one day in April, I suddenly realised i had already gone thru Yuzu’s prior competitions and documentaries bit by bit every night before I sleep.  After my mom left, for months and months, I was used to sleep only after I got too tired from crying as I miss her every day.  As I watched videos about what Yuzu experienced, esp his ups and downs since 2013, I cried and smiled  along - unbelievable but it was basically almost same timing and feelings when my mom’s illness was discovered, then cycles of treatment, stabilization and deteriorations... then my own blackhole in grieve... 

Seeing Yuzu’s fall and crutches from internet last week makes all worried, and also reminded me of his dark days and mine last year, hence the depression pain coming back.  Luckily, by just watching his skates, interviews or smiles, or following his planet’s chats, it helps and is comforting.  I know my mom will want me to stop crying and be strong too.  Although i still fail to do so everyday, I am trying, and think the angel she or God sent is indeed helping and giving me strengths

Perhaps my own imagination, I do feel connected even if I never met with Yuzu (perhaps all Fanyu think in that way, lol).  Think he understands how much a child loves his mother.  Think he has his magic to reach out to and move people, through his performance, words or acts.  Can feel his wisdom, physical power, mental will and loving care towards his sports work and home town ppl.  With his magical power, perhaps that’s why he is king, angel or alien u call it, and why he is so much loved by ppl from all over the world

Apology for the long post and some random thoughts.  Hope this case is not common, as it is kind of sad to read i’m sorry. 

All, thanks for being there even though we dont know each other.

Mr Hanyu, thank you and stay healthy.

Spoiler

Im tearing up reading your story! Im so glad you find comfort, joy and inspiration from Yuzu! He’s one of a kind isn’t he! I hope he realizes how much positivity he empowers others! I’m so sorry for the passing of your mom since I believe mother’s love is the purest and most precious one ! Be strong and be happy just as your mom would want you to be! :10742289:

I only started skating a year ago. A few months ago, I felt like giving up. I felt as though I wasn't making enough progress fast enough. So many people at my rink who had started skating after me were doing so much better. I couldn't hold my spins. I felt like my jumps were wobbly. Then, I decided to watch a documentary following Yuzu before Pyeongchang. 

I was so inspired. He works so hard to achieve his goals, and here I was, going twice a week and thinking that I'd have such rapid improvement. I started exercising more (admittedly, I gave up on that after a while. But I'm planning on finding a time every week to go to the gym), I bumped up my rink time from 1.5 hours twice a week to 3 hours + whenever I wanted to go, which ended up being almost every day. 

I saw so much improvement. Even in just one week, I was able to get my mohawk-entry salchow down, and though the technique isn't completely right, I landed my toe loop! My one-foot spin got better, and I even talked to my coach about entering a competition in March. I started watching my diet, too, and working on more off-ice exercises.

It was all because of Yuzu. I'm so proud to be a fan of such a hard-working, amazing man. Get well soon bby! :9:

I've always liked Figure Skating and when Winter Olympics come is one of the sports that I anticipate more but thanks to Yuzu I've gotten more into the regular season and overcome my not like for for the poohness I'm more in favor of Eeyore :squishedPooh::laughing::laughing:

19 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Thank you so much for sharing that. It must have been difficult to tell us about it.

Yuzuru really does lift us up with his wonderful performances. 

18 hours ago, ruruzest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Im tearing up reading your story! Im so glad you find comfort, joy and inspiration from Yuzu! He’s one of a kind isn’t he! I hope he realizes how much positivity he empowers others! I’m so sorry for the passing of your mom since I believe mother’s love is the purest and most precious one ! Be strong and be happy just as your mom would want you to be! :10742289:

Spoiler

Yes indeed not easy to tell others as tendency is always to hide away when feeling down.  On good days, it seems just so normal that no one can tell the ups and downs.  I think to write and share, hoping in a similar way as Yuzu says his goal aloud first and will then make it happen, of course with all will and efforts 

After last few months of watching Yuzu’s videos, from 2018 to the past and from past to 2018, I realise what things to look for on different days to gain some inspirations and strengths, eg certain documentary interviews to help cry out when feeling tough wanting to cry but couldnt; galas, Wings or ice shows to smile along; Hope and Legacy works for all purposes, etc etc.   Quite a miracle.  He is indeed a v special person.  Will try my best now.  Thanks for listening.

I've always wanted to try traveling on my own to different countries but I never did UNTIL this year because I want to see him get his second OG. Went to Korea for the Olympics two days after my surgery :xD: and then went to Helsinki earlier this month as well! Very awesome adventures, and I met great people. Yuzu helped push me to live the adventures I want to have--cannot wait for more.

In light of yesterday's announcements, I have this to add: if it weren't for Yuzu, I'd never have known how much it is possible to care for the fortunes of a stranger. I've never met him, and yet my heart rises and falls on his ups and downs almost as they were my own. Being Yuzu's fan has taught me some new dimensions of my own heart, that's for sure. 

If it wasn't for Yuzu, I would never have found the beauty, drama, heartache and ecstasy existed within figure skating. When I first saw his PW@Sochi, I thought what is this guy born with wings or something? How is it possible to jump so high and far yet land on the ice so lightly and flow so smoothly. After that, it didn't happen straight away but I gradually getting deeper into the Hanyu swamp (羽生沼) then one day when I realised, my YT recommendation list was full of Yuzu videos.

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Now I'm one grateful old lady with teary eyes whenever we have glimpse of Yuzu skating...honestly happiness never leave you as long as you know it's there.

I  wouldn't  have   travelled  abroad to see a  FS event  .  I  wouldn't  have started  taking  Japanese classes.

Although  I  am an old  FS  fan,  following  it since  I  believe , year 2000,  Beteween   2008  and 2015 it  had  been on and  off for  me  until  he  really   brought me  back  to  the  beautiful  world of  FS. 

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

If it wasn't for Yuzuru, I never would have lost so much sleep from my subconscious brain waking me up at ungodly hours to grab my phone and check on events happening halfway around the world. He's worth it, though. :LOL:

This is all of us...but it's so much fun!! :dancingpooh:

If it wasn't for Yuzu, I wouldn't have the full .pdf of the 2018 ISU Special Regulations and Technical Rules downloaded to my phone right now...nor would I have just done a full-scale system restore on my laptop and replaced my burnt out digital cable box today. All in the name of being able to watch problem-

free livestreams and/or broadcasts...of a competition Yuzu isn't even in! 

:space:

On 11/25/2018 at 5:20 PM, ruruzest said:
  Hide contents

I love POTO show very much! My favorite phantom is Ramin Karimloo! Have you watched the 25th anniversary in London? Absolute delight!! ( Thanks to my daughter introducing to me <3)

Apologize for the super late reply (just checked notifications):tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

I really love the POTO 25th Anniversary London version with Ramin Karimloo, he's absolutely amazing at singing and interpreting the role of the phantom. But really, without Yuzuru skating to POTO I would've never been as invested and in love with the musical as I am now.