If It Wasn't for Yuzuru, I'd Never Have....

Also, if it wasn't for Yuzu, I wouldn't have rediscovered Brian and Tracy or had a chance to see how someone builds a great sports program from the ground up like they did at TCC... and I wouldn't have rediscovered Kurt or Elvis either, or paid any attention to Patrick, Tessa&Scott, Kevin Reynolds, Keegan, or the rest of the team. And I certainly would not have discovered the joys of Shoma quotes. 

If it wasn't for Yuzuru, I wouldn't have half the motivation to try my best and do well. Every time I want to complain about something, I think about how he never makes excuses and puts his heart and soul into everything he does. If Yuzu can win the Olympics for the second time on a busted ankle, I can definitely ace my exams!

17 hours ago, Neenah said:

Most importantly, Yuzuru helped finish my thesis and overcome a very bad period of my life by showing me it is possible to come back from any misfortune. His fight at 4CC and Worlds 17 was the inspiration and motivation I desperately needed when I was ready to give up on my studies. Back then I was depressed and stuck thinking it was over for me, that I was not good enough and that I should just quit, but he showed me how believing in yourself and fighting till the end is the way to go.

I am graduating in two weeks and I would really love to be able to send Yuzu a copy of my thesis and to tell him "Thank you"  :heart:

Heheh we have similar stories :tumblr_inline_n2pjcvLUIY1qdlkyg:

Of course Yuzu made me learn japanese and follows figure skating in general but what have been a major impact on me was during my thesis working last year..

I couldn't meet the target my professor set, rushing on the last minutes, and ended up having my scheduled thesis defense postponed on the day by the examiners last october :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg: I was really depressed (not to mention ashamed) and wanting to runaway from everything. I refuse to do the works because I am fed up with everything and thought that I will never be good enough.. then last year's NHK incident happened..

He basically went full ninja mode during the recovery period but I know he's trying his hardest even during the recovery period and it really gave me strength to try my hardest too during similar "hard" period :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg: of course he went on to win PC and it gave me the courage to face another thesis defense and I successfully finish it and graduated last April :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: if it weren't for him, I would still be locked up in my room refusing to finish my thesis (and refusing to face my professor, she's so scary! :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:  )

Yuzu really gives me the strength and motivation, and made me believe that anything is possible to overcome :20111123175648e45:

3 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

Heheh we have similar stories :tumblr_inline_n2pjcvLUIY1qdlkyg:

Of course Yuzu made me learn japanese and follows figure skating in general but what have been a major impact on me was during my thesis working last year..

I couldn't meet the target my professor set, rushing on the last minutes, and ended up having my scheduled thesis defense postponed on the day by the examiners last october :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg: I was really depressed (not to mention ashamed) and wanting to runaway from everything. I refuse to do the works because I am fed up with everything and thought that I will never be good enough.. then last year's NHK incident happened..

He basically went full ninja mode during the recovery period but I know he's trying his hardest even during the recovery period and it really gave me strength to try my hardest too during similar "hard" period :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg: of course he went on to win PC and it gave me the courage to face another thesis defense and I successfully finish it and graduated last April :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: if it weren't for him, I would still be locked up in my room refusing to finish my thesis (and refusing to face my professor, she's so scary! :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:  )

Yuzu really gives me the strength and motivation, and made me believe that anything is possible to overcome :20111123175648e45:

Congratulations of finishing your thesis and graduating.. Glad we both managed to overcome our bad times and succeed :10742289: 

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Don't be shy, share yours! (If you have one). 

Challenge accepted! lol

I will be attending my first live skating event next year! In fact, I think it might be the first time seeing a live  professionally organized sporting event EVER.

Also, I admire Mr. Hanyu's discipline...sometimes I don't want to get off the couch and I think, "If Yuzu can skate on an injured ankle, surely I can go put clothes in the washer."

Yuzu...helping to get housework done all over the world. LOL

:gla:

3 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Challenge accepted! lol

I will be attending my first live skating event next year! In fact, I think it might be the first time seeing a live  professionally organized sporting event EVER.

Also, I admire Mr. Hanyu's discipline...sometimes I don't want to get off the couch and I think, "If Yuzu can skate on an injured ankle, surely I can go put clothes in the washer."

Yuzu...helping to get housework done all over the world. LOL

:gla:

See, my story is the opposite.  If it wasn't for Yuzu, I wouldn't be spending hours scouring Youtube for any and all old performances I may have missed (meanwhile avoiding housework)...  :68468287:

:1:

Hi all,

I barely post here.. I mostly lurk :winky: but I can't resist to join this thread.

If not for Yuzuru, I would have been completely lost. I went in 2018 with no clear goals, I don't know what to do with my life. One fateful day, I decided to check our Olympics FS (just because I was bored), and boooi... did it change my life a lot! Since I learned of Yuzuru's story I looked at my life in greater scrutiny and made plans on how to achieve my goals. A lot of times i still feel lazy and complacent; but I always get reminded that Yuzu has already achieved so much in his young life that I realized that every person has an opportunity to make themselves better. One should not stay in the comfort zone.

I could probably post here every day. There are so many things... 

So, my second "If...":

If not for Yuzu, I would never have listened to Japanese songs on the loop. And what's more, at work. :mischief:

And I would probably not have the work I have now. I can't say, Yuzu was the main motivation for finding my own path, but he most certainly helped me with the process. All those fanmade videos, whole bunch of new music and very, very inspiring life! That all was something I have been looking forward to follow ever since I've found the first one. (And honestly, I can't even remember which Yuzu video I've seen first and why. That beginning is so unclear... I know, I've seen the Worlds 2017 first, as a non-fanyu. I thought: "Wow, some young guy is jumping quite well." Then, after two or three months, I must've found something on YT by accident, because suddently, I knew more about Yuzu and became curious. I wonder, what that was...)

'Without Yuzu, I'd Never Have..’.  

...done these paintings, (in March and April 2018) ~

...or found my way to this lovely gathering place....or created this 'YuzuZuzuru' playlist …

...or learned on trails of enjoyment + exploration he has catalysed for me….

or been Graced by quite so much Deeply Moving Beauty... …or enjoyed this challenging year as much ...

...or felt the Yuzu inspiration, the delicious pure bright Love ~ the deep respect, appreciaton + gratitude for this precious being, here with us all, now.

x         x        x

:devilYuzu:

:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:    :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:    :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

Well, 

how to start...

The Day Before Yuzu...

I led an ordinary life with a regular job and life punctuated by once in awhile some excitements from a good book, a fun movie,... wondering whenever a friend mentions about a sport game ( well look at these fans, what with the crying and screaming???

guess what 

I’m that fan now :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

On 11/19/2018 at 11:25 PM, raebia said:

If it wasnˋt for him, I would never have started going to figure skating competitions and I would quit earlier every time I do my weight training:grin:...I have  more willpower with this thinking of him training and not letting go...he helps me more staying motivated than the medical reasons I do it for.

Same here, working out  at the gym is a perpetual battle for me but Yuzu really helps me improve my motivation and will to go on.

I love where this thread is going. :img_21:

One more:

Without Yuzuru, I would never have realized how deep my own thirst for excellence is. There's a whole story that goes with that statement that I'm not ready to tell right now. I only want to say that I'm so happy to have found this part of my character back - it was lost for many years, buried under a whhholllllleeee lot of bad experiences and negativity. Now that I have it back, I'm going to use it well. :hachimaki:

24 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I love where this thread is going. :img_21:

One more:

Without Yuzuru, I would never have realized how deep my own thirst for excellence is. There's a whole story that goes with that statement that I'm not ready to tell right now. I only want to say that I'm so happy to have found this part of my character back - it was lost for many years, buried under a whhholllllleeee lot of bad experiences and negativity. Now that I have it back, I'm going to use it well. :hachimaki:

:yes2::dancingpooh::knc_brian1: