Yatagarasu

[2018] GP Rostelecom Cup - Men Free Skating

Videos

Hi everyone, I'm trying out a new thing where we collect videos of each event into one place, usually in the first page of an event thread. That way people can easily find videos of each skater and watch them in order if they want!

Help us compile the videos! Click here to edit this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/167YUaSM7EIlBqYWRr-sLieDs9R1lhlqoBKmYBdPkVC0/edit?usp=sharing

Anyone can edit it. You don't need a Google account.

Warning: It takes a few minutes for the spreadsheet to update in this post; click on the link to see the latest version.

On 11/17/2018 at 8:45 PM, dheu said:

That's how I interpreted it all, anyway, and that's how I'll continue to interpret it, because I'm not going to get upset at some random commentator for a silly, ignorant comment.  I'm a rabid Fanyu, but not that rabid.  I'll save my anger for the real offenders, the ones with the comments that feel actually malicious (French commentators, grrr!).

What did french commentators say? Sorry if it was already discussed elsewhere, I´m still catching up with the threads and also with this unfortunate situation as a whole.. *sigh* 
I was so mesmerized in Helsinki, so happy during the first half of RC.. this really came as such a shock to me, I totally wasn´t prepared :(

9 minutes ago, Mithrilien said:

What did french commentators say? Sorry if it was already discussed elsewhere,

It's discussed more in the short program thread, just check the last 10 pages or so.

В 18.11.2018 в 02:16, Moria Polonius сказал:

We watched the entire event and Origin was actually great, better than Helsinki when it comes to small details.

Seeing both live I agree. In Helsinki it felt like Yuzu was saving energy in the first part, especially during first stsq, plus I think fighting for the landings took a lot of energy from him and he didn't do hand movement in IB like in practice. So to me Origin here was more fierce (as much as I could grab from my worried state): definitely more energy and power in all steps and of course gorgeous IB :10742290:

So despite the circumstances I will re-watch and cherish this performance that our strong boy wanted to give :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

В 18.11.2018 в 06:11, ICeleste сказал:

i hate that Yuzuru feels that he lets his fans down when he doesn't win gold and that he feels the need to ask for our support when he's at his lowest ... Yes, I've been desperate for him to win at Pyeongchang -and at every important competition, tbh- but it's Never been about bragging rights (i mean, i didn't want him to get the 2OGM just to be able to brag about it like "my fave is an Olympic champion and yours isn't"). i'd be loving and supporting Yuzu just as loudly, proudly and strongly if he had ended up in the 20th place then. and i'm sure many fanyus agree with that. the reason why i desperately wanted him to get the OGM is because i know it'd have been devastating for him otherwise. i mean, i don't care if he pops 6 jumps in a program as long as he can take it lightly and it doesn't really  affect him emotionally. i wish he'd understand that- just being able to enjoy his magnificent skating -even his flawed performances- is good enough to us and that seeing him healthy and smiling are what we care most about...

I hope deep in heart Yuzu understands it,  maybe not right away, but after the heat of competition is over...

For me too the worst part is seeing Yuzu upset, but I came to a conclusion that he is a top athlete from head to toe, so this attitude can't be changed after so many years, we can only accept it (and cheer for him and sent supportive messages on banners/cards to give him even more power). At least he now tries to give himself some credit when it's due.

I was trying to catch up with the threads and process everything that happened since I came back to Moscow...which felt like this between Friday and Sunday:

r1iNfxt.gif

I still need to catch up with the FS thread.

But I agree with @Lunna and @MoriaPolonius that Origin seemed really great when it comes to details, I loved the performance in Moscow! The longer and deeper ina bauer was beautiful or I love the part when he leans back (after picking down the stars from the sky- at least that's how I call the little choreographic detail before he leans back:D). Amazing how he was able to fight and skated to the free skate with the injury and because of that, a completely different layout :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: He's just fantastic. 

Look at  Russian commies   watching  Yuzu's  FS at  CoR.  They are  all of us  at that arena .....