Yatagarasu

[2018] GP Rostelecom Cup - Men Free Skating

Yuzuru will have been well aware that his right ankle is vulnerable to re-injury, but has been prepared to take risks to achieve some more goals this season (he's done so much already this season hasn't he!!).  We are so sad, but I hope he is not so sad this time around - his injury does not seem as severe as last year's and there are no Olympics looming! He skated Origin in Russia and everyone loved it and him, we don't really care that it wasn't perfect do we, not Plushy, not Yagudin, not Tat, no-one.  We saw him in that costume that's the main thing!!! :)  He has WRs coming out of his ears, he showed his audience a stunning SP on Friday, and Origin had beautiful moments, the opening quads, that Ina Bauer and his gorgeous spins, we'd travel the world happily to see those moments of beauty (well I speak for myself!).  I thought he acted with such strength and maturity yesterday, and showed pleasure and happiness as well as being open about his struggles. He is a much more self-actualised human being following his Olympic title and he will know we his fans are sad but he has given us all so much over the years.  He will recover, it's exciting to think about what his next move will be - do you think he has his sights set on Gold at 4CC maybe? .....and that 4A of course, he may want to give it a try before season ends, maybe at WTT.......and he has spoken about more Continues with Wings being a plan for the future, we all have so much to look forward to still!  :img_20::67573730::67638860::67789441:

33 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

:hugs: It'll be okay. He's survived worse, he has achieved almost all his dreams, and he will achieve the ones he has left. We will support him, through all the anguish and through all the joy, because he's the most special skater boy and he deserves all the support. We wish he would take care of himself and prioritise his health some more, but he is who he is. We love him for all that he is. We'll come up with a support project, a birthday project, and we'll make him feel so cherished and loved.

And we'll be here for each other, too. 

It'll be all right. It'll all be all right, in the end. He's overcome worse. He will overcome this, too. We will cheer him on through every step.

thank you for this. I'm so glad that we have this planet where we can share not only joy but grief as well.

in the meantime, let's cherish what Yuzu has already given us.

I want to be able to smile during the medal ceremony so I can send good vibes to him from the corner of my room.

14 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Enjoy. I hope my little translation will cheer you up a little bit...

I remember him asking for his autograph and saying « what? I’m his fan! ». Well it’s very heart-warming to see that despite training one of his direct competitors, he is not afraid of openly admiring him this way. His words are my thought exactly :)

11 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Enjoy. I hope my little translation will cheer you up a little bit...

Wow that cheered me up so much it made me cry! What beautiful things to say, all true of course :67638860:

10 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

The first time I watched it, it was during the break at work, with my stomach up my throat from nerves so I couldn't exactly appreciate it. But in the evening I wanted to catch up, so I watched with my Mom, first the SP, she absolutely loved it, and then FS. We watched the entire event and Origin was actually great, better than Helsinki when it comes to small details. I warned my Mom that the there were lots of falls from all men and that Yuzu skated injured and had a fall to. She was completely in love with Origin despite the mistakes. She wanted to see the Origin from Helsinki, which I hadn't shown her before because I hoped for a cleaner one from Rostelecom, and she preferred the one from Rostelecom. She loved the opening "mindblown" pose, especially in the slo-mo replay, the spins and adored the step sequence. Her favorite part was the last spin, the way he sped it up in time with the music whizzzing up. She kept talking about how above everyone else Yuzu is.

Her enthusiasm and praise made me feel better about the program, and I think I will be able to rewatch it.

After I mentioned that Yuzu did those programs as tribute to his idols, she wanted to see the inspirations, and while she liked Plush's Nijinsky, she was way more intrigued by Johnny Weir and asked me to show her more of Johnny's programs. We ended up watching those including The Swan, then Yuzu's Swan, and then other Yuzu's exhibitions. She actually likes HnK better than Requiem!

Somehow the evening ended on the postive note, so I'll just keep my fingers crosssed for Yuzu's return to health!

Like your Mum I like Plush but Johnny Weir for me is amazing.  Just about love everything he skates to. If you haven't seen it his performance of Creep is beautiful and innovative.  So glad you were able to share your feelings about Yuzu together and am also crossing everything hoping for a happy, healthy Yuzu. X

7 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

thank you for this. I'm so glad that we have this planet where we can share not only joy but grief as well.

in the meantime, let's cherish what Yuzu has already given us.

I want to be able to smile during the medal ceremony so I can send good vibes to him from the corner of my room.

All the positivity for him. We cannot influence his decisions, we can only support them, so support them we will, with everything we've got. 

I'm so desperate to convince him that whatever he chooses to do, we will support him. That he doesn't have to do anything for his fans who love him, not anymore. He's given everything anybody could expect and so much more. Whatever he does now is for him and if he chooses to do things that drive us mad with worry, well then... We'll support him through that, too. 

Only good vibes. 

4分鐘前, raebia說:

This support and that he will see it makes me so happy. I am now sitting here crying. Oh my.

Give you a big huge :10742289:

Crying AGAIN!! Lovely that Yuzu will see that our main concern is that he is happy :67573730: He's OUR sunshine, now it's our turn to be his!

EDIT: my tears are of happiness :)

18 minutes ago, sophiang said:

Give you a big huge :10742289:

thank you :balloons-smiley:

oh my. The ceremony is coming soon..

1 minute ago, sophiang said:

Admin, will we have a ceremony thread or keep posting here?

I believe there's a gala thread, maybe there.