Hiroshima / JPN

November 16–18 2018 Rostelecom Cup

Moscow / RUS

November 23–25 2018 Internationaux de France Grenoble / FRA
December 6–9 2018–19 Grand Prix Final Vancouver / CAN

*times listed hereon are in your local time
Instructions for Streaming
  • Live QQ
    • Hosted and commentated by Hua Hua (also formerly known as pandaguy?)
    • Good quality
    • the user comments flying across the screen can be turned off with a toggle on the bottom right of the video
  • CBC
    • Great quality, free
    • Requires VPN service
  • FS Live 
    • has links in the video description
  • YLE
    • Needs a Finnish VPN
  • Other links will be added later on
  • All OPs for individual disciplines will contain links for streaming too for easy access

Time and Practice schedule

Entry lists:

Men
1 Brendan KERRY (AUS)

Keegan MESSING (CAN)

3 Morisi KVITELASHVILI (GEO)
4 Paul FENTZ (GER)
5 Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)

Kazuki TOMONO (JPN)

7 Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS)
8 Artur DMITRIEV (RUS)

Alexey EROKHOV (RUS)

10 Mikhail KOLYADA (RUS)
11 Alexander MAJOROV (SWE)
12 Alexei KRASNOZHON (USA)

Index

Judges' names are out.

My notes on the men's judges (who are all women this time :xD:):
Tomie Fukudome (JPN) -- she judged Lombardia this season. Overall, her scores were about average for her panel in that competition. Doesn't show a particular propensity to be biased towards Japanese skaters, based on her scoring there--though she overscored Mako Yamashita by 7.5 points (and she'll be scoring Mako again in ladies at this event), this is balanced out by the fact that she actually slightly underscored Shoma Uno and Kaori Sakamoto

Salome Chigogidze (GEO) -- she judged Skate America this season (she also judged Finlandia, but I don't have data on that event). Overall, her scores were lower than those of other judges at her event. She seemed pretty biased towards her home country, as she scored Morisi 7.7 points above the other judges at that event. However, that's only one data point, so I'm not willing to accuse her of being obviously biased yet.

Anja Rist (GER) -- she judged Nebelhorn this season, but I don't have data on that event (it's next on the list once I'm done with Lombardia). No opinion

Katarina Henriksson (SWE) -- she hasn't judged anything this season yet. She did judge an event last season that I happen to have data on, however, namely the men's FS at GP China last season. Overall, she was a pretty harsh judge there, and she underscored the one skater from her home country fairly severely (though not atypically compared to how she scored the other skaters).

Tatiana Sharkina (RUS) -- so far this season, she's only judged juniors (who I don't have data on). However, she did judge Rostelecom both of the previous two seasons. Overall, has been a fairly average judge at the events I've looked at, neither over nor under-scoring substantially relative to other judges (though she leans towards overscoring slightly). She does show some tendency to favor same-country skaters, though it's not particularly severe in comparison to other biased judges. She did not underscore Yuzu at Rostelecom last year, however.

Joanna Miller (AUS) -- she has not judged any events this season, and I don't have any historical data on her. No opinion.

Deborah Currie (USA) -- she has not judged any events this season, and I don't have any historical data on her. No opinion.

Claudia Brambati (ITA) -- she has not judged any events this season, and I don't have any historical data on her. No opinion.

Lynne Dey (CAN) -- she has not judged any events this season, but she did judge Rostelecom men's last year and Skate Canada the year before that. Overall, she was a relatively lenient judge at SC but a relatively harsh judge at Rostelecom, so it averages out? :13877886:She didn't underscore Yuzu at either event but does seem to show some preference for home-country skaters.

Overall, nobody on this judging panel screams super-biased based on historical scores, though I would still watch Sharkina and Dey (though with Keegan and Misha they'll probably cancel each other out). This panel may lean towards the harsher side, however (though this is balanced by the fact that I don't have information on half the judges).

I can't watch this live, so I'll say this right now: GOOD LUCK, YUUUZUUUUU!!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::cheer:

I'll catch the replay SP first thing in the morning before heading off to work.

Have fun, everyone, who will be watching live!

Gotta wake up early but I'll be able to watch Yuzu :10636614:

Speaking of which I should probably go to bed now :english2:

It's hours away but I already feel like I can't concentrate on anything today :13877886: I'm so nervous but I guess it should be okay since I watched Helsinki irl... so I should be able to watch this live :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

I can't watch this live, so I'll say this right now: GOOD LUCK, YUUUZUUUUU!!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::cheer:

I read is as "GOLD LUCK" :1: well gold luck yuzu!!:cheer:

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I’m not worried at all about Zu this time so I’m sending my luck to Mikhail and Julian. 🍀

I'm actually not very worried about Yuzu at all either. The last time he finished worse than 2nd was four years ago, right after the CoC disaster. He just needs to make podium in order to guarantee himself a spot at GPF, so as long as he doesn't get injured it should be fine.  Of course, I want him to do well so he doesn't feel kuyashii (especially skating in front of Plushenko with a Plushenko tribute program :68468287:) and so that the competition videos will be more re-watchable, but objectively he doesn't need to do all that well here.

Misha, on the other hand...:13877886:Please be at least moderately clean, Misha.

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

I already have a stress headache. *everything crossed*

*pats*

*passes tea*

Hello everyone. 

8 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I'm actually not very worried about Yuzu at all either. The last time he finished worse than 2nd was four years ago, right after the CoC disaster. He just needs to make podium in order to guarantee himself a spot at GPF, so as long as he doesn't get injured it should be fine.  Of course, I want him to do well so he doesn't feel kuyashii (especially skating in front of Plushenko with a Plushenko tribute program :68468287:) and so that the competition videos will be more re-watchable, but objectively he doesn't need to do all that well here.

Misha, on the other hand...:13877886:Please be at least moderately clean, Misha.

Oh? Is Plushenko there after all? I thought he went to do Javi’s ice shows. Does this mean I should apologise to Javi? :D 

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

*pats*

*passes tea*

Hello everyone. 

Oh, great! Tea club! I am already making my Satsuma Yuzu tea. I came prepared! :hachimaki: