Yatagarasu

[2018] GP Rostelecom Cup (16-18.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

Thank god the SP begins at local 2 pm which means I have one more hour for sleep...even FS does not...

Anyway, I am so exited!!! 

30 minutes ago, Tee said:

I showed my coworker a video of Olympic Seimei and he was v impressed, nodding his head to the music and making noises when he almost fell on the 4T combo and 3Lz, and literally gasping at the hydroblade :68468287:. I was commentating while he was watching and explaining that it was his first competition since his injury he sustained three months prior and how this was his first skate back (after the short). 

Mayb show that and Helsinki Otonal bc the crowd was amazing tbh and it’s the same program that he’ll skate to at CoR? 

28 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

GPF Chopin. Short and  has everything in. But my friend was actually converted after watching Seimei. 

27 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

I was sold on PC Ballade but you might try GPF 2015 which was as close as perfection as can be. There is this great video called « Champion in Peyongchang »

brought me to tears 

24 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I showed my dad a lot of Yuzu's best perfs and he said he liked PW Sochi the most. That was also the program that hooked me in. But I agree with those who suggested GPF 2015. Since he broke the WR by a huge margin, the commentaries were all good there

Thank you all! I will consider the 2015 GPF then. It sounds like a good idea for a start. :img_21:

50 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

I love you guys, but replacing assistant professor this time is me and this is seminar. :headdesk2: Will be super grateful for any updates from the "battlefield". Good luck, Yuzu:-)

I currently work as a TA for a Sociology intro class. If I were you I would just say: today we gonna cover the Sociology of Sport, so let me use the example of figure skating to illuminate you guys. 

Turn on live stream, and watch his competition. Turn off and keep lecturing, while screaming in the inside.

..for the first time in my life I am considering hiding in the bathroom for the short at work and watching secretely..:1:

8 минут назад, Anzi сказал:

I currently work as a TA for a Sociology intro class. If I were you I would just say: today we gonna cover the Sociology of Sport, so let me use the example of figure skating to illuminate you guys. 

Turn on live stream, and watch his competition. Turn off and keep lecturing, while screaming in the inside.

:grin_clapping: Brilliant! Gonna think what to do with my medieval French history :68468287: 

3 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

:grin_clapping: Brilliant! Gonna think what to do with my medieval French history :68468287: 

You can always say that Yuzu is French and hope no one will notice. :sipping:

14 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Thank you all! I will consider the 2015 GPF then. It sounds like a good idea for a start. :img_21:

Or even GPF 2014 FS. The 4T on the music blew my mind the first time i saw it 

hace 12 minutos , raebia said:

..for the first time in my life I am considering hiding in the bathroom for the short at work and watching secretely..:1:

I'm sure you won't be the first or the last one to do so....:biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Make up some French medieval esoteric analysis of the imagery in Origin :tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow:

33 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I sold the Haru yo koi pink fairy to my parents, and my mom literally said: he looks like a 🌸

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

So, since there is still time until the first practice, I need help, guys. I've asked in a different thread already, but no answer so far and I need to hurry, so to say. :68468287:

I have to show Yuzu to someone who doesn't know anything about him. Of course, I need an immediate impact and lots of info as well. I was thinking about one significant program (maybe worlds 2017?) and one fanmade video that would describe Yuzu's achievements and his life.

Do you have any ideas? Something you used to "fanyu" someone else?

If you can get a video with both of Yuzu's Olympic skates (and casually mention injury, painkillers etc) just as you hit the start button) it would be epic. 

I love musicvids - a couple of my favourite Yuzu ones are this one to Lorde's Everybody Wants to Rule the World

... and this Legends Never Die,

and anything by Two Steps from Hell :) This one I adore... shows just why he's the greatest

and then just for fun... Yuzu Cat, because that side of him is irresistable too

6 minutes ago, TallyT said:

If you can get a video with both of Yuzu's Olympic skates (and casually mention injury, painkillers etc) just as you hit the start button) it would be epic. 

I love musicvids - two of my favourite Yuzu ones are this one to Lorde's Everybody Wants to Rule the World

... and this Legends Never Die,

and anything by Two Steps from Hell :) This one I adore... shows just why he's the greatest

Nice! Thanks! :smiley-char023:

2 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

So, since there is still time until the first practice, I need help, guys. I've asked in a different thread already, but no answer so far and I need to hurry, so to say. :68468287:

I have to show Yuzu to someone who doesn't know anything about him. Of course, I need an immediate impact and lots of info as well. I was thinking about one significant program (maybe worlds 2017?) and one fanmade video that would describe Yuzu's achievements and his life.

Do you have any ideas? Something you used to "fanyu" someone else?

(Sorry for quoting myself - just for topic purposes.)

Thank you all for your suggestions again. Now I want to show all the videos though. :xD:

Anyway, I don't want this to become too OT, so, if you have other ideas, please, post them to this thread:

Thanks! Looking forward to your ideas! :img_21:

Lol, we're so predictable.  a week before the event and the Yuzu competition thread is already most active.  Luckily for me, my boss lets me choose my schedule and I have no class on Fridays.  Between class and work I tend to be busy for 14-16 hours on Thursdays but I have faith that the Yuzudrenaline will power me through until the 5am short program. 

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

Just wanted to add my bit.  I think you have to pick an objective and it depends on exactly what audience you're directing it at.

If you're trying to convert an average viewer to Yuzu, I suggest Olympic Semei.

1. Semei has the most audience friendly music.  That driving beat is very catchy.

2. This is his least "gay" (don't lynch me - not my opinion, speaking from how I think others would react) program so it will be unlikely to turn anyone off.  People who think this is too girly probably wouldn't be into figure skating no matter what you do.

3.  His costume isn't as "girly" (see #2 parenthesis)

4. It was clear that he worked on the performance aspect in his down time - he had so much more charisma and tension in his Olympic performance vs. GPF

5.  He was a lot hotter at the Olympics.  I'm being totally serious in making this a factor.  I think looks can really draw in an average viewer (see Anna Kournikova).  Obviously some people like that baby face look, in case 2015 would be better, but I don't think he really grew into his looks until 2017 and back then, he wasn't styling his hair to match the program either.  For me, I never was into Asian men until I saw Yuzu at the Olympics and then I became obsessed - lol, Yuzu has opened up a whole new vista of ogling for me - now I leer at a lot of Asian men.

The only drawback to using Olympic Semei is that I think a lot of "average" or "casual" viewers will hang too much importance on the mistakes.

If you want to show skating at his epitome, I suggest Olympic Chopin.  I think this was his best blend of technical perfection and performance.  All his jumps were butter smooth, all his elements were musical, he had that sexy command and authoritativeness of the choreography, and his charisma was at its peak.  Plus.. you know... the hotness factor.  However, this program might be too "girly" for a lot of audiences.

I personally never liked Parisian Walkways that much, which I'm really sad about because it caused me to miss a lot of Yuzu time.  However, I think it's a more "masculine" style that would appeal to a lot of people and it was the technical peak in the day. 

But I do agree that 2015 GPF is probably the best combo of technical superiority, artistic mastery, cleanliness, and audience appeal.  His spins were faster and the jumps were cleaner than Olympic Semei.  I just don't think it displayed his peak at any of those things.