Jump to content
Yatagarasu

[2018] GP Rostelecom Cup (16-18.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

Recommended Posts

On 11/18/2018 at 4:20 AM, Tee said:

 

 

 

Thanks for the links to this!  I think this is my favorite medal ceremony ever, even despite poor Yuzu on his crutches.  Yuzu continues to be so respectful to his competitors and to fans, and Kazuki Tomono and Morisi Kvitelashvili were really kind and helpful.  I was rather impressed that they both reached out to help him up, and then Kazuki commandeered his flowers and gift and took the time out of his own moment of triumph to get them off the ice for Yuzu, and Morisi helped Yuzu down from the podium too.  Such a great display of sportsmanship on all sides.  It really warms my heart to see it.  :softYuzu:

 

(On a side note, what cruel ISU official hands a guy with crutches two bulky objects to carry, and then ditches him on his own to try to shuffle back?  I know it's all tradition, but surely they could have arranged to have someone standing on the side after the photos were done to take the flowers and the gift back to the boards for him...  :20111123175551f36: and kinda :68468287: too)

 

 

Also, at first I thought Yuzu was directing Kazuki and Morisi with his crutch (because for a moment they didn't look like they knew what came next after they got their medals and left the podium) and was thinking "that is so like him :68468287:", but from a different angle it's clear he was communicating with the photographers.  No matter, I bet in his heart he was probably urging them to go ahead and do their victory lap.  :mischief:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tee said:

 

I beg to differ. Excuse me while I remind you all of happier times with Yuzu and his half on half off Team Japan jacket. :13877886:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dheu said:

 

Thanks for the links to this!  I think this is my favorite medal ceremony ever, even despite poor Yuzu on his crutches.  Yuzu continues to be so respectful to his competitors and to fans, and Kazuki Tomono and Morisi Kvitelashvili were really kind and helpful.  I was rather impressed that they both reached out to help him up, and then Kazuki commandeered his flowers and gift and took the time out of his own moment of triumph to get them off the ice for Yuzu, and Morisi helped Yuzu down from the podium too.  Such a great display of sportsmanship on all sides.  It really warms my heart to see it.  :softYuzu:

 

(On a side note, what cruel ISU official hands a guy with crutches two bulky objects to carry, and then ditches him on his own to try to shuffle back?  I know it's all tradition, but surely they could have arranged to have someone standing on the side after the photos were done to take the flowers and the gift back to the boards for him...  :20111123175551f36: and kinda :68468287: too)

 

 

Also, at first I thought Yuzu was directing Kazuki and Morisi with his crutch (because for a moment they didn't look like they knew what came next after they got their medals and left the podium) and was thinking "that is so like him :68468287:", but from a different angle it's clear he was communicating with the photographers.  No matter, I bet in his heart he was probably urging them to go ahead and do their victory lap.  :mischief:

Oh the victory lap!!! I was observing him from the stands and it looked like he was totally going to step on the ice  and make a little walk on crutches,  I think I even  said something like : "Noooo,  please ,  don't!!!!" as if he could hear me  lol. But he ended up just  taking a better pisition for   posing and left his crutches on the carpet. But I really was worried😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dheu said:

 

Thanks for the links to this!  I think this is my favorite medal ceremony ever, even despite poor Yuzu on his crutches.  Yuzu continues to be so respectful to his competitors and to fans, and Kazuki Tomono and Morisi Kvitelashvili were really kind and helpful.  I was rather impressed that they both reached out to help him up, and then Kazuki commandeered his flowers and gift and took the time out of his own moment of triumph to get them off the ice for Yuzu, and Morisi helped Yuzu down from the podium too.  Such a great display of sportsmanship on all sides.  It really warms my heart to see it.  :softYuzu:

 

(On a side note, what cruel ISU official hands a guy with crutches two bulky objects to carry, and then ditches him on his own to try to shuffle back?  I know it's all tradition, but surely they could have arranged to have someone standing on the side after the photos were done to take the flowers and the gift back to the boards for him...  :20111123175551f36: and kinda :68468287: too)

 

 

Also, at first I thought Yuzu was directing Kazuki and Morisi with his crutch (because for a moment they didn't look like they knew what came next after they got their medals and left the podium) and was thinking "that is so like him :68468287:", but from a different angle it's clear he was communicating with the photographers.  No matter, I bet in his heart he was probably urging them to go ahead and do their victory lap.  :mischief:

He had already sent them on their victory lap around the arena before. When he was getting off the podium...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Gaby said:

Oh the victory lap!!! I was observing him from the stands and it looked like he was totally going to step on the ice  and make a little walk on crutches,  I think I even  said something like : "Noooo,  please ,  don't!!!!" as if he could hear me  lol. But he ended up just  taking a better pisition for   posing and left his crutches on the carpet. But I really was worried😁

I was too!  I thought the same thing for a moment.  Stop worrying us, Yuzu! :68468287:

 

37 minutes ago, Fay said:

He had already sent them on their victory lap around the arena before. When he was getting off the podium...

Oh, you're right!  I missed those hand gestures before.  I knew he would be directing them!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The medal ceremony hurt - seeing him on crutches, our boy who was meant to fly - but at the same time it was heartwarming, the support, the emotion between the three of them and the crowd. 

 

Can you imagine what the other crowd at Worlds - in Japan - is going to be like? Even if he;s not at his best they will go wild for him, and if he is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×