Yatagarasu

[2018] GP NHK Trophy - Ladies SP & FS

2 minutes ago, liv said:

Think he's awake? 

Probably. To brag that he taught (bullied) Rika how to jump under pressure :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:(just kidding of course)

Satoko knows - that’s why she’s trying so hard to improve her jumps.  I’m really pleased for Rika, I hope she can keep this up.  I like Liza a lot but outside of the jumps she doesn’t have the quality of skating that the Japanese ladies do so she’s got to nail all jumping passes as well as she possibly can.  I liked her music - much classier than Chicago and she can pull off that sort of programme unlike the teenagers.

30 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

this is still running

I had not time to thank you before 'cause I wanted to look at least at the latest competitors: I do it now :thanks:

I am so happy for Rika: I love her skating and the programs she has this year (the FS more than SP, though). I hope that she can be consistent and she can grow in some of the PCS departments with time (but I am sure she will).

I loved Satoko, whose programs are some of the best of this season too: I think that at the moment she is the best female skater in the PCS field for at least IN and PE. The jumps are a little better, especially in the first part of the program, but we all know all her issues and they are very difficult to solve at this poin of her career. Still kudos for trying.

I love also the attitude of Liza and her jumps but her skating leave me always a bit cold, for the choices of music and programs and also cause I don't feel any kind of projection or connection between her and us /the public. It was so also back in her "winning all" year so...

I have not seen all the others so I hope I will find the videos on YT or elsewhere later. 

Thank you again for the links and the comments here: they have been useful to understand a bit what was going on when I had not video streaming available.

Honestly with this shakeup (Satoko and Liza, both not winning this event after winning their previous), 2+3 may not be enough for GPF. Poor Kaori :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: Zhenya still has a chance by WINNING IdF.

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Where is Mako's next GP event?

we will see her at CoR :)

I enjoyed Alina's shake up of the order last year, but since I prefer Rika's skating skills and jumps better than hers, I will enjoy this even more. Work on your quads girls... unless your technique is good enough for a 3A ( and most girls dont have that)... or try a 3loop combo... you're gonna need these things unless you rely on errors...

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Honestly with this shakeup (Satoko and Liza, both not winning this event after winning their previous), 2+3 may not be enough for GPF. Poor Kaori :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: Zhenya still has a chance by WINNING IdF.

But Rika will be at IdF so that's strong competition 

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

we will see her at CoR :)

GO MAKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

So: Rika has set the new "best season record" / word record for FS and combined score... right?

Nope, still below Alina, who has 238ish combined. But if Rika can skate both programs clean and get a PCS bump from establishing a reputation, she should be able to challenge that.

1 minute ago, fireovertheice said:

So: Rika has set the new "best season record" / word record for FS and combined score... right?

We all wish. Nope. She is 4pts behind in FS at least. 

____

Congrats to medallists. I haven't watch it, cz real life...

But, please let me cry over Mai...

Mai-chan darling, I still love you.

32 minutes ago, Tee said:

But Rika will be at IdF so that's strong competition 

yup, but Zhenya still has her PCS so it's possible for her to win. she just needs to be perfect. 

Let's see....

qualified: satoko, liza

still has one more event: rika, alina, mako, sofia, zhenya, konstantinova

2+3: kaori

wow what a blood bath. we will see alina, mako, and sofia at CoR next weekend and only two of them could qualify, so most likely alina + mako if she wins silver. that leaves two spots, one of which goes to whoever wins IdF.

so there's one more spot left. if it's zhenya-rika at IdF, they both qualify; if it's rika-zhenya, then zhenya and kaori have tiebreaker. i guess konstantinova could be in there as well by winning 1st or 2nd. 

basically kaori only has a chance if zhenya gets second :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: and has a lower overall score than her :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

or if mako yamashita doesn't get silver at CoR and rika/zhenya get top 2 at IdF.

Eh, I actually think a clean Rika will beat a clean Zhenya--but Rika's not guaranteed to go clean, so Zhenya still has a good shot.

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yup, but Zhenya still has her PCS so it's possible for her to win. she just needs to be perfect. 

Let's see....

qualified: satoko, liza

still has one more event: rika, alina, mako, sofia, zhenya

2+3: kaori

wow what a blood bath. we will see alina, mako, and sofia at CoR next weekend and only two of them could qualify, so most likely alina + whoever finishes 2nd. (because most likely they would lose a 2+3 tiebreaker with kaori). that leaves two spots, one of which goes to whoever wins IdF.

so there's one more spot left. if it's zhenya-rika at IdF, they both qualify; if it's rika-zhenya, then zhenya and kaori have tiebreaker.

What with Konstantinova?

Ok, I see. There is still Bradie at IDF. If she skate clean and get USA bonus she can still have chances to GPF, iirc. Through tiebreaker.