Jump to content
Yatagarasu

[2018] GP NHK Trophy (09-11.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

Recommended Posts

Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens 

 

 

ISU GP NHK Trophy 2018

ISU Grand Prix

Hiroshima / JPN

09.11.2018 - 11.11.2018

 

 

uHDIDjI.png

 

 

All pre-comp discussion, practice reports, as well as fluff and other in-betweens during the competition goes here!

Competition threads for all disciplines will be opened separately!

 

 

Date Event Location
October 19–21 2018 Skate America Everett / USA
October 26–28 2018 Skate Canada Laval / CAN
November 2–4 2018 Grand Prix of Helsinki Helsinki / FIN
November 9–11 2018 NHK Trophy

Hiroshima / JPN

November 16–18 2018 Rostelecom Cup

Moscow / RUS

November 23–25 2018 Internationaux de France Grenoble / FRA
December 6–9 2018–19 Grand Prix Final Vancouver / CAN

 

 

 

 

*times listed hereon are in your local time
Instructions for Streaming
  • Live QQ
    • Hosted and commentated by Hua Hua (also formerly known as pandaguy?)
    • Good quality
    • the user comments flying across the screen can be turned off with a toggle on the bottom right of the video
  • CBC
    • Great quality, free
    • Requires VPN service
  • FS Live 
    • has links in the video description
  • YLE
    • Needs a Finnish VPN
  • Other links will be added later on
  • All OPs for individual disciplines will contain links for streaming too for easy access

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time and Practice schedule

 

Entry lists:

 

  Men Ladies Ice Dance Pairs
1 Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN)

Kailani CRAINE (AUS)

Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS (CAN)

Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN)

2

Matteo RIZZO (ITA)

Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU (CHN) Cheng PENG / Yang JIN (CHN)
3 Hiroaki SATO (JPN) Rika KIHIRA (JPN) Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)
4 Shoma UNO (JPN) Mai MIHARA (JPN)

Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON (GBR)

Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS)
5 Sota YAMAMOTO (JPN) Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO (JPN) Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU (ESP)
6 Deniss VASILJEVS (LAT) Eunsoo LIM (KOR) Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN (RUS) Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA (USA)
7 June Hyoung LEE (KOR) Alena LEONOVA (RUS) Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS) Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV (USA)
8 Dmitri ALIEV (RUS) Maria SOTSKOVA (RUS) Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN (UKR) Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM (USA)
9

Sergei VORONOV (RUS)

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER (USA) X
10 Yaroslav PANIOT (UKR) Mariah BELL (USA) Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS (USA) X
11 Alexander JOHNSON (USA) Courtney HICKS (USA) X X
12 Vincent ZHOU (USA) Angela WANG (USA) X X

 

Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All four fields look exciting in this stop. :img_21:GP season for bringing excitement to my life. Too bad I don't have tickets to go, since I'm actually in Fukuoka on Friday, so close. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies is stacked. Rooting for Rika and Eunsoo! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

 

What's the optimum outcome for men's for Jun to have a shot at GPF? 1. Shoma 2. Vincent 3. Rizzo/Voronov (assuming Jun's higher score total holds?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m excited for the ladies. The battle of the 3As. I like Rika 3A better though. I am also rooting for Mai and Eunsoo. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh, ladies event seem like a bloodbath, unfortunately I won't watch SP from any event live for about 90% (praying I can have a free day next friday for Rostelecom, that looks very bad at this moment...) I kinda want Japanese podium, especially a good debut for Rika and finally a scores she deserves for Mai, but I also would love to see Liza even more succesful this season, and Masha can do very well too... I don't think other girls can beat them, but surprises happen... I hope Eunsoo will do fine, but I really hate her FS, so can't really root for her over Japanese ladies or Liza...

 

And I almost forgot, Sota will be here! :D And also Deniss and Dima, first GP of the season. Still, the biggest chance for challenging Shoma still goes to uncle Voronov :D (it's like, 5% chance, but still)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And crossposting...

 

 

Tally so far:

Names in red have qualified for the GPF, blue are substitutes

 

Men Ladies Ice Dance Pairs
  1. Michal BREZINA (CZE) 26

  2. Junhwan CHA (KOR) 22

  3. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) 15

  4. Nathan CHEN (USA) 15

  5. Shoma UNO (JPN) 15

  6. Keegan MESSING (CAN) 13

  7. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) 12

  8. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) 11

  9. Alexander SAMARIN (RUS) 9

  10. Mikhail KOLYADA (RUS) 9

  11. Matteo RIZZO (ITA) 9

  1. Kaori SAKAMOTO (JPN) 24
  2. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) 15

  3. Alina ZAGITOVA (RUS) 15

  4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) 15

  5. Mako YAMASHITA (JPN) 13

  6. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA (RUS) 13

  7. Sofia SAMODUROVA (RUS) 11

  8. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA (RUS) 11

  9. Bradie TENNELL (USA) 9

  10. Yuna SHIRAIWA (JPN) 9

  11. Mariah BELL (USA) 9

  1. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) 30

  2. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (ITA) 26
  3. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER (USA) 20
  4. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN (RUS) 15
  5. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) 13
  6. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) 11
  7. Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS) 11
  8. Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC (FRA) 9
  9. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (ESP) 9
  1. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA) 15

  2. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS) 15
  3. Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS) 15
  4. Cheng PENG / Yang JIN (CHN) 13
  5. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) 13
  6. Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN (RUS) 13
  7. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN) 11
  8. Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN (RUS) 11
  9. Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC (USA) 11
  10. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII (RUS) 9
  11. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT) 9
  12. Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM (USA) 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how to read the schedule? when is the ladies short and what time ? :snonegai:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Anyone know how to read the schedule? when is the ladies short and what time ? 

 

Friday, 16:10 J time. 

Men also on Friday but 19:05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yatagarasu said:

 

Friday, 16:10 J time. 

Men also on Friday but 19:05

:heartpound: thank you. One of these day I will learn how to read it. Usually I would find a easy to read schedule somewhere but haven’t seen one yet :13877886:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Anyone know how to read the schedule? when is the ladies short and what time ? :snonegai:

I'll update the planet calendar with the times :13877886: sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

And crossposting...

 

 

Tally so far:

Names in red have qualified for the GPF, blue are substitutes

 

Men Ladies Ice Dance Pairs
  1. Michal BREZINA (CZE) 26

  2. Junhwan CHA (KOR) 22

  3. Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) 15

  4. Nathan CHEN (USA) 15

  5. Shoma UNO (JPN) 15

  6. Keegan MESSING (CAN) 13

  7. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) 12

  8. Sergei VORONOV (RUS) 11

  9. Alexander SAMARIN (RUS) 9

  10. Mikhail KOLYADA (RUS) 9

  11. Matteo RIZZO (ITA) 9

  1. Kaori SAKAMOTO (JPN) 24
  2. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) 15

  3. Alina ZAGITOVA (RUS) 15

  4. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) 15

  5. Mako YAMASHITA (JPN) 13

  6. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA (RUS) 13

  7. Sofia SAMODUROVA (RUS) 11

  8. Evgenia MEDVEDEVA (RUS) 11

  9. Bradie TENNELL (USA) 9

  10. Yuna SHIRAIWA (JPN) 9

  11. Mariah BELL (USA) 9

  1. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) 30

  2. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (ITA) 26
  3. Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER (USA) 20
  4. Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN (RUS) 15
  5. Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) 13
  6. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) 11
  7. Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS) 11
  8. Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC (FRA) 9
  9. Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (ESP) 9
  1. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA) 15

  2. Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS) 15
  3. Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT (RUS) 15
  4. Cheng PENG / Yang JIN (CHN) 13
  5. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) 13
  6. Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN (RUS) 13
  7. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN) 11
  8. Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN (RUS) 11
  9. Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC (USA) 11
  10. Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII (RUS) 9
  11. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER (AUT) 9
  12. Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM (USA) 9

I think there's technically a really convoluted way for Brezina not to make the finals, so it might be good to asterisk him even if it's really unlikely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shanshani said:

I think there's technically a really convoluted way for Brezina not to make the finals, so it might be good to asterisk him even if it's really unlikely to happen.

 

Do tell? Just out of curiosity. ;)

 

I'm so looking forward to seeing Sota compete in his long-expected GP debut. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, surimi said:

 

Do tell? Just out of curiosity. ;)

 

I'm so looking forward to seeing Sota compete in his long-expected GP debut. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I'm not great at GPF qualifying rules, but I think there's still a few possible, if not very likely scenarios in which Brezina doesn't make it.

For instance, if Voronov takes first at NHK and Shoma takes 3rd--I don't really see this happening unless Shoma injures himself but goes for it anyway like a certain someone did at a certain cursed event, and even then Voronov would have to perform exceptionally well, but it's still technically possible. 1+3 beats 2+2, so that would put Shoma, Voronov, Yuzu, and Nathan in. Then if whoever comes in second either beats Nathan at France or gets silver with a higher score total than Brezina (let's just say Aliev does it, but it doesn't really matter who as long as they win gold at their other event or silver with a higher point total than Brezina). That would result in Shoma/Voronov/Yuzu/Nathan/Aliev. Then Keegan either defeats Yuzu or gets second with a higher point total than Brezina--that would result in Shoma/Voronov/Yuzu/Nathan/Alieve/Keegan. I don't think that's the only scenario, but basically the idea is that things get more uncertain if Shoma/Yuzu/Nathan lose, especially if more than one of them loses and especially if they lose with bronze. Granted, not the most likely course of events (especially since the people they lose to would also have to do sufficiently well at another event to qualify over Brezina), but nothing in men's is 100% bankable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×