Yatagarasu

[2018] GP Helsinki (02-04.11) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

No, that's just the practice. Which seems to not be very uncommon. Plenty of early morning practices at ACI, too. And Worlds and Olys lately, as well. Actual short program for men is at 12:45 local time

Good! Now I know I should get up early at 6 am which seems an unachievable goal for me...

But I will make every effort to leave my bed and watch the stream in clear head🙂

19 minutes ago, sophiang said:

I FEEL SO NERVOUS and EXCITED when seeing this thread, oh my...........this week should be and exciting week for me :14066882:

Even more nervous than ACI................GP is a Real battle! :10742290:

Any iphone App can used to make calendar with specific time-zone?

want to set it in my phone to aware myself!!!!!!!!! i can't miss our boy this season!

i am always confuse by the different time zone......:yznotimpressed:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/finland/helsinki

Is this one also provide App function?

Helsinki is behind Hong Kong 6 hours

ME TOOOO!!!!

49分钟前, jinxxoo说:

Why have gala practice before men's LP?!

Why??!!!!

because the Gala is same day right after the MEN LP and ceremony

so that's why.............the practice is before LP (is this normal? won't brother skater for preparing LP?)

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:They clearly know that our MASTER can get so much attention and millions of YUZUFANS fly to watch, so let it MENS be the last

its seems Helsinki schedule is much later than other competition.....MENS SP on SAT and LP on SUN

Europe switched to standard time yesterday, while the US is still doing summer time a few more weeks, so one hour less in time difference. 

Also, there is a hashtag:

4 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

And you know what? It's only 3 days to the first practice!!! 

:smiley-excited001:

I can't wait!!!

2 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

Why have gala practice before men's LP?!

Why??!!!!

Yeah.... that doesn't make complete sense to me either..... we all know how much things can change between SP and FS. But maybe they figure after SP it'll be abundantly clear who will warrant a gala invite. 

Also, like someone else said, won't it bother and disturb the men's FS preparation? 

P.s. can you imagine how funny and awkward it'll be when they do the part of the practice where the gold medallists do a thing, and they are like... uh... yeah... so ... for men's........ yeah just this is what whoever wins needs to do

6 hours ago, MarthEmblem said:

I'm also in EST! We're about 6 hours behind, if I'm not completely mistaken. So the men's sp will start at 12:45 pm in Helsinki time and 6:45 am for us :13877886:

I'm nine hours ahead of Helsinki, so that means {counts on fingers, wonders why the number of digits seems wrong...} 9.45 pm...

and the free is at one in the morning, which is a little more civilised than ACI was....

1 minute ago, OonsieHui said:

Yeah.... that doesn't make complete sense to me either..... we all know how much things can change between SP and FS. But maybe they figure after SP it'll be abundantly clear who will warrant a gala invite. 

Also, like someone else said, won't it bother and disturb the men's FS preparation? 

P.s. can you imagine how funny and awkward it'll be when they do the part of the practice where the gold medallists do a thing, and they are like... uh... yeah... so ... for men's........ yeah just this is what whoever wins needs to do

Yeah, just imagine that awkward moment, when you are in class and the teacher wants to demonstrate something. Firstly, that silence, everyone pretending, they are not there.... and then the teacher picks the nerd of the class to do the demonstration.

So, yeah, Yuzu will do it! :68468287:

22 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Yeah it's kind of an interruption, I think? Wonder if they expect the men to actually show up? And less goofing from them since they will still be in competition mode?

13 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm lucky! Bucharest is in the same time zone as Helsinki which means decent hours for me to watch FS and Yuzu! Yay! :dancingpooh:

And it's only +1 hour for me, so Yay as well! :happydance:

(The Worlds will be cruel though...)

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I'm confused. NBC schedule says men's sp is 5:45 pm fri but according to the schedule it's 12:45 pm Helsinki time sat, which is 5:45 am on sat for central usa. NBC made a schedule mistake? It won't be quite as nerve wracking to not wonder what happened while I'm at the party at least but I''ll be miserable watching it that early hung over. I can't just wait until a full night sleep like a normal person either

Yeah, that NBC schedule can't be right. Helsinki time is 9 hrs ahead of me, so if the Men's short pgm is on Sat, 11/3 at 12:45 pm Helsinki time, then it should be the ungodly hour of 3:45 am my time. But the NBC schedule lists it as Friday, 11/2 at 3:45 pm PDT.

I was almost dying because I just received notice I have to work that weekend...

BUT! I forgot this was in Helsinki so I just tried to do all the time conversions and...I think it's gonna be at 4AM and 6AM xD but I will make it for our overlord! I'm in your hands, dear all, I don't wanna fall asleep :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:, the bad part is I will have to go work without any sleep, wish me luck :13877886: