What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

On 11/17/2020 at 1:06 PM, hachi_o_ichi said:

I'm back to the 90s, but with a band I wasn't lucky enough to discover at the time, Faith No More. I'm in this loop for a month now and people around me are getting tired already XD

I've been listening to the 1990s a lot lately. I'm currently reading a big book of history of pop-rock music, part IV, the 1990s (previously I read the books about 1920s-1980s). I got to know many bands from the 1990s, including Faith No More. I already heard a lot of them before but while I was reading the book I also listened to some of their songs.

Now I'm reading the chapter the golden age of hip-hop and it's great.

Today one of the most famous musicians, a keyboardist in my country died of liver cancer. They made several big hits but The Girl with Pearly Hair was the most successful one, it was a well known song in the late 1960s/early 1970s.. Someone made a video with the song edited with clips from The Little Mermaid (a Soviet movie from 1976) and the end result is just beautiful. :heart: 

16 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I've been listening to the 1990s a lot lately. I'm currently reading a big book of history of pop-rock music, part IV, the 1990s (previously I read the books about 1920s-1980s). I got to know many bands from the 1990s, including Faith No More. I already heard a lot of them before but while I was reading the book I also listened to some of their songs.

Now I'm reading the chapter the golden age of hip-hop and it's great.

Today one of the most famous musicians, a keyboardist in my country died of liver cancer. They made several big hits but The Girl with Pearly Hair was the most successful one, it was a well known song in the late 1960s/early 1970s.. Someone made a video with the song edited with clips from The Little Mermaid (a Soviet movie from 1976) and the end result is just beautiful. :heart: 

I've been revisiting the likes of Run-DMC, De La Soul and such as well, I'm positive that chapter must be a blast.  

Gorgeous track this one! (wacky film too). Seems like many great people are leaving us lately... Guess we're just getting old haha.

6 hours ago, hachi_o_ichi said:

I've been revisiting the likes of Run-DMC, De La Soul and such as well, I'm positive that chapter must be a blast.  

Gorgeous track this one! (wacky film too). Seems like many great people are leaving us lately... Guess we're just getting old haha.

It's a great chapter, I love it. Next one will be country music in the 1990s haha.

The song is a real beauty, the lyrics are also outstanding. Yes, sadly, many of the great musicians from the 50s, 60s or even 70s have already left us.

On 11/24/2020 at 12:09 PM, hachi_o_ichi said:

Ouuhh yaaaas Sakurai!!! You also a fan of Dir En Grey, L'Arc-en-Ciel, Gackt and the likes? 

not exactly those three...but aside from Buck-Tick I'm into Mucc especially but also D'espairs Ray and some girugamesh (mostly into metal otherwise) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...