What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

On 6/3/2020 at 5:01 AM, sallycinnamon said:

Haruomi Hosono was asked to write an album for MUJI (which is a Japanese product line of households products) in the early 1980s before their first shop was opened. This music was used as background in MUJI stores. Very strange and mysterious ambient. I hope similar music is still played in some of the shops. 

Here the music that is usually played in stores go on my nerves. Pop and very loud. Makes me turn back and leave the shop within a minute XD

I wish I could visit MUJI when they were playing this. It would feel like getting away from reality for a moment.

The Muji shop I often visit plays this one all the time. I like this one as well. It is one of MUJI's BGM series. Its producer travels many countries and collaborates with local musicians who play their traditional music. Listening to this suddenly makes me miss MUJI so much since I haven't visited there for about 3months to stay at home. 

Listening to the Hosono's work reminded me of another of his work in the early 80s written for an anime called "Ginga Tetsudo no Yoru" based on a novel with the same title. I always feel as if I came back from thick darkness of night when I finish watching this movie or listening to this album.

Still listening to Mucc since yesterdays stream. Found Out the stream from 3 weeks ago is still online. That time they showed the footage from their 15th anniversary concert marathon day in June 2012. 3 Sets in one day for 3 five year periods in their band history up til that time. Begins with the middle period goes back to the beginning to end in their then present of 2012. 

7 hours ago, Kat said:

For the 2nd time (Yuzuru being the first), I joined a fan club for Dimash 💕

Dimash has a concert in Germany in Mar 2021, a week after WC 2021 in Stockholm.

I am contemplating attending Dimash's concert and maybe men's FS and short program.

But with Covid 19 and traveling in Mar (which is still bitter winter in my part of the woods), I haven't committed yet.  

8 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Dimash has a concert in Germany in Mar 2021, a week after WC 2021 in Stockholm.

I am contemplating attending Dimash's concert and maybe men's FS and short program.

But with Covid 19 and traveling in Mar (which is still bitter winter in my part of the woods), I haven't committed yet.  

I went to his NY concert-was worth it :). I dont intend to travel for quite a long time now over Covid...sucks, but I'm bunkering dow 😅.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 11:52 AM, sweetwater said:

I wish I could visit MUJI when they were playing this. It would feel like getting away from reality for a moment.

The Muji shop I often visit plays this one all the time. I like this one as well. It is one of MUJI's BGM series. Its producer travels many countries and collaborates with local musicians who play their traditional music. Listening to this suddenly makes me miss MUJI so much since I haven't visited there for about 3months to stay at home. 

Listening to the Hosono's work reminded me of another of his work in the early 80s written for an anime called "Ginga Tetsudo no Yoru" based on a novel with the same title. I always feel as if I came back from thick darkness of night when I finish watching this movie or listening to this album.

I love Scottish folk music and Hosono is such a great musician. Thank you for posting these! I think it's great MUJI chooses crafully what type of music is playing in their shop. It makes such a big difference. I love going to shops with good music or with no music at all.

My choice for tonight, Mozart, Grieg, Chopin, Liszt, Bach and Wagner