What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

• 3 weeks later...

Today (6th December) is Dave Brubeck's birthday so I go on to listening spree of his works, starting from the album Jazz Impressions of Japan and then jump around that afterwards...(listening to both his solo performances (original compositions) and his work with the quartet)

Also speaking of Dave, another FS music wish for Yuzu 😏, I wish he skates to either Points on Jazz (just the first movement or even the whole piece) or Koto Song... Or maybe even Unsquare Dance 😏😏

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Selene said:

I wonder if anyone else ended up listening to a lot of Toshl and X Japan after masquerade and crystal memories? 

I blame Yuzu for making me a Toshl fan also. 

I could never really get into them. I can't get into ToshIs voices sound and tone. Though I did end up watching a bunch of Interviews and documentary type stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first Shostakovich symphony I have ever listened to (and the first Shostakovich piece in which he is more musically explorative which I get).

I mean, I am already familiar with his more light-hearted works (eg. Tea for Two, the Jazz Suite, Gadfly), but this is the first *serious* Shostakovich work that I truly enjoy :yay: ...and who knows, you might end up enjoying this too!

PS: it absolutely doesn't hurt that the conductor* looked like Shostakovich 😏😂😂 (HE'S BACK ALIVE!!😂😂😂 ...but that's not just it! The concertmaster looked somewhat like Mahler, one of the flutists looked like Debussy, and to top it all one of the bassoonists looked like Timothee Chalamet(!!!) — in short, what a star-studded orchestra! 😏🌟 🌟)

*PPS: for the record, he's Klaus Mäkelä, Finnish conductor and cellist — it's only a matter of time until I crush real hard on him 😅😫😂🙈🙈)

14 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Found your song @sallycinnamon!! :smiley-happy085:

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I probably choce my user name because Sally Cinnamon was the song that was playing when I made my account. It's not really amongst my favourite Stone Roses songs actually...I liked their songs with the classic line-up more after Mani joined the band and after John Leckie became their producer :) 

Their debut album is still one of my favourite albums of all time...life changing stuff. I'm listening to the album now.