What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

When I saw "Sesame" and "Tiny Desk Concert" in the title I thought about this Sesame Street episode I love since a long time ago

I am listening to this now because it's the rainy season and his music often makes me think of raindrops and rings on the water

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry but I need to post this somewhere and couldn't think of anywhere else...

Spoiler

On 20th of August 2019, our family dog Oscar had crossed the rainbow bridge and gone over to the other side. We miss him so much and I honestly don't think I can get over... 

He was off food for about the past two weeks. He had been listless and tired but some days he was fine. On his last day, he could no longer stand up. He had cancer in his lungs. We didn't find out until the last day. He kept it all to himself and wanted to stay with us until the very last day. We are so sorry that we couldn't do anything to ease his pain. It must have been so hard for him. Tears come up as waves of emotions hit me when a little reminder of his presence just pops up. When I get caught in the waves, there's nothing I can do to stop from tears streaming down. I know I will get over one day. I know. One day the tears become those rain drops that make rainbows and I will see him jumping and playing like he used to. Until then, if my eyes are too wet to see it clearly, I just have to accept it and cry. We love you Oscar. We all miss you.  

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Hide contents

On 20th of August 2019, our family dog Oscar had crossed the rainbow bridge and gone over to the other side. We miss him so much and I honestly don't think I can get over... 

He was off food for about the past two weeks. He had been listless and tired but some days he was fine. On his last day, he could no longer stand up. He had cancer in his lungs. We didn't find out until the last day. He kept it all to himself and wanted to stay with us until the very last day. We are so sorry that we couldn't do anything to ease his pain. It must have been so hard for him. Tears come up as waves of emotions hit me when a little reminder of his presence just pops up. When I get caught in the waves, there's nothing I can do to stop from tears streaming down. I know I will get over one day. I know. One day the tears become those rain drops that make rainbows and I will see him jumping and playing like he used to. Until then, if my eyes are too wet to see it clearly, I just have to accept it and cry. We love you Oscar. We all miss you.  

Spoiler

There is nothing to be sorry about. I am grieving for your loss of Oscar. Sending you the deepest condolences and thoughts. Please know I will keep you and your family in my prayer. I am sure Oscar had lived a wonderful and happy life as part of your family. Thank you for sharing the news with us on Planet 🙏

26 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Hide contents

I am so sorry for your loss and I totally understand you because I went through the same two years ago when my beloved dog Carla died at 17 yo suffering of liver cancer. I know she was very old and very sick but I cried so much after her death and I still remember her dearly. I still didn't got myself to buy/adopt another dog yet ... 

May God rest Oscar's soul in peace ...

9 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Reveal hidden contents

:hugs:I know how it feels. He sounds like a wonderful dog and I'm sure you gave him as much happiness as he brought into your life. The pain of loss never goes away completely, but with time the joy of all the time you had with Oscar will drown it out. (Just stay away from any insensitive people who don't understand that pets are family, too.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

...hey, someone's on Bowie streak too! I am currently listening to When I'm Five on loop ...otherwise I'd just fall back on Let's Dance every time I go listen to David Bowie 😅😅🙈

...I wonder why the version on this video isn't available on Spotify :/ (don't get me wrong the demo version is charming too but why just provide the demo version when there's this (imho) a better-formed arrangement of the song? :think:)

It just sounds so childlike 💙 ...with a hint of chilling, unsettling undercurrent in the lyrics...

16 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

...hey, someone's on Bowie streak too! I am currently listening to When I'm Five on loop ...otherwise I'd just fall back on Let's Dance every time I go listen to David Bowie 😅😅🙈

...I wonder why the version on this video isn't available on Spotify :/ (don't get me wrong the demo version is charming too but why just provide the demo version when there's this (imho) a better-formed arrangement of the song? :think:)

It just sounds so childlike 💙 ...with a hint of chilling, unsettling undercurrent in the lyrics...

Oh, I haven't seen this video! He is so young and beautiful. (Well, he always looked young at heart and beautiful :img_21:)
Lately, I often think of him and search his music on youtube. I don't know why, but every time I see Origin 2.0 costume I somehow start thinking of him somewhere in my heart. I always wonder if he had worn anything like that and search in vain and end up listening to some of his works.

I really liked Chock and Bates's Under Pressure FD since it was kind of rare to hear Bowie's voice in figure skating. 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, sweetwater said:

I don't know why, but every time I see Origin 2.0 costume I somehow start thinking of him somewhere in my heart. I always wonder if he had worn anything like that and search in vain and end up listening to some of his works.

Because Origin 2.0 exudes sensuality the way a lot of David Bowie's characters do? :pouty:

I guess we have to be thankful that the sensuality in Origin 2.0 is not as explicit as LGC's, otherwise there would be anemia epidemic among fanyus 😅😂🙈🙈

...though it can be argued that the more explorative costumes of Bowie didn't solely emphasize on sensuality (intentional or otherwise), the main emphasis was usually on otherwordliness...

On 11/7/2019 at 2:11 PM, sweetwater said:

I really liked Chock and Bates's Under Pressure FD since it was kind of rare to hear Bowie's voice in figure skating. 

We are quite fortunate this season, a number of ice dance teams perform to David Bowie in their FD — Guignard/Fabbri's Space Oddity/Life On Mars ...alright the SO was a cover by Amanda Palmer, but hey! , and then there's Bronsard/Bouaraguia Space Oddity/Let's Dance FD in the juniors... It adds up to the David Bowie skating programs list! :68556365: