What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

On 11/26/2018 at 4:05 PM, BWOZWaltz said:

Dude with a strange head gear on... ;) His voice sooth me when I'm down. 

I've gotten Gregory Porter in my spotify playlist twice (first the "Raining in My Heart" song with Buddy Holly, and then "Mona Lisa"). I've been wondering about his head gear* as well for some time, perhaps that's the secret to his warm, soothing voice :68468287:

*Apparently he had a procedure on his head skin (some plastic surgery involved, I think :think:), and he wore the cap to cover it, and he kept it on ever since...

• 1 month later...

I was just wading through some videos from NPR music (the tiny desk concert series), and I stumbled upon this performance by Danish String Quartet — they played Faroese and Danish folk songs, in this performance all of them are wedding songs. Might strikes your fancy ;) , especially if you enjoy some irish fiddling...

3 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Now to make you jealous @Fay  My Husband saw Queen live at Wembley Stadium the year after Live Aid.  I didn't go!!! Sob sob!!!!

Now I hate your husband. My absolute favourite, their two Wembley gigs... they were fantastic then! 

The Impromptu. The rock’n’roll medley. Is This The World We Created. The Red Special solo. Ah... 

and the hits, of course! 

@Fay sweet, thanks for the post! As I waded through youtube listening to Queen's 70s material, it turns out that their 70s materials are so... explorative? They are so...interesting, they really show the multifacetedness of their music making :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:. My father seemed to mostly listen to their hits, so their hit material is the one I am most familiar with. Now I know what to listen in rock once my Hollybugbite is cured :68468287:

Though in another genre, Jonas Kaufmann just released yet another album (together with Diana Damrau), oh all the music one can listen to, still so much to savor!

2 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

@Fay sweet, thanks for the post! As I waded through youtube listening to Queen's 70s material, it turns out that their 70s materials are so... explorative? They are so...interesting, they really show the multifacetedness of their music making :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:. My father seemed to start listening to Queen from the 80s onwards, since their 80s material is the one I am most familiar with. Now I know what to listen in rock once my Holly-bugbite is cured :68468287:

Though in another genre, Jonas Kaufmann just released yet another album (together with Diana Damrau), oh all the music one can listen to, still so much to savor!

They were bolder and more innovative in the 1970s, you’re right. Then, they got into the rut with their hits only goal until Miracle or Innuendo. - so after the Game their albums are just hits + fillers. Some fillers just happen to be nice, but some were pretty horrid. 

It’s also down to the pull in different directions for the four of them, can’t have been easy to keep so much creative talent in one team. 

But at the very least they stayed together. Quite a rare phenomenon for rock bands of the time! 

• 1 month later...

For a few days, I've been listening to this song played by a j-rock band which broke up a long time ago and has announced their reunion recently.

Now I'm going to go to bed listening to Danish String Quartet posted above. Thanks, everyone for introducing interesting stuff :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

I rewatched The Imitation Game fews day ago and has been listening to the movie's soundtrack. I usually rewatch my favorite movies when I'm free from studying and then replay movie soundtrack nonstop right after I finish it.  :laughing: