What music are you listening to right now?

Deliverpooh

Well lately I just listened to the Classical World: Finland and Spotify Orchestra Cello playlists over at Spotify,  to only later return to...the Jacques Brel playlist...

:runaway:

A sampling of each playlist:

Classical World: Finland

Spotify Orchestra Cello

Jacques Brel

(PS: you might have heard this song when watching Carolina Kostner's SP last season (which was covered by Celine Dion) or Stephane Lambiel's tribute exhibition program to Denis Ten at the recent Carnival on Ice 2018)

12 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Well lately I just listened to the Classical World: Finland and Spotify Orchestra Cello playlists over at Spotify,  to only later return to...the Jacques Brel playlist...

:runaway:

A sampling of each playlist:

Classical World: Finland

Spotify Orchestra Cello

Jacques Brel

(PS: you might have heard this song when watching Carolina Kostner's SP last season (which was covered by Celine Dion) or Stephane Lambiel's tribute exhibition program to Denis Ten at the recent Carnival on Ice 2018)

Omg I love this song!! And I love the way he interprets the song!! It’s so beautiful it’s heart breaking! There’s an English version “ If you go away” by Terry Jack.

Love this song!

7 hours ago, ruruzest said:

And I love the way he interprets the song!! It’s so beautiful it’s heart breaking! 

Such is the power of Jacques Brel :smiley-cool14:. I was not too impressed when I first heard him, but once I saw a video with the lyrics' translation in the subtitle I got hooked right in. He has the power of musical interpretation in spades :smiley-cool14:

So you might have heard the song "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks (him, or Rod McKuen, since he also often translated Brel's songs into English) — this is the original version, titled Le Moribond (the dying). Also heart-wrenching to say the least...