General Anime/Manga discussion thread

Forcefield

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

OMG, what happened!? I put Skip Beat on hold YEARS ago because the no development annoyed me and I was planning to pick it up when there was something. If it's still same old, same old, it's not the characters anymore, but the mangaka is getting annoying tbh.

Yes, truly. I loved it back when Kyoko was acting or the siblings arc but I think it's been over a year that it's all "oh I'm oblivious to everything in this life" and nothing happens anymore and ugh I'm tired of this...yeah I think the mangaka is getting tired maybe? 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:39 AM, LeadenMyr said:

Yes, truly. I loved it back when Kyoko was acting or the siblings arc but I think it's been over a year that it's all "oh I'm oblivious to everything in this life" and nothing happens anymore and ugh I'm tired of this...yeah I think the mangaka is getting tired maybe? 

Yeah there were so many opportunities (Guam, the events surrounding saena) 

Actually I'm All for Moko-san getting fed up with All the fuss and demand All the truths from every Person involved. 

20 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

Yeah there were so many opportunities (Guam, the events surrounding saena) 

Actually I'm All for Moko-san getting fed up with All the fuss and demand All the truths from every Person involved. 

Truly. Moko-san, please beat them up, I'll cheer for you. 

25 minutes ago, salty said:

you guys, if watching sports animes all my life has taught me anything, is that even the most unimpressive looking sport can be incredibly cutthroat and difficult. Every professional athlete works blood, sweat, and tears to write their name in the book of history so let's celebrate them instead of bringing anyone down

((completely OT - but while im on the subject of sports animes if you guys haven't watched Ping Pong: the Animation can you really say you have lived?))

Since it's about anime/manga, let me respond here.
I love Ping Pong! (I love the manga more than the anime though.) It's nice to find another person who loves it here. I am a huge fan of Taiyo Matsumoto and Ping Pong is one of my favorites among his works. I don't do any sport myself and rarely read/watch sports manga/anime, and this is the first fiction that made me relate to athletes a bit and take a glimpse of the beauty and cruelty of sports. I sometimes think of a scene in it when I watch figure skating, like when I am witnessing someone's retirement. When I first saw Yuzu thanking his foot I thought of a scene where Peco talking to his injured knee. I also like live-action film of it. A live-action film based on a manga/anime often ends up as a disaster but the film version of Ping Pong makes me feel the speed, thrill the sport has.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any Sailor Moon fans around? I'm one of those who will sink into 1 obsession deeply (used to be Sailor Moon, now it's Yuzu hehehehe) - which is lucky because if I sink into -EVERYTHING- I won't have enough money for survival.

Lntg5R7.jpg?2 U6mrBjd.jpg?2

My favourite character is Saturn (obviously). Some are missing because I forgot to put them back :14066882:.

Those are my collections... and I think I have some spare somewhere if anyone is interested (I need to find them in my messy house).

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I'm here hopefully to revive the thread :xD:

Yuri On Ice Adolescent's movie came out yesterday!! after years lmaoooo 

Yall can check it out on yt if interested:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5: Looks lit

I just saw it. I'm excited even though I was hoping for a continuation of the original series, and instead we're getting Viktor's origin story. 

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I just saw it. I'm excited even though I was hoping for a continuation of the original series, and instead we're getting Viktor's origin story. 

All the wait:headdesk:

but great it got another comeback after years. Yoi fans are thirsty