General Anime/Manga discussion thread

Forcefield

3 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

A :

1. I don't remember, but I like to watch anime since my childhood. I don't know what's my first, but i remember some popular anime on my tv at that time such as Dragon ball,  Doraemon, Pokemon, digimon etc. (Old anime yeah😂

2. I'm still reading manga or manhwa, I just stopped watching anime for a while coz sometimes get lil bored but I'll go back sometimes to check if there are some interesting anime.

3. I love any genres. But since I became an adult I'm more into a serious genres like mystery, psychological, supernatural..  I do like fantasy. 

4. I can't pick my favorite. I have so many of them. 😂 well, for now when I'm thinking about it, the first character that showed in my mind first was Hikaru Shindo (from Hikaru no Go). 

5. It's quite hard. But I'll try. 

- Hikaru no Go (if you like to watch or read manga about serious sport like playing Go mixed with genre fantasy, not so much comedy but really touching story here between the main characters) 

- Power (sport again but this is about basket ball, more about romance tho, if you like comedy about Gender Bender and romance shoujo, you have to try this one. I have a lot of laugh reading it. 😂 I don't think they make it into anime, so reading only)

- Akatsuki no Yona (there's anime version and manga. But I think it's not finished yet? The manga is still on going so... Very recommend for you all who like fantasy romance, with a girl as the main character. She's Strong, beautiful not clingy and very determined. I like her character. And she has so many handsome guy around her, so yes HAREM!! ahahhahahahhaha) 

- Portrait of M & N / M to N no Shouzou (if you need to laugh and something funny, read this manga. 😂  It's  about the weird girl and guy. The girl is a Masochists and the guy is a Narcissist)

- Hot Blooded Woman (this is a Korean manga / manhwa. The story about a (strong) girl who swapped body with another (weak) girl because some incident. genre comedy fantasy. Lil bit bored in the middle but not bad. The story has been completed) 

- Death Note (I know you all must have known this manga/anime!!! If not... TRY IT NOW!! very recommended!) 

- Noblesse (Korean webtoon. The story is good. But it's really long and not yet finished. If you easily get bored and not into the fight scenes just skipped it. But not bad to try it. Maybe you'll like it. The art is gorgeous) 

- Erased (read manga/anime. If you like mystery and about time travel. Go watch it 👍

- Your Lie in April (if you need a touchy anime. Go watch it!! It's about a guy who plays a piano and a girl who plays violin)

- Spirited Away (sigh... I just love studio Ghibli) 

Just 10?? Uhmmmm well actually I have many moreeee but I don't need to mention popular anime like one piece, naruto, tokyo ghoul, SnK, food wars, kuroko, haikyuu etc. You must know it well and have watched it, right? 😁

Oh right now I'm following webtoon A Good Day to be a Dog , nice story. 😁 and funny. I do like horror anime but can't remember for now the titles.. 

You just reminded me I wanted to read Hikaru no Go and never did. I'll look for it right away. 

My mom in law who I somehow turned into an anime otaku recommended Akatsuki no Yona xD I'll also watch it soon.

And Portrait of M&N! I think I read it but now I can't remember aything and I think I really liked it! I'll look for it asajhdk<jhekjbfdal

Death Note is awesome (until a certain point in my opinion but still effing good)

Erased was recommended to me by my mom, actually, though in the live action series that's on Netflix (and stars Furukawa Yuki who just melts my bones into jelly). I really liked it, I wanna read the manga.

And yeah omg Ghibli stuff <3 there are few things that can come close to the artistry of many Ghibli things. My personal favorite is Nausicaa, closely followed by Mononoke Hime. And obviously the soundtracks! Joe Hisaishi is ñkfjbaskñbjfhjf asjhdabfbnkjnfd:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: waaaay up there in my composer pantheon (I became even more of a Yuzu fan after seeing Hope and Legacy...)

6 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

You just reminded me I wanted to read Hikaru no Go and never did. I'll look for it right away. 

My mom in law who I somehow turned into an anime otaku recommended Akatsuki no Yona xD I'll also watch it soon.

And Portrait of M&N! I think I read it but now I can't remember aything and I think I really liked it! I'll look for it asajhdk<jhekjbfdal

Death Note is awesome (until a certain point in my opinion but still effing good)

Erased was recommended to me by my mom, actually, though in the live action series that's on Netflix (and stars Furukawa Yuki who just melts my bones into jelly). I really liked it, I wanna read the manga.

And yeah omg Ghibli stuff <3 there are few things that can come close to the artistry of many Ghibli things. My personal favorite is Nausicaa, closely followed by Mononoke Hime. And obviously the soundtracks! Joe Hisaishi is ñkfjbaskñbjfhjf asjhdabfbnkjnfd:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: waaaay up there in my composer pantheon (I became even more of a Yuzu fan after seeing Hope and Legacy...)

Godnees Hikaru no Go is the first manga that made me cry!! (Not gonna spoiler why) And the mangaka is the same person who makes Death Note, so... yessss give it a try! 

Akatsuki no Yona is so good :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: so many handsome guy. 😂 but I love the main girl. She's cool. 👍

M&N is quite funny. 👍I remember have a good laugh reading it 😂 

Never watched the live version of erased. But I remember it was recommended on my YouTube and I give a try without knowing the story. And my mind was blown at the first episode. Lol I love time travel story. 

Ah yes for studio ghibli stuff:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:uhhhh H&L.. I love it the first time I watched him do that program. And it became a masterpiece at the end! Oh yuzu :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

I've been watching anime my whole life. Though I have been busy in the last year and didn't have much time, but I do intend to get back to it when I settle my life back in order because I really love anime.

-What got you into anime? What was your first?

Back when I was a child, our local TV channels used to show dubbed anime that I loved but did not really know that it was Japanese animation because they were speaking my language. It is only later when I found the internet and the anime communities that knew the truth :laughing:

My earliest memory of watching anime was with UFO Robot Grendizer, which was a big favourite for all kids at the time. I also remember when The Rose of Versailles (or Lady Oscar as they called then) aired and it was a sensation. Everyone kid and adult watched and loved it. These were really good days.(I am not that old, they just got those animes years after they were originally aired :P)

-If you stopped watching/reading, what got you back into it?

Never really stopped completely. I may take periods to do other things but I always get back to it.

-Do you have a favourite genre?

Generally Fantasy and Sci-fi. I am big fan of the mecha genre

-My favourite list changes all the time, but I do have few shows that I am very attached to

The Rose of Versailles

HunterXHunter (both old and new)

Rurouni Kenshin

Death Note

Code Geass

Most of Gundam shows

Fafner in the Azure (movie, prequel and sequel included)

Full Metal Alchemist (both old and new) 

Prince of Tennis

Bakuman

*I still have many favourites but I will stop here   :biggrin:

8 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

As a final comment today, it has (since I became a Yuzu fan) always been a dream of mine to see Yuzu do a program with Yoko Kanno music, who did the music for both Escaflowne AND Cowboy Bebop (and many more!) this lady is one of the most awesome composers I know of <3

Edit: I just found out she did the arrangement for Hana wa Saku and I feel silly!

Edit 2: What! She was born in Sendai and studied at Waseda! I pray to the gods they collaborate more in the future!

Oh my god It's also been my dream to see Yuzu do a program to literally ANY Cowboy Bebop Piece (Rain, Blue, something jazzy like Too Good Too Bad). If there's anyone who can sell Cowboy Bebop and its chaotic energy it's Yuzu.

Shingeki no Kyojin was definitely my gateway anime.  I’ve of course watched Studio Ghibli my whole life and grew up with Totoro, but after SnK’s cliffhanger, I needed something to fill that void (hello, Tokyo Ghoul)!  I’m also reading the SnK manga month to month now, which is a whole other struggle.  

Spoiler

Historia... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:  

I usually like watching a lot of fantasy and historically-set shows, although I also love a good comedy.  Anything with a compelling storyline and compelling, motivation-driven characters is what hooks me.  Here’s my top-10 list in no particular order (it was really hard to narrow down!):

1.    Shingeki no Kyojin
2.    Akatsuki no Yona 
3.    Barakamon
4.    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
5.    Mushishi
6.    Samurai Champloo
7.    Gintama (Currently on Ep 125, many more to go :laughing:)
8.    Ouran High School Host Club
9.    Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
10.    Boku dake ga Inai Machi

A show I’m really excited for is Vinland Saga!  I read a bit of the manga a while back, and I’m surprised it’s never been adapted into an anime.  WIT Studio is releasing an adaptation next year, and I just know it’s going to be brilliant (furiously knocks on wood).

14 hours ago, Neenah said:

-My favourite list changes all the time, but I do have few shows that I am very attached to

The Rose of Versailles

HunterXHunter (both old and new)

Rurouni Kenshin

Death Note

Code Geass

Most of Gundam shows

Fafner in the Azure (movie, prequel and sequel included)

Full Metal Alchemist (both old and new) 

Prince of Tennis

Bakuman

*I still have many favourites but I will stop here   :biggrin:

Nice list!!! I love Rurouni Kenshin, and the OVAS are such a work of art!!!

Gundam Wing has a spot in my heart <3

And Bakuman is one of the shows and mangas that has shaken my world view! I totally love it! It was truly innovative (at least to me), and it's one of the most texbook-ly awesome shonens in my opinion! Really really really enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, mewana said:

Oh my god It's also been my dream to see Yuzu do a program to literally ANY Cowboy Bebop Piece (Rain, Blue, something jazzy like Too Good Too Bad). If there's anyone who can sell Cowboy Bebop and its chaotic energy it's Yuzu.

Honestly I would cry nonstop! It would be mindblowing to have a jazzy program like you say, or even a dorky one with one of the funny songs...but to be honest this will always be my dream where Coboy Bebop OST and Yuzu is concerned...

40 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

Shingeki no Kyojin was definitely my gateway anime.  I’ve of course watched Studio Ghibli my whole life and grew up with Totoro, but after SnK’s cliffhanger, I needed something to fill that void (hello, Tokyo Ghoul)!  I’m also reading the SnK manga month to month now, which is a whole other struggle.  

Hide contents

Historia... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:  

I usually like watching a lot of fantasy and historically-set shows, although I also love a good comedy.  Anything with a compelling storyline and compelling, motivation-driven characters is what hooks me.  Here’s my top-10 list in no particular order (it was really hard to narrow down!):

1.    Shingeki no Kyojin
2.    Akatsuki no Yona 
3.    Barakamon
4.    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
5.    Mushishi
6.    Samurai Champloo
7.    Gintama (Currently on Ep 125, many more to go :laughing:)
8.    Ouran High School Host Club
9.    Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
10.    Boku dake ga Inai Machi

A show I’m really excited for is Vinland Saga!  I read a bit of the manga a while back, and I’m surprised it’s never been adapted into an anime.  WIT Studio is releasing an adaptation next year, and I just know it’s going to be brilliant (furiously knocks on wood).

I will look for what I don't know from your list, since it seems we might share a few interests :3, also Ouran High was too awesome for words, the anime was fun but the manga oh gods I love it. 

I tried reading SnK but I got too stressed out, lol, and stopped enjoying it. Now I just hope the anime isn't too different or ends up being sucky! What do you think on this matter? What do you prefer?

I tried reading Tokyo Ghoul because of Yuzu, but it also stressed me out too much and ended up pausing it. It's still open in one of my many many tabs :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I'll resume it sometime!

14 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

I will look for what I don't know from your list, since it seems we might share a few interests :3, also Ouran High was too awesome for words, the anime was fun but the manga oh gods I love it. 

I tried reading SnK but I got too stressed out, lol, and stopped enjoying it. Now I just hope the anime isn't too different or ends up being sucky! What do you think on this matter? What do you prefer?

I tried reading Tokyo Ghoul because of Yuzu, but it also stressed me out too much and ended up pausing it. It's still open in one of my many many tabs :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I'll resume it sometime!

Ouran is just so over the top and I love it so much.  It’s the type of show where you can’t help but smile when you watch it.  Definitely have to read the manga sometime.  I heard that the storyline continues up into their adult lives?  That would be interesting!!

Haha I don’t blame you for getting stressed out with the SnK manga—Isayama is a wonderful, cruel genius.  How far did you get into it?  I actually love how painstakingly slowly the mysteries are being revealed.  It’s the battle sequences that are the worst waits month-to-month.  So far, I’ve been really happy with the anime adaptation and it’s been pretty much faithful (the Uprising Arc being the exception, but Isayama had a hand in the changes).  This next arc in the anime is going to be CRAZY; I hope you’re ready! 

Tokyo Ghoul is intense!!!  I watched the whole first season, but that fingernail scene, oof.

7 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

Ouran is just so over the top and I love it so much.  It’s the type of show where you can’t help but smile when you watch it.  Definitely have to read the manga sometime.  I heard that the storyline continues up into their adult lives?  That would be interesting!!

Haha I don’t blame you for getting stressed out with the SnK manga—Isayama is a wonderful, cruel genius.  How far did you get into it?  I actually love how painstakingly slowly the mysteries are being revealed.  It’s the battle sequences that are the worst waits month-to-month.  So far, I’ve been really happy with the anime adaptation and it’s been pretty much faithful (the Uprising Arc being the exception, but Isayama had a hand in the changes).  This next arc in the anime is going to be CRAZY; I hope you’re ready! 

Tokyo Ghoul is intense!!!  I watched the whole first season, but that fingernail scene, oof.1 

Ouran manga does go on, I can't remember exactly if they go all the way into adults (probably just as some sort of epilogue), but I remember it getting muuuuuch better than the anime and I loved the anime so it was really good!

I tried reading the SnK manga when there was no announcement for a second season for the anime, so it was a while ago, and I stopped reading at when they found *spoiler* titans in the walls

I only read Tokyo Ghoul, and a bit of it, is the anime good? Maybe I'll give it a go!

Another manga I really really love and read at least once a year is NANA. I'm still devastated that it went on indefinite hiatus...what was it, 8 years ago? I still hope it can resume somehow...

And another one is Ichigo 100%, it has a wild story development, I really really love it and re read it very often as well!

On 10/25/2018 at 5:48 PM, mewana said:

My (current) fave list includes webtoons and manga since that is what I'm mostly interested in, but these are not in order since I'm fickle:

4) Hotarubi No Mori E (Anime)

:knc_yuzu1:   How is it that I didn't know they did an anime series for Hotarubi no Mori e?!  I know I fell off the anime wagon for a few years, but OMG.  News like that should somehow have magically reached me anyway!

I've been reading manga and watching anime for many, many years, back when it was still hard to get and you felt lucky to buy an official DVD with only three episodes for $30... Well, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I sure sunk a heckuva lot of money into my anime collection back in the day...  My manga collection is fairly extensive too, although some of my favorite series will probably never see an official English-language release. :64341262:

I think the first anime I saw was Unico, specifically Unico in the Island of Magic.  I saw it when I was so young that for years I believed I dreamed it all up, and all the images of puppet people being lured in to be used as building blocks for a castle haunted me....  :68468287:  I stopped watching/reading for awhile due to busy life stuff and money constraints.  I slowly started picking it back up when I discovered Crunchyroll, and also when I learned that Netflix is getting in on the game (and especially that Netflix has subs).  I think Noragami was the series that got me back into it, although I'm still contending with busy/budget stuff so I'm not fully back "into" it still.

And here are my lists of favorites.  In the interest of saving space, I'll put them behind "spoiler" tags, but there aren't any spoilers in there.

Manga list, definitely more than ten and in no particular order:

Spoiler

From Far Away (Kanata Kara)

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Hotarubi no Mori e

Mushishi

Noragami

Dengeki Daisy

Death Note (but only up to a certain point too)

Watashi-tachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Kieli

Hands Off

Hanatsuki Hime

Gintama

Eyeshield 21

My Girl

Petshop of Horrors

And my anime list, also more than ten and in no particular order:

Spoiler

The Twelve Kingdoms

Ouran High School Host Club

Cowboy Bebop

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

Ayakashi - Goblin Cat episodes (and Mononoke)

Kino no Tabi

Millenium Actress

Whisper of the Heart

Grave of the Fireflies

Dragon Half :68468287:

Mushishi

Azumanga Daioh

Level E

Noragami

Darker than Black

Gintama

I guess, looking at my lists, that I don't have a particular genre that I like.  I like good humor, I like action, I like quirky/eccentric series, I like series that have fresh ideas or new ways of looking at old ideas, I like series that have a soul (i.e. take the time to develop its characters and make you actually feel something for them and the situations they are in), and I love angst (I guess that would be my weakness :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: ).  I hate series with gratuitous "panty shots" or nudity, too many cliches or manga tropes, flat cardboard characterization, and irritating love triangles or romantic "misunderstandings", and I really hate almost every single harem series I have ever seen.

I feel like I've forgotten a few from my lists.  Oh well, it's late and I'm super tired, and anyway, that was already a long post.  Sorry!

On 10/27/2018 at 5:20 PM, LeadenMyr said:

Ouran manga does go on, I can't remember exactly if they go all the way into adults (probably just as some sort of epilogue), but I remember it getting muuuuuch better than the anime and I loved the anime so it was really good!

I tried reading the SnK manga when there was no announcement for a second season for the anime, so it was a while ago, and I stopped reading at when they found *spoiler* titans in the walls

I only read Tokyo Ghoul, and a bit of it, is the anime good? Maybe I'll give it a go!

Another manga I really really love and read at least once a year is NANA. I'm still devastated that it went on indefinite hiatus...what was it, 8 years ago? I still hope it can resume somehow...

And another one is Ichigo 100%, it has a wild story development, I really really love it and re read it very often as well!

Ooh I will definitely check out the Ouran manga then!  😊  And I really recommend getting back into SnK!  Up to half the third season has already been adapted, so you have ~24 episodes you can binge-watch (woohoo!).  Plus it’s been so popular, it seems to be a given that it will have a full anime adaptation.  I’d say give Tokyo Ghoul a go too!  😊

NANA!!  I’ve only seen a couple of episodes when at a friend’s house, but I really really liked it.  Another series to add to my to-read/to-watch list.  Ugh, that’s so sad though that it’s on hiatus.  Hopefully it will be back soon!

Never heard of Ichigo 100%, but I will check it out!

2 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

Ooh I will definitely check out the Ouran manga then!  😊  And I really recommend getting back into SnK!  Up to half the third season has already been adapted, so you have ~24 episodes you can binge-watch (woohoo!).  Plus it’s been so popular, it seems to be a given that it will have a full anime adaptation.  I’d say give Tokyo Ghoul a go too!  😊

NANA!!  I’ve only seen a couple of episodes when at a friend’s house, but I really really liked it.  Another series to add to my to-read/to-watch list.  Ugh, that’s so sad though that it’s on hiatus.  Hopefully it will be back soon!

Never heard of Ichigo 100%, but I will check it out!

Yeah, I have been watching the SnK anime devoutly 😂😂 it's been a wild ride! I stopped reading the manga at that point, but kept watching the anime as it came out. 

Yes to the Ouran, yes to the NANA! Maybe to the Ichigo, I find it lovely and awesome but it's a harem full of fanservice so if you're not into that... 

And also by NANA's author, Paradise Kiss! It's so bittersweet adoekfkksodoka. 

Has anyone here seen Makoto Shinkai's 5 cm per second?! I got obsessed last year and I never found anyone who wanted to discuss it 😂😂

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 11:48 PM, Yuazz said:

Godnees Hikaru no Go is the first manga that made me cry!! (Not gonna spoiler why) And the mangaka is the same person who makes Death Note, so... yessss give it a try! 

Akatsuki no Yona is so good :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: so many handsome guy. 😂 but I love the main girl. She's cool. 👍

M&N is quite funny. 👍I remember have a good laugh reading it 😂 

Never watched the live version of erased. But I remember it was recommended on my YouTube and I give a try without knowing the story. And my mind was blown at the first episode. Lol I love time travel story. 

Ah yes for studio ghibli stuff:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:uhhhh H&L.. I love it the first time I watched him do that program. And it became a masterpiece at the end! Oh yuzu :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

Just popping in to thank you for recommending Hikaru no Go...I'm almost done with the manga, it's too damn good, I'm so happy I'm finally reading it :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Edit: *voiceover* Little did she know she was a few chapters away from the end...

Whatever happened?! I'm so sad now, all I could find was that there was some lawsuit because a character was based on a real player? I can't handle this :(

On 10/24/2018 at 7:08 PM, Forcefield said:

-What got you into anime? What was your first?

Ooh man I've been into anime since I was four or five? Anything from Mobile Suit Gundam to Heidi, Girl of the Alps to Sailor Moon, I gobbled them all up! I don't quite remember which anime was first since I really was watching a lot as a kid.

As for manga, also unsure which was my first BUT I think the first tankobon I ever bought was either Cardcaptor Sakura OR X/1999. I was a huge CLAMP fan.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:08 PM, Forcefield said:

-Do you have a favorite genre?

I used to read a lot of shoujo but from my manga collection and my list of current favorites, I think I read/watch a lot of sports anime, so I'd pick that as a sub-genre. I usually base things off of the plot, though.

Favorite manga/anime, in no particular order:

• Slam Dunk (I say there's no particular order but Slam Dunk is number one :68468287:)
  • Chihayafuru
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Haikyuu!
  • Mars (just manga for this one, since an anime does not exist)
  • Kare Kano
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • X/1999 (I'm still sad it's unfinished)
  • Detective Conan
  • My Hero Academia
  • Real (manga)
  • Vagabond (okay I just really love Takehiko Inoue's works in general :68468287:)

Also I have a soft spot for my favorite anime/manga series growing up--Rurouni Kenshin (the OVAs were stunning), Yu Yu Hakusho, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, Dragon Ball, Fruits Basket (it's getting another anime!!!!), Cardcaptor Sakura...so many more! I could go on and on.

Also is anyone as frustrated with Skip Beat as me? lmao I want there to be development and I've been reading it since the manga started! It's been years!!!

@LeadenMyr I'm a HUGE fan of Makoto Shinkai's works--to this day I still cry whenever I rewatch 5 centimeters per second! I dunno if you've watched his other works, but Garden of Words and the very popular Your Name are really good too!

5 hours ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Ooh man I've been into anime since I was four or five? Anything from Mobile Suit Gundam to Heidi, Girl of the Alps to Sailor Moon, I gobbled them all up! I don't quite remember which anime was first since I really was watching a lot as a kid.

As for manga, also unsure which was my first BUT I think the first tankobon I ever bought was either Cardcaptor Sakura OR X/1999. I was a huge CLAMP fan.

I used to read a lot of shoujo but from my manga collection and my list of current favorites, I think I read/watch a lot of sports anime, so I'd pick that as a sub-genre. I usually base things off of the plot, though.

Favorite manga/anime, in no particular order:

• Slam Dunk (I say there's no particular order but Slam Dunk is number one :68468287:)
  • Chihayafuru
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Haikyuu!
  • Mars (just manga for this one, since an anime does not exist)
  • Kare Kano
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • X/1999 (I'm still sad it's unfinished)
  • Detective Conan
  • My Hero Academia
  • Real (manga)
  • Vagabond (okay I just really love Takehiko Inoue's works in general :68468287:)

Also I have a soft spot for my favorite anime/manga series growing up--Rurouni Kenshin (the OVAs were stunning), Yu Yu Hakusho, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, Dragon Ball, Fruits Basket (it's getting another anime!!!!), Cardcaptor Sakura...so many more! I could go on and on.

Also is anyone as frustrated with Skip Beat as me? lmao I want there to be development and I've been reading it since the manga started! It's been years!!!

@LeadenMyr I'm a HUGE fan of Makoto Shinkai's works--to this day I still cry whenever I rewatch 5 centimeters per second! I dunno if you've watched his other works, but Garden of Words and the very popular Your Name are really good too!

Very good taste all in all :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:<3, from your favorites I love Kare Kano to death, Evangelion to death, X a lot and My Hero Academia xD. The rest I haven't seen enough of to say...

I didn't know Fruits Basket was getting another anime! Must gather information :7562096:

YES I'M FRUSTRATED WITH SKIP BEAT COME ON IT'S BEEN YEARS and particularly these last chapters have been like...really? We were so close!

And yes thank you so much :cri: finally someone I can cry together with about 5 cms per second, dammit, I have been obsessing over it for almost two years now...I haven't watched the Garden, I will ASAP, and yes of course Your Name is beautiful as hell and I loved it! Funny story under spoilers because...well, spoilers:

Spoiler

When I took my boyfriend to see Your Name at the theater, I made him watch 5 cms the day before so he knew more or less of Makoto Shinkai's style, and when they pass each other by the stairs at the end and they don't say anything he literally yelled "OH COME ON NOT AGAIN" :rofl:it was really embarrassing and the whole room laughed, good thing it didn't end up as heartbreaking as 5 cms, he would have hated me forever