Guess Everyone's layouts

Will Yuzu change his layout?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. With the return of Kuyashii Yuzu, what do you think his mindset will be for competition?

• Truly winning means fully expressing my artistic vision even if it means risking losing by not maximizing my point potential and taking unnecessary risks
    • I must do everything I can to scrape every last tenth of a point! Jeff, we need to re-choreograph the short! Put that combo in the back half! RAAAAHR!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2018 at 12:58 AM

Now that the kuyashii has had time to burn and settle, what do you think Yuzu's program layouts will be for upcoming events?

Who thinks he's going to re-arrange his SP to get that combo in the bonus section?  Will he bring back the lutz?  It can be argued that he's actually losing points by doing the 3a sequence since his 3a has a higher BV and so would get higher GOE points than a 3 loop or flip.

ETA:  I think at this point the real Yuzu has shown himself so I changed the thread title rather that starting over since we've already been discussing Yuzu's layout

I don’t think the lutz will be back and i don’t think he will move some jumps to second half. I think he is going after +5 goe which is higher than %10 bonus?? With his high stamiba level he can execute excellent jumps and then concentrate on choreo an amaze everyone with the flow. 

I actually think he'll still be in the first mindset, at least for the first half of the season, though let's be real, latter-half bonus is quite useful for raking up points so I don't think he can ignore that in his consideration, which is why I pick the second choice.

As for the jumps I think he will still do the same jump as in ACI. 

28 minutes ago, Bilge said:

I don’t think the lutz will be back and i don’t think he will move some jumps to second half. I think he is going after +5 goe which is higher than %10 bonus?? With his high stamiba level he can execute excellent jumps and then concentrate on choreo an amaze everyone with the flow. 

I should have specified I meant 3 lutz not 4 lutz.  Now that we know he's working on the 4a in earnest, I don't think 4lz will be back either.  With the 4t 3a Seq, I think he loses more in GOE than he gains in BV if he continues with flip and loop as his triple jumps.

For the short, I don't think the loss of stamina after 1:20 sec. will stop him from maximizing his GOE on his jumps.  He managed to get full GOE in the second half last season.   It seems like the front loading is an artistic choice - and to me, it does suit the music really well.  Not sure how well swapping the spin and jump will work without re-cutting the music.

22 minutes ago, Xen said:

Is this just for the SP? Because I think the LP layout is kind of set.

What makes you say that?  I thought the AC layout was strange.  Of course, I'm on the boat of him attempting 4 axel this season so he'll have to change the layout if that's true. 

14 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I should have specified I meant 3 lutz not 4 lutz.  Now that we know he's working on the 4a in earnest, I don't think 4lz will be back either.  With the 4t 3a Seq, I think he loses more in GOE than he gains in BV if he continues with flip and loop as his triple jumps.

For the short, I don't think the loss of stamina after 1:20 sec. will stop him from maximizing his GOE on his jumps.  He managed to get full GOE in the second half last season.   It seems like the front loading is an artistic choice - and to me, it does suit the music really well.  Not sure how well swapping the spin and jump will work without re-cutting the music.

What makes you say that?  I thought the AC layout was strange.  Of course, I'm on the boat of him attempting 4 axel this season so he'll have to change the layout if that's true. 

Yeah i mean with 3 lutz too, maybe he is giving it a rest but idk his condition so it might happen. As for 4t 3a right he can gain more with other jumps but its yuzu you know he wants (to conquer) that combo XD About stamina issue on sp you're right he did managed to gain high goe last season but idk i somewhat feel he wants to separate the jumps and the choreo this time to focus each separately and also to gave a different feeling from the rest. I also believe he will try 4A at some point (I voted for rostelecom) so we will see a change there

17 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Hmm.

4Loop 4T 3Loop 4S3T//4T1Lo3S 3A2T 3A

4A 4T 3Loop 4S3T// 4T1Lo3S 3A2T 3A  (natural one, you still open with an edge jump, but I'm thinking he should give himself room to breathe after 4A)

or 4A 4T 3Loop 4S3T//3A1Lo3S 3F2T 3A (though I'm not a huge fan of this since the tech panel is going odd over flip edges)

My issue with the 4A I think, is how to follow it up with stamina. The amount of energy he needs for it, I'm a bit worried a follow-up quad would be popped. So would it make more sense for him to go 4A 3Loop 4T 4S3T in the layout instead? But that would mess up his jump paths more.

Just now, Xen said:

My issue with the 4A I think, is how to follow it up with stamina. The amount of energy he needs for it, I'm a bit worried a follow-up quad would be popped. So would it make more sense for him to go 4A 3Loop 4T 4S3T in the layout instead? But that would mess up his jump paths more.

That's what i wonder too

Um.........IMO

For SP,  he only have to work more on the spin, others are still fine to me.

(If his spin is fine in ACI, his score will be above 100 actually)

so i don't think he will change the jumps to the 2nd part yet.

The main problems that make him more kuyushii and on fire is the LP, way more bigger mistake than the SP. 

In ACI, Both 4S+3T and 4T+3A are failed and pop, only 1 combo are landed (3A+2T)

These make him lose a lot of points and also make him feel the performance isnt complete<---i can see the boy super kuyushii for this :animated-smileys-character-053:

His target should be skate CLEAN in the first layout first. (not sure 4A status yet)

Yuzu won't accept landed +GOE 4A and all other jumps fail...............

Also regarding to his stamina problems, really should settle and clean the 1st layout first

My prediction -> SP remain unchange, LP first layout clean in Helsinki and try add 4A in Rostelecom Cup

If he skate clean, we really don't hv to worry for the score, right?.....:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Actually i am still observing the new scoring system and the Flip issue in Skateamerica.....

Yuzu knows how to optimise his layouts while keeping the artistry intact. So even if he did change things around to get more points, he will make sure that it works perfectly with the music and that his and the choreographers vision for the program is realised. I don't think that he would do anything just to win because he has made it clear over and over again that he wants to win with great performances and programs. It is not only about points for him.

For the SP, I do see the possibility for a change to move the combo to the second half but I think that he is more likely keeping it the way it is now. Yuzu likes to complete what he starts so he may not want to change anything unless he does it perfectly first.

The FP is a different story because he announced different layouts and made many mistakes at ACI so we wouldn't even know if he changed it  :P. All we really know is that he really wants the 4T3A seq (I want to see it to :loveeyes:). I think he will try it at his first GP and maybe take it out later if the layout did not work.

Overall, I don't think any of his layouts are bad. Yes he can have higher BV if he moved things around but with the new system it is more important to be clean than to have backloaded combos or difficult elements  :shrug:

Can I choose option: SP stays the same, but there will be changes in FP not only in first jump?

13 hours ago, Xen said:

Hmm.

4Loop 4T 3Loop 4S3T//4T1Lo3S 3A2T 3A

4A 4T 3Loop 4S3T// 4T1Lo3S 3A2T 3A  (natural one, you still open with an edge jump, but I'm thinking he should give himself room to breathe after 4A)

or 4A 4T 3Loop 4S3T//3A1Lo3S 3F2T 3A (though I'm not a huge fan of this since the tech panel is going odd over flip edges)

Rather not possible, because third jump has reeeally short preparation and is right after THAT step sequence.