Guess Everyone's layouts

Will Yuzu change his layout?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. With the return of Kuyashii Yuzu, what do you think his mindset will be for competition?

• Truly winning means fully expressing my artistic vision even if it means risking losing by not maximizing my point potential and taking unnecessary risks
    • I must do everything I can to scrape every last tenth of a point! Jeff, we need to re-choreograph the short! Put that combo in the back half! RAAAAHR!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2018 at 12:58 AM

4 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

i guess then if he is keeping his 4S, the 4A wont happen in the sp then.

Yes. At least for me it looks like that. 4a in FP as first jump - RIGHT on that gong. When you think QUAD AXEL (!!) is already enough dramatic, he must do it even more spectacular. We only don't know "when".

Like, sometimes I think "It's Yuzu. He already had base for that jump last off-season. He will have it in HELLsinki. At most in GPF."

And then "But he was terribly injured. How can I expect from him so quickly doing something so difficult".

"But it looks like Origin is really special to him. 4t-3a is not enough to make it legendary, perfect performance. He wants that 4a at the beginning."

"Look at all this guys dying after theirs FP. It will take some time until they will used to new rythm of their programs. And Yuzuru with his asthma is in worse situation! I can't believe Brian said shorter FP will be in favor for Yuzu."

"Did you see him in Joseph's post? He is healthy, smiley and calm. He will deliver gloriously in Grand Prix."

"But he jumped so many loops in ACI practice. So many popped. He needs to practice his spins. Refine choreo so people stop calling his beautiful SE boring. Maybe change some major parts, because euler-combo in FP (please, Yuzu, your BV!)."

"He is Yuzuru Hanyu. He is stubborn mule and do what he wants. And he wants 4a. He had whole month for it."

"But it is QUAD AXEL!!"

"NEVER UNDERSTIMATE MISTER HANYU!!"

For sure, Zu and 4a are perfect duo. Never should be understimated.

I feel like if he has already been landing 4As in practice, he will do it in Helsinki in the long program if he can get a big lead in the SP.  With a points cushion he will feel safer to risk popping a quad in the FS.  Or, maybe if he skates after Boyang and Kolyada in the FS and knows how many points he can “afford to lose”, he may bring 4A out.

The field in Moscow is weaker than Helsinki (I think?), and so it may also be a good place to try 4A.

I think (hope) he won’t wait till GPF to do it since he can take more risks in Helsinki and Moscow as long as he can get enough points to qualify for GPF.

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

He is Yuzuru Hanyu. He is stubborn mule and do what he wants. And he wants 4a

This. We can speculate all we want but at the end of the day he's going to do whatever his kuyashii heart desires.

However, I agree that the opening gong in Origin is actually the most likely place for Nessie to make her appearance. Putting it in place of the long SE in Otonal is merely a possible alternative.

And there's no reason he can't combo the 4S in the SP to make room for a solo 4A.

It must be exhausting for a skater to sort out program layout. First you have to come up with the idea, then try it and see if it works, try it with the music, fit all the pieces together, lather, rinse, repeat...no wonder skaters take weeks or months to get programs together.

i still think it's gonna be in the SP

i just keep going back to his SP layout, front loading all the jumps??? it just smells fishy to me

i mean believe me since im going to the men's FS portion of 4cc id kill him if he didn't put the 4A* in Origin but the jump layout is just soooooooo fishy

*that is if he's going to 4cc and if he'll be able to put it in sometime this season without dealing with injury (im watching you skating gods)

On 10/23/2018 at 3:28 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Even so, he's giving up, what, about 5 or 6 seconds, maybe more, to an element that doesn't garner any score, in a 2min 30s program...that seems like a lot to me. It's not exactly efficient use of time. I wonder if it'll stay.

SE is a technical feat, not so easy but since it is often executed, it's kind of taken for granted. He does it after landing his first quad, and it counts as Transition. The impression that he's "giving up/wasting 5 seconds" is that: just an impression. 

In a time where Men's skating has just become crossover, jump, crossover, jump, he goes there and shows that skating is also quiet, calm stillness. 

It reminds me a lot of Chopin's beginning. He does maybe 2 or 3 strokings, covering a lot of ice and still with his body. Very different from Nathan's very busy Nemesis beginning. But it did work. Because every movement was efficient and elegantly executed. 

That SE has a meaning and I want it to stay. He just has to master its execution going into it and out of it. 

22 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

SE is a technical feat, 

But how much of a one? Does it really add to score? 

I have to agree that outside edge SE is more difficult, esp travelling in a straight line like that. OTOH, I'm a very basic recreational skater and I'm still able to do SEs, so to me it doesn't seem like something that would gain a top level skater much score.

Agree that a moment of stillness in a program isn't a bad thing...

I love that fans have different opinions and interpretations about Yuzu's programs and are not just robots that love everything or antis who hate everything about him. That SE is definitely something that gives me as much mixed feeling as the program as a whole; I love it but I think it could be better. I did take a look at the practice video of Otonal on media day and yeah it did look better with more upper body movements. I actually think the reason why it hasnt worked 100% for me is because there were a lot of sliding around in circle in front of the panel back and forth during the first like 30 seconds. It could be a strategy to contrast the footwork sequence. Let's wait to see how much improvement it gets at Helsinki. 

8小時前, SparkleSalad說:

在2018/10/22 at PM5點59分, sophiang說:

Um.........IMO

For SP,  he only have to work more on the spin, others are still fine to me.

(If his spin is fine in ACI, his score will be above 100 actually)

so i don't think he will change the jumps to the 2nd part yet.

The main problems that make him more kuyushii and on fire is the LP, way more bigger mistake than the SP. 

In ACI, Both 4S+3T and 4T+3A are failed and pop, only 1 combo are landed (3A+2T)

These make him lose a lot of points and also make him feel the performance isnt complete<---i can see the boy super kuyushii for this :animated-smileys-character-053:

His target should be skate CLEAN in the first layout first. (not sure 4A status yet)

Yuzu won't accept landed +GOE 4A and all other jumps fail...............

Also regarding to his stamina problems, really should settle and clean the 1st layout first

My prediction -> SP remain unchange, LP first layout clean in Helsinki and try add 4A in Rostelecom Cup

If he skate clean, we really don't hv to worry for the score, right?.....:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Actually i am still observing the new scoring system and the Flip issue in Skateamerica.....

在2018/10/22 at PM5點59分, sophiang說:

Um.........IMO

For SP,  he only have to work more on the spin, others are still fine to me.

(If his spin is fine in ACI, his score will be above 100 actually)

so i don't think he will change the jumps to the 2nd part yet.

The main problems that make him more kuyushii and on fire is the LP, way more bigger mistake than the SP. 

In ACI, Both 4S+3T and 4T+3A are failed and pop, only 1 combo are landed (3A+2T)

These make him lose a lot of points and also make him feel the performance isnt complete<---i can see the boy super kuyushii for this :animated-smileys-character-053:

His target should be skate CLEAN in the first layout first. (not sure 4A status yet)

Yuzu won't accept landed +GOE 4A and all other jumps fail...............

Also regarding to his stamina problems, really should settle and clean the 1st layout first

My prediction -> SP remain unchange, LP first layout clean in Helsinki and try add 4A in Rostelecom Cup

If he skate clean, we really don't hv to worry for the score, right?.....:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Actually i am still observing the new scoring system and the Flip issue in Skateamerica.....

so far Yuzu planned SP matched my prediction (still want to see how is it like if skate clean with all jumps in 1st half)

but the LP.....AH............i think no body can guess he will take the 3F+3T out of his pocket...

Yuzu.....the high risk Flip call this year, pls aware~~~~

According to Max A, Yuzu did move the SP combo to the second half - 1:22 in

I wonder if he'll drop the 4t/3a once it's landed.  He has to know that there's more potential points with 3a as solo jumps.

I'm also curious if he'll add the Biellmann in since Origin is a tribute to Plush.

Yuzu's layout BV: 46.37+91.43=137.8

Kolyada: 42.2+79.85=122.05

Shoma: 47.1+91.43=138.53

Boyang: 47.6+90.79 = 138.39

Nathan (SkAm): 43.11+86.31=129.42

I'm assuming Nathan is adding quads later so projected if he adds 4lz to SP and 4f in long

49.27+92.01=141.28

eta: did he slow the music down at the beginning of the program and cut it a little differently at the end?

2 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I wonder if he'll drop the 4t/3a once it's landed.  He has to know that there's more potential points with 3a as solo jumps.

I'm also curious if he'll add the Biellmann in since Origin is a tribute to Plush.

Jin: 47.6+94.99=142.59

I'm assuming Nathan is adding quads later so projected if he adds 4lz to SP and 4f in long

49.27+92.01=141.28

eta: did he slow the music down at the beginning of the program and cut it a little differently at the end?

He added another part from 1:29 - 1:37 ( in the original music he would have jumped at the 1:24) and from 2:40, he went straight into his spin. 

You can see that here he jumped the combo at 1:47, and at 2:56, the ending was slightly longer (hated the original music transition sorry I kept repeating this LOL) At Helsinki, he went straight to the 3:03 mark

---

p.s. anyone noticed he changed his final spin to the crossfoot variation he usually does? I actually prefer it 

6 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Jin: 47.6+94.99=142.59

49.27+92.01=141.28

Wow, Boyang's aiming sky-high with that BV.