Poll - Where do Planet Hanyu posters come from?

Moria Polonius

On 5/7/2017 at 03:30, Bonesfan said:

I'm from California. With Yuzuru's popularity, I wouldn't be surprised if he is the most popular men's skater even among Americans. Meaning, he has more fans than the US guys.

Someone needs to inform the commentators that Yuzuru has a huge fanbase worldwide. And that all the Asians at competitions holding a Japanese flag aren't from Japan!

Fan from CA too (I think we may be from the same area?)!

One day I'd love for the commentators to acknowledge that it's not just Japanese fans that love Yuzu and travel to see him, if it's one thing I've learned from going to competitions is that Yuzu's appeal is universal. Just in Helsinki I've met so many fans from many different parts of the world, for instance, I met a 70 year old Australian woman in Helsinki who thought he was a cutie pie. I do think he is the most popular figure skater anywhere across any discipline. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Im asian american so i voted for america. Im sick of basketball and football discussions at the workplace. At my former company, I had a colleague, who is a Korean american, and she likes watching figure skating. So I always brought up Yuzu in our discussion and gushed about him. Having an asian blood I only enjoy watching sports like figure skating and soccer lol the unpopular sports in america just bc american players arent on top these days

• 1 month later...