Our rematch with the tea leaves – GP Prediction Game 2.0!

Hey everyone, here are the results from the prediction game round for the last "regular" GP, IDF:

We start off with not-so-great results in Men (Boyang DD=), with nobody getting more then half of the available points. All of airi, crazykuroneko, Giudita, Joey, Kelly, Neenah, ralucutzagy, river, Sammie and Sukigirl got 4 points.

It looks similar in ladies (Evgenia DD=), but with less people getting the highest point total of 4 here: kaeryth, LadyLou, OldCatLady, Paskud, Ren and Tee.

Pairs discipline had one satellite with the completely right podium - Xen (so 8 points).

And Ice Dance proved to be the safest discipline again (mostly, at least), with quite a few members getting the podium correct: airi, Anna, cirelle, crazykuroneko, LadyLou, lily, MajaHled, Misaela, Murieleirum, Neenah, OldCatLady, Rainna and sallycinnamon.

Regarding the bonus questions, I guess I have to accept that I'm just pciking the wrong ones "xD, as the highest number achieved was 4, by symphony40 (out of max 7 available ones).

The right answers to the bonus questions were...

Will we see at least one case of 2 skaters being seperated by less then 0.1 points? Yes we did, for example in the Mens SP, where Boyang placed over Keiji by 0.06.

Which discipline will include the most falls? We all, 100% and without exception, said Mens. And we were all wrong - the ladies 'beat' the men 8 to 7. (Pairs had 5 falls, ID 1).

Regarding the single disciplines, which podium finishers will have more jumping passes suuccessfully completed? It was the Men, beating the ladies out 22 to 20. And symphony40 was the only member to predict that, with everyone else expecting the ladies to take it.

(I guess overall, the men kind of gave us the middle finger for our lacking trust this weekend =P)

And last, in which discipline will we see a new highest score for the GP? Ice Dance, and only that one.

Overall, the winners from this last weekend are:

1.) OldCatLady - 22 points

2.) crazykuroneko - 20

3.) airi, LadyLou - 19

4.) lily, Neenah, river -18

5.) cirelle, Fay, Joey, sallycinnamon 17

As always, congrats to all the most-points-getters on here! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

PS:

Spreadsheets are here: Points PH prediction game, IDF responses

PPS:
The next and last round of questions will come out next week, as I'd rather wait with putting it up for reasons you're probably all well aware of ^^"

On 10/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, salty said:

on second thought ill just go with my fantasy picks cuz why not - *Oprah Winfrey voice* keegan messing you're in the final, nam you're in the final, jun hwan you're in the final, EVERYONE'S in the finaaaaal!!

So, uh, did you actually do this? Because it ended up working better than you probably expected...

5 hours ago, river said:

So, uh, did you actually do this? Because it ended up working better than you probably expected...

oh my god . . . . . if i got those predictions right then . . . . oh god keegan is gonna be gpf champion . . . . . what have i done

9 minutes ago, salty said:

oh my god . . . . . if i got those predictions right then . . . . oh god keegan is gonna be gpf champion . . . . . what have i done

That would require some pretty bad outings from both the two favourites for gold:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

As for me, if the pattern holds I'm gonna epically jinx my predicted silver...that would be Nathan, as I'm gonna trust Shoma to finally tackle all combos and take gold...sorry Nathan :13877886: but I really can't see anyone else than those two ad gold and silver, so...:dancingpooh: