Our rematch with the tea leaves – GP Prediction Game 2.0!

I didn’t get the right ladies in the wrong order - nor did I get the men- should have had more faith in Rika and Uncle Voronov, though I still wouldn’t have put Rika in first or Sergei in second, so it doesn’t really matter.  Really must learn to make a note of what I’m putting in next time.

44 minutes ago, Joey said:

Geeeez, I completely forgot to put up spreadsheets with all your answers this week :14066882:I guess the moral of the story is do not trust me with anything in times of Mr. Hanyu withdrawel after prolonged times of exposure :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

And I guess that goes for many of us, because we kind of, ehm, majorily... we kind of collectively blew it this round :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:But let's go through it one step at a time... winners in the single disciplines:

Men - axelnojutsu won with 8 points! Nobody else got higher then 4 points after her.

Ladies - Kelly & Sammie both got the podium completely correct and 8 points each.

Pairs - lilsailor with 8 points.

Dance - still the best discipline even without P/C, with crazykuroneko, golden, ralucutzagy and sallycinnamon all getting the max 8 points.

Bonus - Giudita, Jinxxoo and Tee got the highest scores with 7 out of 10 possible points.

Answers to the bonus questions:

1.) regarding Rikas & Lizas 3As, the following statements are true: Rika landed more clean 3As (2 to 1), Rika got the highest GOE (3.09 to 2.06 from Liza), at least one of them had a higher LP BV then 1 guy on the podium (although barely, Rikas BV beats Matteos by 0.75 points!) and we'll see at least one +5 (we saw 2, from J7 for both of Rikas LP 3As)

2.) More edge calls on flips or lutzes? Lutzes, with 17 to 0!

3.) In which discipline will SP and LP top 3 be the same? In none.

4.) Will we get a fall-free podium outside of Ice Dance? Nope, we didn't.

(And to point out for the first time how amazing this round was - we got an average of 3.25 out of 10 points for the bonus questions "xD I'm very sorry for such mean questions :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:)

Overall, the winners of the NHK round are:

1.) Sammie -24

2.) ralucutzagy, sallycinnamon - 23

3.) airi, golden, lily - 21

4.) axelnojutsu, lilsailor - 20

5.) Giudita, Kelly, Sombreuil - 19

Congrats to all the winners! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Links:

NHK Trophy responses

Prediction Game Points

I won again? What’s going on here :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

1 hour ago, Joey said:

Geeeez, I completely forgot to put up spreadsheets with all your answers this week :14066882:I guess the moral of the story is do not trust me with anything in times of Mr. Hanyu withdrawel after prolonged times of exposure :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

And I guess that goes for many of us, because we kind of, ehm, majorily... we kind of collectively blew it this round :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:But let's go through it one step at a time... winners in the single disciplines:

Men - axelnojutsu won with 8 points! Nobody else got higher then 4 points after her.

Ladies - Kelly & Sammie both got the podium completely correct and 8 points each.

Pairs - lilsailor with 8 points.

Dance - still the best discipline even without P/C, with crazykuroneko, golden, ralucutzagy and sallycinnamon all getting the max 8 points.

Bonus - Giudita, Jinxxoo and Tee got the highest scores with 7 out of 10 possible points.

Answers to the bonus questions:

1.) regarding Rikas & Lizas 3As, the following statements are true: Rika landed more clean 3As (2 to 1), Rika got the highest GOE (3.09 to 2.06 from Liza), at least one of them had a higher LP BV then 1 guy on the podium (although barely, Rikas BV beats Matteos by 0.75 points!) and we'll see at least one +5 (we saw 2, from J7 for both of Rikas LP 3As)

2.) More edge calls on flips or lutzes? Lutzes, with 17 to 0!

3.) In which discipline will SP and LP top 3 be the same? In none.

4.) Will we get a fall-free podium outside of Ice Dance? Nope, we didn't.

(And to point out for the first time how amazing this round was - we got an average of 3.25 out of 10 points for the bonus questions "xD I'm very sorry for such mean questions :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:)

Overall, the winners of the NHK round are:

1.) Sammie -24

2.) ralucutzagy, sallycinnamon - 23

3.) airi, golden, lily - 21

4.) axelnojutsu, lilsailor - 20

5.) Giudita, Kelly, Sombreuil - 19

Congrats to all the winners! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Links:

NHK Trophy responses

Prediction Game Points

Wow, this was my worst result yet :laughing:

I totally blame ice dance and pairs.. They were the most predictable last year and always saved my scores and now they are killing it :tantrum: 

49 minutes ago, airi said:

Oh, I didn't bomb as bad as I thought. Can I just say.... 17 Lz calls and 0 (zero) flips?!! O.O

I'm ready for Rostelecom predictions :D 

Lmao yes, the ISU probably thinks they gotta stay unpredictable or something =P

And you asked, so you shall receive:

GP prediction game - Rostelecom Cup!

(I'll probably do this really quick this time to forget about my NHK disastering :laughing:)

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I didn’t get the right ladies in the wrong order - nor did I get the men- should have had more faith in Rika and Uncle Voronov, though I still wouldn’t have put Rika in first or Sergei in second, so it doesn’t really matter.  Really must learn to make a note of what I’m putting in next time.

I've learnt after this round that the first intuition is always the best. I wanted to put Rika on the first and trust Uncle Voronov more but then I changed my mind...I shouldn't have!

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Well, I didn't do all that bad this time! haha ... after SkC and Helsinki where I kinda hit rock bottom, this is way way better!!! Yay me! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

I have no idea how I ended up on the second place this time...I thought it was one of my worst rounds. :68468287:

40 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I have no idea how I ended up on the second place this time...I thought it was one of my worst rounds. :68468287:

These things are relative :laughing:

44 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I've learnt after this round that the first intuition is always the best. I wanted to put Rika on the first and trust Uncle Voronov more but then I changed my mind...I shouldn't have!

I love voting following my intuition. Also, voting for what I want versus what I think might happen. Last round I voted Liza against Rika but I did prefer Rika to win, so I won't do the mistake again.