Our rematch with the tea leaves – GP Prediction Game 2.0!

Yelp, I somehow think the Universe will make me bomb NHK since I actually got a high score at Helsinki...

(it will be very interesting to see wheather Tom Z's crusade against his poor student's UR will have some effect on his scores/calls or not...) 

I submitted NHK prediction.. I really  wonder how ice dance is going without absolute favorite PapaCize. I actually don’t know who most couples are. Sorry. WIthdraw of PapaCize strikes my GPF prediction as well but I am too lazy to change my prediction. I already missed Carolina anyway. GPS this season is rough but still better than last year.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:32 AM, Murieleirum said:

Yelp, I somehow think the Universe will make me bomb NHK since I actually got a high score at Helsinki...

(it will be very interesting to see wheather Tom Z's crusade against his poor student's UR will have some effect on his scores/calls or not...) 

Now that Tom Z has announced to the world that he teaches 180 degree pre-rotation as acceptable and provided a clear, slo-mo video of Vincent taking off forward on his 3.25 flip, will tech panels start keeping an eye out for downgrades instead of mere under rotations?

it seems like judges have been harder on Med's lutz since Doug Haw proclaimed that Med still doesn't have a true lutz.  She's been getting e instead of ! when she's had much more egregious edge errors in the past.

I got the right ladies in the wrong order- I think I got the men but I was thinking of several possibilities and might not have actually used that one  - can’t remember pairs and dance.

LOL in the previous rounds I've got at least one podium right but this time pairs didn't cooperate and ID let me down too:shame:

don't wanna talk about ladies or men :headdesk2: even when the names were right the order was wrong...well, Shoma aside! Thank you Shoma!:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

Geeeez, I completely forgot to put up spreadsheets with all your answers this week :14066882:I guess the moral of the story is do not trust me with anything in times of Mr. Hanyu withdrawel after prolonged times of exposure :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

And I guess that goes for many of us, because we kind of, ehm, majorily... we kind of collectively blew it this round :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:But let's go through it one step at a time... winners in the single disciplines:

Men - axelnojutsu won with 8 points! Nobody else got higher then 4 points after her.

Ladies - Kelly & Sammie both got the podium completely correct and 8 points each.

Pairs - lilsailor with 8 points.

Dance - still the best discipline even without P/C, with crazykuroneko, golden, ralucutzagy and sallycinnamon all getting the max 8 points.

Bonus - Giudita, Jinxxoo and Tee got the highest scores with 7 out of 10 possible points.

Answers to the bonus questions:

1.) regarding Rikas & Lizas 3As, the following statements are true: Rika landed more clean 3As (2 to 1), Rika got the highest GOE (3.09 to 2.06 from Liza), at least one of them had a higher LP BV then 1 guy on the podium (although barely, Rikas BV beats Matteos by 0.75 points!) and we'll see at least one +5 (we saw 2, from J7 for both of Rikas LP 3As)

2.) More edge calls on flips or lutzes? Lutzes, with 17 to 0!

3.) In which discipline will SP and LP top 3 be the same? In none.

4.) Will we get a fall-free podium outside of Ice Dance? Nope, we didn't.

(And to point out for the first time how amazing this round was - we got an average of 3.25 out of 10 points for the bonus questions "xD I'm very sorry for such mean questions :tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:)

Overall, the winners of the NHK round are:

1.) Sammie -24

2.) ralucutzagy, sallycinnamon - 23

3.) airi, golden, lily - 21

4.) axelnojutsu, lilsailor - 20

5.) Giudita, Kelly, Sombreuil - 19

Congrats to all the winners! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Links:

NHK Trophy responses

Prediction Game Points