Our rematch with the tea leaves – GP Prediction Game 2.0!

45 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Omg!! P/C wd from NHK … sigh … I just redid my NHK ID predictions … @Joey if it's not too much … 

Just saw it :(

Everyone who already send in a prediction, you can fill out the form again (I took out P/C too) or send me new guesses here or per PM, as usual.

15 minutes ago, Joey said:

Just saw it :(

Everyone who already send in a prediction, you can fill out the form again (I took out P/C too) or send me new guesses here or per PM, as usual.

:13877886: What about GPF predictions :laughing:

Can you put Hawayek/Baker in 1st, Zagorski/Guerreiro in 2nd and Wang/Liu in 3rd?

Nooooooo :sad-smiley-046: Getting to finally watch P/C again was one of the things I was looking forward the most this week :smiley-sad021:

just like for Caro, after P/C missing out on the challengers I had the feeling they would WD...so sad:smiley-sad016: I hope they will come back in second half of the season, with Sui/Han and Carolina... now who to pick for predictions, tho? :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:  (how many WDs this GP? I guess that's universe trying to balance out the unbelievable blessing of Yuzuru being still around and kicking after his 2ndOGM...)

and we're still waiting to see what will happen with Wakaba right?:sigh:

I had my predictions already laid out but now gotta re-do a bit of calculations...yes, I love to have universe mock me and my efforts:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

I also need to decide who to predict for ladies gold...if jumps are good and panel is nice then it would be Satoko, and I don't trust Rika to be clean...but Mai is consistent and I've already underestimated Liza before...ahhhhhhhh too many decisions, and who should I leave out of podium?:sadPooh: (well, almost guarantee the one I'll leave out will spoil my podium...mmmmhhhh...maybe I'll leave out bb Mai or bb Rika, after all, and pray to have my prediction ruined...):tumblr_inline_mlrwzkQn7u1qz4rgp:

10 minutes ago, kelly said:

Can you put Hawayek/Baker in 1st, Zagorski/Guerreiro in 2nd and Wang/Liu in 3rd?

We should have included a separate bullet point - “Guess who gets to skate at their GP event”. Don’t think there quite as many withdrawals in 2014. 

40 minutes ago, kelly said:

Sure @ New ID predictions ^^

Regarding the predictions for GPF, it is what it is... For what it's worth, I think everyone had them predicted to make it, so it's equal loss for all. But adding in new names now IMO wouldn't be fair halfway through the GP series ^^`

12 minutes ago, Fay said:

We should have included a separate bullet point - “Guess who gets to skate at their GP event”. Don’t think there quite as many withdrawals in 2014. 

last season we had to pick 4th and 5th too...such dark times... :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: I hope this season won't get that bad (for "bad" I mean skaters dislocating shoulders and busting ankles during comp :59227c768286a__s: )

ok, I kinda submitted and in the end I'm sacrificing poor bb Rika in my predictions despite the highest BV... I don't trust her nerves... Rika, dear, please ruin my predictions! :snonegai:

Mai, you do NOT ruin my predictions instead:snonegai:  You deserve one darn GP podium, after missing out on them last season :tantrum: (but you can upgrade the placement, of course:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:)

My ID predictions are WILD. I feel like my men predictions are WILD too, Shoma aside...after Misha and Boyang bombing themselves out of podium really anything can happen...(imagine if Vincent URs that were called in SA aren't called in NHK...RIP my predictions again, but this time for not trusting the panel to overlook the URs...:13877886:).

As for the additional question....... :headdesk2::headdesk2::headdesk2:

Hey folks, a bit latter then usual, but the results for the Helsinki round are here!^_^

Highest scorers in the single disciplines:

Men: Eh, not very useful to even list... 12 different users got 4 points (out of 8 possible ones) - mostly the points were low because Boyang and Mikhail were really popular podium picks ^^"

Ladies: Still a bigger group win - LadyLou, lily, Murieleirum, OldCatLady, robin, Sukigirl and Taco scored the highest with 5 points

Pairs: First discipline to see perfect 8's - by moni, Rainna, sallycinnamon, Sammie, Sombreuil

Ice Dance: That's even more to list then men - we have 17 members with a perfect 8, congrats!

Bonus questions: At maximum there were 8 points to get, 11 different members managed to get close with 7 points ^^

(Answers to the bonus questions:

Yuzus & Juns spins, the following answers were true: Yuzu gets more Lv 4's, Yuzu gets better GOE, the highest spin GOE would be from one of them (it was Zu)

Type of quad we'd see the most clean ones from: tie between toeloop & salchow (so both answers got the points ^^)

Falls with non-5 GOEs? Yes

In which dsicipline would we get a new GP highscore? Men, and only Men (Ladies broke all our necks here ^^"))

Top 5 satellites regarding the Helsinki round:

1.) Sammie - 29

2.) lily, Murieleirum - 28

3.) sallycinnamon - 27

4.) Rainna - 25

5.) airi, MajaHled, Sombreuil, Tee - 24

Again, scoresheet is here ^^

Big congrats to all the winners, and also big congrats to everyone here because Yuzu was amazing :loveshower:

29 minutes ago, Joey said:

Hey folks, a bit latter then usual, but the results for the Helsinki round are here!^_^

Men: Eh, not very useful to even list... 12 different users got 4 points (out of 8 possible ones) - mostly the points were low because Boyang and Mikhail were really popular podium picks ^^"

Ladies: Still a bigger group win - LadyLou, lily, Murieleirum, OldCatLady, robin, Sukigirl and Taco scored the highest with 5 points

Pairs: First discipline to see perfect 8's - by moni, Rainna, sallycinnamon, Sammie, Sombreuil

Ice Dance: That's even more to list then men - we have 17 members with a perfect 8, congrats!

Bonus questions: At maximum there were 8 points to get, 11 different members managed to get close with 7 points ^^

Yuzus & Juns spins, the following answers were true: Yuzu gets more Lv 4's, Yuzu gets better GOE, the highest spin GOE would be from one of them (it was Zu)

Type of quad we'd see the most clean ones from: tie between toeloop & salchow (so both answers got the points ^^)

In which dsicipline would we get a new GP highscore? Men, and only Men (Ladies broke all our necks here ^^"))

1.) Sammie - 29

3.) sallycinnamon - 27

4.) Rainna - 25

Big congrats to all the winners, and also big congrats to everyone here because Yuzu was amazing :loveshower:

Wow, the bonus questions saved it from being a complete disaster for me  :laughing:

As for the winners of this round, that is some good quality crystal balls you have there.. Mind sharing for a bit, I need to recover my losses :biggrin:

45 minutes ago, Joey said:

1.) Sammie - 29

3.) sallycinnamon - 27

4.) Rainna - 25

Ohh I never been number 1 before. What a surprise!!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

ouch the bonus questions (and Men) killed my Helsinki score :snkuyashii: I should have trusted Yuzuru more :4:

but if this is what was needed to have Zuzu gold, I'm glad I've sacrificed this round to you, Yuzu!:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

also with the WD and messy podiums I've already bombed hard the GPF predictions....skating gods, you know what to do now! gimme moar Zuzu gold all Zuzu gold pleeeease:snonegai:

kudos to the satellites who didn't bomb, I have sincere admiration for your Cassandra powers :bow: