Our rematch with the tea leaves – GP Prediction Game 2.0!

2 hours ago, airi said:

Predicting Men's event is so tricky... We know Yuzu never won his first GP but I don't really want to predict someone else for gold? I think I will go with my wishes, not gonna think about actual chances :laughing:

And wow bonus questions are getting harder :laughing:

:iagree:

And I just submitted my predictions for Helsinki... :grin:

I've submitted my answers. My brain was warring between my faith in Zu and his inclination to not go super clean at first GP.

Well, I've put my faith in him and boing-boing going to the top. Please do well, both of you and Cha.

(and universe, please don't contradict me on this)

I do wonder, how many of us think the top 2-3 ladies will go clean? Because mathematically, I think short of major bombing on the 2+falls scale in the LP and super clean from everyone else,  Zagi should win considering how how judges score her over everyone else so far. But so far, I've been jinxing the ladies more, with my first place picks getting on podium, but usually not in first place. o_O My men have so far been steady.

24 minutes ago, crazykuroneko said:

okay, i decided to be a loyal fanyu and will rise or go down along with yuzu (i hope i won't jinx him)

In the last two years, Yuzuru was competing, in his first GP, against athletes whom, against him, were always overscored (Chan, Chen). This year, it's not the case. The only one I can think of is Kolyada with his -3 and -4 falls, and with him being Russian, but... my mind cannot conceive that happening. So. I'm going down with Yuzu as well. Till the end of the line. Always. Yadayada. 

well, no past patterns and statistics can persuade me to ever bet against Yuzu*, so I'll fly or sink with him :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  skating gods plz at least let him be healthy plz :snonegai: a lower level of post-scores kuyashii than after ACI would be nice too :biggrin:

Except for Alina, predictions this time are gonna be totally wild..but it's not like trying not to be wild helped that much in the past LOL:tumblr_inline_n2pjd0dgUw1qdlkyg:

* well, except for spin levels...sorry Yuzu, I think JunHwan will get more level 4:P:laughing: you're free to make me feel kuyashii for my lack of faith tho:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Hey guys, here's your responses submitted to far: Clicky!

Of course you can still submit replies and change things, just wanted to have it posted before I leave so that you can look up your answers so far ;)

PS: I didn't predict Zu to win, and I'm even worse to my other skating love Boing Boing - I didn't predict him for the podium. I decided to go with "I'll have something to be happy about either way, their placements or my points" :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:)

Meh as far as I recall I get the winners but not the others, at least not in the right places.  I really have trouble remembering pairs and dance apart from the obvious picks - especially dance.  If my form holds for this round I won’t complain....

9 hours ago, LadyLou said:

* well, except than for spin levels...sorry Yuzu, I think JunHwan will get more level 4:P:laughing:

You think he didn't get enough spins kuyashii at ACI? I think he increased his spin practice time by at least 5 minutes more per day.