Our rematch with the tea leaves – GP Prediction Game 2.0!

Hello fellow satellites, hobby prophets, fortune tellers in training and oracles to be – returning ones from last season and new ones alike! I hope you all brought your tea leaves, dice and randomizers, as it is time for a new round of our Planet Hanyu Grand Prix Prediction Game!

:cheer::party2::party0029::drinks::panic::rock::smiley_hairpull::goe::free-random-smileys-830::animated-smileys-character-083:

The rules are rather simple:

1.)    Participate

2.)    Have fun ;)

That is to say, things are basically going to stay pretty much the same as last year! (For those who want to check back with those rules again or didn’t participate, here is the link to the old thread - other then that, don't be afraid to ask if anything is unclear).

A few additional points:

You can not edit your answers, so if you want to change something about your predictions you have 3 possibilities:

- Fill out the form again

- Write me a PM and tell me what you want changed

- Write your changes down here in the thread (please tag me if you do so I don’t overlook it)

If you guys want to, I’ll create spreadsheets with the answers I have up until that point regularly in the days leading up to the GP, so you can check what you answered and can also look through the answers of the other participants.

Also, I wanted to make some changes regarding the scoring:

Spoiler

1.)    Getting a skaters placement right will give you 2 points (it was 3 last year).

2.)    The bonus for right podium/podium order also changes to 1/2 points respectively.

3.)    Regarding multiple choice questions: a right answer will give you 1 point, but a wrong answer will give you -1 (so that no one can just click on all answers and get all points no matter what). However, the lowest number of points you can get per question is 0.

Example: let’s say a question has 4 answers: Honey, Skates, Ice and Gold.

Pooh answers Honey, Gold and Ice; Luna only answers Skates.

The right answers were Honey & Gold.

With that, Pooh gets 1 point each for Honey & Gold, -1 for Ice = 1 point overall. Luna only gets a -1 for Skates, which means zero points for the question.

Any questions? If not, enough blabbering, and on to the predicting! :h99:

Links so far:

Spoiler

Warm-Up Round

Quiz: https://goo.gl/forms/MNH44504ZeW9pAyd2

Answers:

Skate America

Quiz: https://goo.gl/forms/8buWJCvfUAE1eS662

Answers:

And to kick it off, we have two rounds for the first week - an overall "Warm Up round" to predict the GP finalists + some questions regarding the whole GP series, and the specific quiz for Skate America:

Warm-Up:

https://goo.gl/forms/gJcbAGALRhzt8txx2

Skate America:

https://goo.gl/forms/8buWJCvfUAE1eS662

You can submit your answers until the first event of Skate America starts. If anything is unclear, don't hesitate to ask ^_^

6 minutes ago, cirelle said:

The points for placements on the podium are 15-13-11 right?

In the GP series and in regards to qualifying for the GP Final - yes. That's the points the skaters get ^^

Would be uselessly high numbers for us though :)

2 minutes ago, Joey said:

In the GP series and in regards to qualifying for the GP Final - yes. That's the points the skaters get ^^

Would be uselessly high numbers for us though :)

Oh yeah, I’m just trying to figure out what placements skaters need to get to the GPF - looking at the standings from previous (2-3) years, men seem to be able to get there with 22 points or more, ladies need 24 points at least, dance can require 26 (!) and pairs too (but can be around 22). https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/figure-skating-events/grand-prix-of-figure-skating

20 minutes ago, airi said:

Ok I submited - I don't know much about Pairs and Ice Dancing these years so my answers there are probably nonsensical, but this game is so fun :laughing:

Ah don't worry - I think I did best in Ice Dance last season, the discipline I know by far the least about and went with a lot of wild guessing "xD

Btw I just checked if there were already responses - and for the Warm-Up round I have a response without a name to it. Would whoever that was please let me know, so we don't end up having homeless points? :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8s0s21qdlkyg:

ugh i wanna do this so much but i cant shake the feeling that the universe is just waiting for me to fill these out so they can fuck up my boys as much as possible. I remember thinking and saying last year "well of course Yuzu, Javi, and Patrick are making the GPF..." and just LOOK at what happened so i will be doing this with you guys in spirit, much love 

edit: on second thought ill just go with my fantasy picks cuz why not - *Oprah Winfrey voice* keegan messing you're in the final, nam you're in the final, jun hwan you're in the final, EVERYONE'S in the finaaaaal!!

I think I am going to participate consistently this time. I am really having a hard time with ID tho. :P

Also I just submitted but forgot to enter my name for the SkAm predictions :13877886:Do I redo it? or can the nameless submission be identified as mine? @Joey

11 hours ago, robin said:

I think I am going to participate consistently this time. I am really having a hard time with ID tho. :P

Also I just submitted but forgot to enter my name for the SkAm predictions :13877886:Do I redo it? or can the nameless submission be identified as mine? @Joey

There is only one nameless submission as of now, so I know which is yours, no need to do it again ^^