Yatagarasu

[2018] GP Skate America (19-21.10) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

2 hours ago, LucyH said:

If Bradie skates clean - she's winning this. I'm calling it now... the "home ice" advantage will give it to her. Satoko's jumps are a little iffy this year so I think Kaori may sneak in for the silver. 

Re: Men - man Nate did not look good at JO but I'm still calling him the winner. Remains to be seen how he's going to balance Yale/College life with elite FS training without Raf there. Vincent did not look good at the US Challenger and his quads are so super iffy... But if he skates near clean then he'll likely get silver. I think Nam will do well here... He won the US Challenger, he's got 2 quads back (I think)... 

I wonder...I think gold is between Nam and Nate. If Nate gets himself back to form between JO and SkAm, then probably him due to the higher BV (if he goes clean with 3 quads in the free, he's fine). Bronze for the men, I think is between uncle Sergei and Vincent, though unless he bombs home ice could give advantage to Vincent.

Ladies side-pretty packed. Depending on what happens, Bradie/Satton/Kaori are probably natural choices to duke it out for gold. So top 3 will likely be between them. Others, I could see Loena sneaking in and getting on the podium if she skates clean and others mess up. And Samodurova is the other dark horse for me.

Pairs and ice dance- RUS vs USA naturally. Bronze fight might be more interesting.

15 hours ago, Xen said:

Pairs and ice dance- RUS vs USA naturally. Bronze fight might be more interesting.

I will be very, very surprised if the gold in pairs doesn't go to Candy people. 

The fight for silver and bronze will probably be among the Americans, and there, though Knierims are probably the favorites, it might end up being tight, but if either can challenge for the gold, even with the home advantage, I'll be super surprised. 

In men I'm more excited about watching Julian again than in the podium battle:tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg: But I hope Nathan and Vincent can both skate better than in their first outing.

In ladies so many names, the podium hasn't enough spots for all the skaters I'm rooting for :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: I wonder if Marin will have better PCS here, with Raf as her coach...

Sofia looked solid in LT, so if the big names falter she has good chance at podium, and it would be amazing if Loena could medal, but I really want to see the jpn ladies do well on gp this season:smiley-angelic001:

I'm not familiar with many names from ID and pairs, so I'm not rooting for a particular team...but I'm curious about Annika&Ruben's new programs and Z/G too,  I don't think I've seen their new programs yet... I'll check the schedule too see if there are any events I can watch at reasonable hours:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: hopefully ladies:snonegai:

SA has finally popped up on the Eurosport player schedule - small hours of Saturday morning and late Saturday evening.  I’m away, staying where there’s WiFi but it’s going to be a busy weekend - hope to catch some of it.

I'm 100% sleeping through most of this, not gonna lie... I'm not waking up at 4am if it's not Yuzu or Zhenya skating :tumblr_inline_mlrwnrXy0u1qz4rgp:

ETA: I just realized I can definitely watch the Ladies FS live at least... bless :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Time to get that Eurosport player subscription going again! This season with added Chromecast, which has already been a godsend during the JGP and Challengers.

I'll be working next weekend so won't be able to follow this event live, but looking forward to seeing Nam, Kevin, Michal, Julian, Voronov, Loena, Elena, Polina and girls from Japan later. Looking forward to seeing Nathan's SP too.