Yatagarasu

[2018] JGP Yerevan (10.10-13.10)

1 minute ago, luvsk8 said:

Ouch Yuma must fix his lutz edge...

That he does...

Not that other, more serious flutzers get called consistently, but he must cover his bases.

20 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Qualified:

Petr GUMENNIK - 30

Camden PULKINEN - 28

Tomoki HIWATASHI - 26

Adam SIAO HIM FA - 26 

Andrew TORGASHEV - 24

Koshiro SHIMADA - 24

That's 3 USA, 1 Rus, 1 Fra, 1 Jpn

Oh well I still think the top 6 men in Ljubljana are better but congrats for everyone, at least Koshiro's in the final im happy:sadPooh:

Good outing for Yuma! He did better than his seniors, hopefully JSF will wake up next year and give Shun all his deserved chance too:59227c768286a__s:

The judge panel went pretty strict today, approved. NOW If all panels cant always act like this...:banned1-smiley:

So happy for Yuma! First season in JGP and 1 medal down. Hope he keeps this up, makes it to worlds and slays!

I would have loved to see both Yuma and Shimada in JGP final, but oh well, I'll take a lone Shimada, Petr and Tomoki too. 

@Louitunes @yuzupon, actually I started playing the game of identifying jumps just to learn them myself, and now the habit stuck. I think anyone who wants to learn just has to pluck up courage and do that. No problem if you’re wrong - I am very often wrong, especially with technically challenged skaters who manage to jump their toe loops and salchows in a similar way (Morisi Kvitelashvili, I am looking at you!) 

31 minutes ago, Fay said:

@Louitunes @yuzupon, actually I started playing the game of identifying jumps just to learn them myself, and now the habit stuck. I think anyone who wants to learn just has to pluck up courage and do that. No problem if you’re wrong - I am very often wrong, especially with technically challenged skaters who manage to jump their toe loops and salchows in a similar way (Morisi Kvitelashvili, I am looking at you!) 

And here I thought it was me being stupid getting confused over T and S sometimes :68468287:

23 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

And here I thought it was me being stupid getting confused over T and S sometimes :68468287:

Actually, Yuzu’s tap on 4T is so swift he could be mistaken for 4S. But his technique approaching a salchow is quite distinct for me...