Favourite program of Yuzur Hanyu (choosing up to 3)  

473 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now for the FS: I do not hate NDP. I like RJ2. I love RJ1, POTO, Seimei and hope e legacy. I love RJ1 mainly because it was his emotional intensity that won me over. I love POTO and my favorite performance of this program is the GPF2014 because he seemed happy just by skating the way he wanted or almost, he singing along with the song and a big smile after the fall. I love Seimei and my favorite presentation of this program is ... GPF2015, :hand:I know that many prefer the NHK 2015, but the GPF2015 deserves more love. In GPF2015 he was in character all the time and a little more. In NHK2015 he made a fist pump after 3lutz and I thought "boy I know you're proud to have achieved this jump, but remain in the character", I think onmyouji does not use fists but magic. At the end of the program he was smiling very early, again thought " I know you are happy, but staying in the character does not leave so soon". In GPF2015 he was Onmyouji until the final posture and after this he makes a gesture that seems to be undoing a spell and then this gesture of number 1 showing that he is in onmyouji number 1 :whistling:sorry the figure skater number 1. What a pity that the câmera  did not concentrate on him any more after he had finished seeing him undo the spell (this part is shown in some fancam, but not very definite). I like nhk 2015, but I prefer GPF2015 because he was the character completely and had control of the program:hachimaki:. I also like GPF2015 more because of having a better câmera work and lighting than NHK2015 and I like Yuzu hair more there:BeatingHeart:. I just wanted to defend the GPF2015 a bit, but maybe NHK 2015 was better and maybe I'm a little blind. And although all of this, my favorite is Hope e Legacy, I love this program, but everything that has been said about this program has already been said and now I'm lazy and need to sleep.:sleepy:.

10 hours ago, kitsune said:

Now for the FS: I do not hate NDP. I like RJ2. I love RJ1, POTO, Seimei and hope e legacy. I love RJ1 mainly because it was his emotional intensity that won me over. I love POTO and my favorite performance of this program is the GPF2014 because he seemed happy just by skating the way he wanted or almost, he singing along with the song and a big smile after the fall. I love Seimei and my favorite presentation of this program is ... GPF2015, :hand:I know that many prefer the NHK 2015, but the GPF2015 deserves more love. In GPF2015 he was in character all the time and a little more. In NHK2015 he made a fist pump after 3lutz and I thought "boy I know you're proud to have achieved this jump, but remain in the character", I think onmyouji does not use fists but magic. At the end of the program he was smiling very early, again thought " I know you are happy, but staying in the character does not leave so soon". In GPF2015 he was Onmyouji until the final posture and after this he makes a gesture that seems to be undoing a spell and then this gesture of number 1 showing that he is in onmyouji number 1 :whistling:sorry the figure skater number 1. What a pity that the câmera  did not concentrate on him any more after he had finished seeing him undo the spell (this part is shown in some fancam, but not very definite). I like nhk 2015, but I prefer GPF2015 because he was the character completely and had control of the program:hachimaki:. I also like GPF2015 more because of having a better câmera work and lighting than NHK2015 and I like Yuzu hair more there:BeatingHeart:. I just wanted to defend the GPF2015 a bit, but maybe NHK 2015 was better and maybe I'm a little blind. And although all of this, my favorite is Hope e Legacy, I love this program, but everything that has been said about this program has already been said and now I'm lazy and need to sleep.:sleepy:.

Actually I agree with you about Yuzuru being more in character at GPF2015. I think NHK was technically better, more controlled, and of course it was the original record-shattering one, but I feel he was more focused on "performing" in Barcelona. He was in "hostile" arena, after Javi (and everyone else) had skated very well, and there was huge expectation, but Yuzuru captivated everyone and forced them to applaud and scream and go wild. I remember the British Esp guys said something like "it is all about the performance" when he was still midway in the program. He was more fierce and commanding than ever, from start to finish and even after :smiley-char023: 

(And I loved the camerawork, even the recap was amazing:smiley-love017:)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

SEIMEI and H&L are legendary and basically define what a skater Yuzu is (If must choose one then SEIMEI, that prog wholely represents Yuzu as a skater, and a person: a Japanese going out to the world to fight, with warrior's spirit and dignity, embracing his country's heritage. SEIMEI shows him as a main character of his life, while H&L is more of an embodiment of his ideal with Yuzu be just a part of it)

Thou competing programs have superb skills and execution, I find ex have more artistic/creative choreo and show him more as a performer. Requiem is my utmost fav ex, Notre Dame 2nd.

Hard to choose only three, great poll though! :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Although "Parisienne Walkways" was the program that got me initially interested in Yuzuru, I had to choose "Hana ni Nare", "Romeo & Juliet no.1" and "Hope & Legacy". Here are my explained reasons:

• His first Romeo & Juliet free program was phenomenal, it had the right amount of suspense, fluidity, character and balance of artistry with athleticism —amazing program.
  • Hana ni Nare is a exhibition number that is absolutely beautiful, the costume, meaning of lyrics/song along with his choreography fit perfectly together into a blossoming performance; every time I watch this I get inspired. 
  • Hope & Legacy defines Yuzuru completely, it holds the story of how he overcame the many obstacles in his life to reach hope and now builds his legacy. 

In all, I love all of Yuzuru's programs and wishes that he could stay longer in figure skating just to perform more programs!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope and Legacy is my favorite Yuzu's long program. First of all, I love music by Joe Hisaishi. I'm an avid fan of Hayao Miyazaki and music by Hisaishi was long ago on my player list. This music just tells you a story. Sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes nostalgic - and every time it's a different story. And Hope and Legacy Yuzuru for me - it's a story of Serenity that he found in his soul and he gifts it for everyone who watches this program. If I'm frustrated or angry I watch it and always, always something pure and peaceful is born in my soul and I feel pure Serenity. And I always find decision inside my soul - how not to be angry and frustrated, that all bad just pass and only good will remain. He IS a genius... He gifts to us pure art.

My second choice is Requiem. Because I cried when I watched it for the first time. I felt the longing and so much sadness... He really poured all his soul and inner thoughts that teared him apart on ice in Requiem in B*****...

Third one - LGC. Because it's so bold and different and really feels like a rock performance! It's never was ideal, but it's perfect by the way it is.

And Notte Stellata... Bcs I saw it my own eyes in Olympics Gala.... It was a fleeting beautiful dream and I woke up too soon...

3 hours ago, Lilona said:

Hope and Legacy is my favorite Yuzu's long program. First of all, I love music by Joe Hisaishi. I'm an avid fan of Hayao Miyazaki and music by Hisaishi was long ago on my player list. This music just tells you a story. Sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes nostalgic - and every time it's a different story. And Hope and Legacy Yuzuru for me - it's a story of Serenity that he found in his soul and he gifts it for everyone who watches this program. If I frustrated or angry I watch it and always, always something pure and peaceful is born in my soul and I feel pure Serenity. And I always find decision inside my soul - how not to be angry and frustrated, that all bad just pass and only good will remain. He IS a genius... He gifts to us pure art.

My second choice is Requiem. Because I cried when I watched it for the first time. I felt the longing and so much sadness... He really poured all his soul and inner thoughts that teared him apart on ice in Requiem in B*****...

Can't describe it better lol First H&L than requiem both beautiful and with so much emotion that moved me. As third for me its Chopin.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 4:02 AM, Dreamer said:

I have to abstain from voting because I love more than 2:

Seimei

All versions of Chopin

Believe

Notte Stellata

Requiem

PW

H+L

LGC

RJ1

I know pretty much all his skates after he joined TCC and  his  2012 LP.

I love all ver chopin, too. Chopin's costumes are so wonderful

• 1 year later...