Favorite Yuzuru moments

4Nessie

• 1 month later...

Little bit OT, but I don't know where to post it. On the other hand, it kind of suits this thread.

Important question:

Could you recommend a video to show to a Yuzu "muggle"? Something that is short and nice and describes his life - so that it is easy to understand what he has been through and what he has achieved?

Along with what everyone's mentioned, I have two more to add!

1. The notorious airport arrival in Pyeongchang with Yuzu and his entourage of bodyguards.  I remember being so on edge about the men's event coming up, but when I finally saw Yuzu and the sparkle in his eyes during that airport interview, his resolve was just so palpable that I felt that everything would be all right.  No matter his condition or how long he was gone, I could just feel how happy he was to be back and how much he wanted to win, and I knew that he would make it happen.

Spoiler

2. The drop-mic solo triple axel in Yuzuru's first practice at the Pyeongchang Olympics.

Spoiler

On 10/2/2018 at 10:02 PM, Neenah said:

Definitely the choreo sequence in Seimei at the Olympics. His smile and joy was infectious and I truly stopped caring about the results and medals at that moment. I still want to cry just thinking about it  :crybaby:

There are many others of course since I have a favorite moment in almost every performance :laughing: . This one is special though 

I second that... first because I’m

a Seimei fanatic and then because there was such an unbridled joy in this choreo sequence, his smile was everything at that moment.

4 hours ago, Tee said:

:cri: 

Someone make a 2014-2018 version

Lovely.  I think that - as painful as watching the Olympics nearly slip through his fingers always is - it reminds me again that that free skate was a perfect example to me of why he is the champion of champions, the greatest.  Because those two falls at the start must have felt like hammer blows, he must have realised he'd handed the gold to Patrick Chan with them, but unlike Patrick (or Nathan four years later) he gritted his teeth, didn't let go, and fought with everything he had to make the rest of the performance the very best he could. Even if he did think he couldn't possibly win - felt total despair, felt like he'd thrown away that perfect SP - he never gave in trying to win.

It wasn't just that Patrick then blew his golden chance, it was that - when things started to go wrong for him - he cracked and got worse, pretty much did give in.  And Yuzu didn't. And that made the difference.

I just don't think Yuzuru gets enough credit for that. 

• 3 weeks later...