Favorite Yuzuru moments

4Nessie

What is your favorite Yuzuru moment?

I hope this thread will be an appropriate topic for Planet Hanyu forum. 

It is quite simple. I am wondering, which moment in Yuzu's skating career is the most important one, interesting or your favorite?

For me, it was this:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

The whole exhibition (2016 Worlds) is magical, but I was unexpectedly moved by this one tiny moment. It has everything one can say about the Tōhoku earthquake. Every emotion in one simple movement. Nothing more to say... :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

What is your favorite Yuzuru moment?

I hope this thread will be an appropriate topic for Planet Hanyu forum. 

It is quite simple. I am wondering, which moment in Yuzu's skating career is the most important one, interesting or your favorite?

For me, it was this:

giphy.gif

The whole exhibition (2016 Worlds) is magical, but I was unexpectedly moved by this one tiny moment. It has everything one can say about the Tōhoku earthquake. Every emotion in one simple movement. Nothing more to say... :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Wow, I...would have picked the exact same moment. Although now that I read your post I can't go back and ask myself what I would pick if I hadn't seen it. But this was a very, very special moment and I believe I would have picked it, too. 

Other moments for me:

Spoiler

1. CoC 2014: When he struggled to get up from his last fall during the free skate.

2. 2018 Olympics: The two drum beats in Seimei (you know what I'm talking about) and his face all throughout the choreo sequence (but especially at the beginning).

3. Worlds 2017: His trademark #1 sign at the end of Hope and Legacy, right before the program ended. I could have sworn I saw him hold up his finger while doing his last upright spin but I might have been imagining things.

4. The hydroblade into attitude jump at ACI 2018. Omg that was a special moment of pure beauty.

25 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Wow, I...would have picked the exact same moment. Although now that I read your post I can't go back and ask myself what I would pick if I hadn't seen it. But this was a very, very special moment and I believe I would have picked it, too. 

Other moments for me:

1. CoC 2014: When he struggled to get up from his last fall during the free skate.

2. 2018 Olympics: The two drum beats in Seimei (you know what I'm talking about) and his face all throughout the choreo sequence (but especially at the beginning).

3. Worlds 2017: His trademark #1 sign at the end of Hope and Legacy, right before the program ended. I could have sworn I saw him hold up his finger while doing his last upright spin but I might have been imagining things.

4. The hydroblade into attitude jump at ACI 2018. Omg that was a special moment of pure beauty.

Nice picks.

(Edited my post to spoiler for anyone who doesn't want to be influenced by my choice. Sorry, I didn't think of that before. )

hace 16 minutos , 4Nessie said:

For me, it was this:

giphy.gif

hace 6 minutos , yuzuangel said:

Are you both kidding me? That is exactly THE moment for me too!! It is so powerful in so many ways... I can't even start describing it...

So here are my other favorite moments:

1. 2018 Olympics: FS Yuzu smiling at the beginning of the choreo sequence 

2. 2018 Olympics:  SP Ina Bauer closed eyes

3. Worlds 2012: His pride and tears just finalizing the FS

4. 2014 Olympics: SP's ending pose

5. 2015 NHK: Seimei hydroblade

Since I only follow him intensely the last season my favorite moments from him is limited to the Olympics. It's easily the moment around the finish of the Men's FS, where Yuzu realized that he won again :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:, the Hug™, the on-rink podium moment :heart: , the moment where they did the victory lap (and posed with their flags), the moment where Yuzu patted Shoma :loveeyes:, the moment when Yuzu jumped on the podium for the medal ceremony :') — the 2018 olympics turned out to be such a blessed olympics, especially after the gloom from the NHK trophy :cry:...

The moment in GPF 2014 FP where he picks himself up smiling after falling on the lutz - he knew he’d won and it was the high point of that season sandwiched between the collision at CoC (and the subsequent problems at NHK) and the surgery he was to need immediately after Nationals, the fall out from which affected the rest of the season.  True champion.  

Definitely the choreo sequence in Seimei at the Olympics. His smile and joy was infectious and I truly stopped caring about the results and medals at that moment. I still want to cry just thinking about it  :crybaby:

There are many others of course since I have a favorite moment in almost every performance :laughing: . This one is special though 

2016 Worlds Requiem: ending pose (there was so much emotion in his eyes). 

2017 Worlds H&L: bows. His bows are always beautiful and correspond with the program, but that time he knew he did his best and was bowing with some special dignity and confidence. And he was alone so calm and graceful in the midst of absolute madness in the tribunes and the rain of Winnie the Poohs. And then he barely reached the side and collapsed into Brian’s arms, but that was already after a super graceful bow and those hugs with Brian and Tracy were very cute too.

2017 Worlds H&L: all the K&C cute discussion and Yuzu screaming after the score.

2018 Olympic Seimei: his happy screaming right after the program.

2018 Olympic Swan: ending pose with outstretched hands, shining eyes and hair in mess. He seemed so fragile, happy and young.

I generally made a decision I wanted to see him live after his 2014 GPF win, when he accomplished the victory after all that CoC/NHK nightmare and was so happy.

My personal favorite skating moment of his is this, at 2:22/2:23 when he comes out of the spin, lowers his hands and raises his head, and there's that vulnerable expression on his face. His whole body seeemed to radiate something between vulnerability and awakening and I remember seeing it SO CLEARLY from my 12th row and being completely wowed by that tiny detail.

Ummm, oh there are a lot. Of the top of my head though, here's five that simply make me happy to rewatch a hundred times..

1. Worlds 2012, the triple axel-triple toe straight after that fall, when people realised this kid did comebacks like whoah... and of course his bouncing in the medal ceremony

2. the end pose and breathtakingly regal throwdown expression at the end of the Olympics Chopin, and oh yes yes yes, the choreo sequence in Seimei.  If anyone wants to know why he's the King and why he's the best loved King....

3. The LGC encore at Japan Nationals (2016?) in Swanyu feathers

4. The last pose of his 2014 R&J at Worlds, where he'd given it everything he had....

5. The glorious hydro and IB from Haru no yoi

And that's just off the top of my head

In no particular order:

1. Sexy Hair Ina Bauer, 2018 Olympics SP.

2. The little hip swivel/drop it low gesture he did at "at least you got friends" in Let's Go Crazy.

3. The hilarious quad loop landing and his reaction, GPF 2016 SP.

4. GPF 2016 gala practice, when he finished his final spin in Notte Stellata and the music faded out to total, reverent audience silence. (Close second is Skate Canada 2016 gala practice.)

5. When he leaned forward and screamed in triumph and joy after his 2018 Olympics FP.

6. When Tracy pointed out his mother in the audience after his FP and he looked up at her with the softest, most expectant eyes like he was a small child, 2017 Worlds.

7. "Katta? I'm first? I'm the first?" ("You are the first!") "Ohmigod! Ohmigoood!", 2014 Olympics (feat. inappropriate comments over an open mic in the background noise :xD:).

Awww, this thread is such a nice idea!!! :img_20::img_20::img_20: Thank you, @4Nessie!! :pbow:

I follow Yuzu since 2011-2012 season so there are so many beautiful, meaningful, heartbreaking moments that I can think about! Is very difficult to choose. But if I had to, for me, there are three moments that I consider special and with a great meaning in his life and career as a figure skater.

1. His bronze medal at his first senior WC in Nice! His genuine  happiness was so endearing and he was so cute jumping around like a little bunny at the medal ceremony! That old times when a bronze medal meant something great not a defeat and he was not so hard on himself like he is now.

And ofc his two Olympic moments! First, at Sochi, his disbelieve and joy realizing that he just won the Olympics, was such a beautiful moment! "I'm first, I'm the first??? OMG, OMG, oh, oh, this is a surprise!!"" I will never forget it! :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Then, his second Olympic Gold ... OMG , I cried as long as he cried and more! I feel like crying even now just thinking about it! GOAT, I thought and not just bc he won two OGM, but the way he managed to win it. Practically in one leg and from sheer will. Alien!

Omg, I'm so squishy rn!! haha :10636614:

For me and definitely in this order.

1.  The little lip curl at the end of his Seimei performance at 2015 GP Final.  So cute it's almost a snarl.

2.  GPF 2016 LGC the 3A followed by the leg raise.  Then the final spin sequence ... Best spins to music ever!   (In fact the whole of any performance of LGC.)

3.  2018 Olympics at very end of Ballad No 1 after the spread arms end pose he delicately twists a wrist then sweeps one arm across his body and up into a fist.  Clinching the deal!