Honestly, technical mistakes aside, I definitely preferred his first Origin performance. I understand that the technical mistakes at ACI may have been a direct consequence of the difficulty of his content so he might have deliberately simplified the choreo at Helsinki to be able to nail the jumps. Still, as his stamina gets better, I hope he'll bring back the sit twizzles, the IB entry for the 3A and the steps after the 3a and before the hydroblade... It'll be a shame if we don't see them again.
I think we all agree that Otoñal is the more polished program at the moment and to me, the most special part of that SP is the stsq. I feel that's what Origin is lacking in comparison to Otoñal, Seimei and H&L (just to name a few): a climax. What makes Origin so different and original -unintentional pun- is that, instead of waiting for the chsq to go all out, he skates the full program like it's an extra long energy-demanding chsq and he doesn't take a second to breathe (the only program that comes close to this level is LGC, I think).That's not neccesarily a bad thing, but its unusual stucture might be the reason why the program may take longer to grow on us and on him. Not to mention that, as if the whole thing wasn't packed enough, he even plans to add 4A to the mix later on... I trust that he'll be able to master it though -whether it takes him one or more seasons- and I'm excited to witness that journey. 

2 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Honestly, technical mistakes aside, I definitely preferred his first Origin performance. I understand that the technical mistakes at ACI may have been a direct consequence of the difficulty of his content so he might have deliberately simplified the choreo at Helsinki to be able to nail the jumps. Still, as his stamina gets better, I hope he'll bring back the sit twizzles, the IB entry for the 3A and the steps after the 3a and before the hydroblade... It'll be a shame if we don't see them again.
I think we all agree that Otoñal is the more polished program at the moment and to me, the most special part of that SP is the stsq. I feel that's what Origin is lacking in comparison to Otoñal, Seimei and H&L (just to name a few): a climax. What makes Origin so different and original -unintentional pun- is that, instead of waiting for the chsq to go all out, he skates the full program like it's an extra long energy-demanding chsq and he doesn't take a second to breathe (the only program that comes close to this level is LGC, I think).That's not neccesarily a bad thing, but its unusual stucture might be the reason why the program may take longer to grow on us and on him. Not to mention that, as if the whole thing wasn't packed enough, he even plans to add 4A to the mix later on... I trust that he'll be able to master it though -whether it takes him one or more seasons- and I'm excited to witness that journey. 

I agree! Someone do a video to include all the beautiful choreos and the landed jumps from ACI & Helsinki please lol At this rate, seeing how packed Origin is and how he had to sacrifice several things to complete his elements, I don't want him to add the 4A to this program. Yeah, it'd be more costly to bomb it in a short program, but if he bombed in the free, he'll probably bomb the rest of his skate. 

I don't think we're going to see IB into 3A again. Remember he's doing a combo there now, not a single 3A. I think the structure of the second half has been modified enough that certain details can't be repeated (IB is now part of the choreo sequence instead of a jump entry, for example).

i feel like he needs to have the power of SEIMEI, the emotional commitment of R+J 1.0, and the swagger of Parisienne Walkways to pull this program off

i also feel like he's trying to get all the jumps down before working on the performance aspect, honestly im not too worried i mean i didnt care for Otonal before this weekend and now i literally love her so im just praying and praying he goes to as many comps as possible to work on the performance

I wanted to go in more depth re: choreo changes, but I need to keep my word fast, so I'll leave the musings to when I don't have to rush. But in the meanwhile:

On 11/1/2018 at 3:58 PM, LadyLou said:

also, Yuzu's 4Lo you're in Helsinki, where you've always been top notch, please don't ruin the statistics :hachimaki:

Yuzu's 4S, behave! You want to be praised, right? Land beautifully and I'll make a gif all for you. better, I'll make two gifs, one of SP and one of FS!

Yuzu's 4T, you behave too, do NOT make Zu get a +REP in the FS and a +COMBO or *invalid* in the SP, please and thank you. if you behave so well to make a beautiful -3T rippon and a beautiful sequence, I'll gif you! if you're jealous I haven't giffed the gorgeous solo 4T in ACI FS, I promse I'll gif that too if you get past this rebel phase!

3A, just keep being Zu's steady friend! gimme beautiful twizzle sandwich and sequence and beautiful combo and I'll gif you too!

2nd and 3rd jumps of combo please don't be fussy!

3F, do your best, I love you and your entry and your ridiculous 0 prerotation, please enchant the panel too!:hexer:

I'm here to keep my promises, in hope jumps actually care about my gifs (LOL) and feel encouraged to better themselves in Rostelecom:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Here we go:

Spoiler

4Lo was saved but I feel bad at leavig it out.... 4Lo, bb, you've got an UR last season in Rostelecom, you'll want revenge, right?:winky:

giphy.gif

4S was amazing in both SP and FS, I hope it will keep being like this:tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

giphy.gif

3Lo. I hope Yuzuru will execute the exit he did in practice and ACI FS, it's so pretty (I'll gif it as soon as it comes back)

giphy.gif

solo4T got an UR and 4T3Aseq wasn't perfect but at least no pops and no +combo (but still, 4T must have been a bit kuyashii:68468287:)

also, that step out on the 3A was so well-timed to the music LOL

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I had also promised to gif the great solo 4T from ACI FS:img_20: I love it when Yuzuru keeps the free leg high, it shows off his beautiful landing posture. I have likely already posted this gif, but I'm too lazy to go back and check whops (source is still the fancam from @Rach2Rach3)

giphy.gif

I love the snap of Yuzuru's 4T, it starts soft soft soft and then bam toe-pick and up he goes. 4S is more swishy and ribbon-like, 4T is light but also crisp:201111231756430f6:

3F3T behaved so well, and I love that trademark entry 'if you can't do it, make it harder!":67638860:

giphy.gif

and yeah, the 3A wasn't perfect, but the sheer awesomeness of counter-3A1Eu3S as last jumping pass deserves celebration (also, 3S was so smooth):tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

giphy.gif

a few more gifs:

Spoiler

this is probably gonna end in my signature in place of the ACI Origin taking position...

giphy.gif

one of the many moments when Yuzuru does stuff that won't get reflected in the scores. I like the powerful switching of direction coupled with arms movements (also, those fingers in those sheer black gloves, me loves:10742290:)

giphy.gif

I love how badass he looks in this ending pose

giphy.gif

I really felt the lack of proper HD footage and fancams this time, the HD fancam from ACI was my fave footage of that FS...Origin costume was so sparkly:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: this time, even official HD footage looked a bit...idk, foggy? a pity:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Hi all! 

Anyone know where I can get a download of the Origin music in Yuzu's program?  It's gonna be a while til i see him again live, if ever, so I NEED the music!  I think it's a combo of several pieces so that makes it hard.  I checked soundcloud, but nothing yet.  Also if anyone has a link to his version (or closest to it) of the Otonal would be great too. 

Thanks in advance!

47 minutes ago, Yuzu808 said:

Hi all! 

Anyone know where I can get a download of the Origin music in Yuzu's program?  It's gonna be a while til i see him again live, if ever, so I NEED the music!  I think it's a combo of several pieces so that makes it hard.  I checked soundcloud, but nothing yet.  Also if anyone has a link to his version (or closest to it) of the Otonal would be great too. 

Thanks in advance!

YT links below. Just use any youtube to mp3 converter.

Origin - It's a combination of Art on Ice and Magic Stradivarius by Edvin Marton

Spoiler

Otonal - this was ACI music before he tweaked it so that he could add more transitions before the combination jump (making sure to jump it in the second half for the bonus)

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...