• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched Origin for the nth time. I have to say this has got to be one of his best "work-in progress' programs. Despite two popped combos and the lack of energy, the program still packed with watchable parts like Seimei. It also has the intensity and drama of R&J 1.0. I'm like always on the edge of my seat from the first second to the very end. It's super different from H&L, which you just get lost into the program and forget about the competition. I guess I better save up to go watch him live one day haha 

On another note, I know many people complained that he didn't go for something new, but I don't know why I just find Origin still a uniquely Yuzuru program with his finger prints all over it. Aside from having similar musics, I don't see any Nijinsky in it.  I'm so glad I'd never watched Nijinsky before Yuzu's announcement of Origin. But even if I did, I can definitely say that they are two entirely different programs with their own flavor. 

18 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Watched Origin for the nth time. I have to say this has got to be one of his best "work-in progress' programs. Despite two popped combos and the lack of energy, the program still packed with watchable parts like Seimei. It also has the intensity and drama of R&J 1.0. I'm like always on the edge of my seat from the first second to the very end. It's super different from H&L, which you just get lost into the program and forget about the competition. I guess I better save up to go watch him live one day haha 

On another note, I know many people complained that he didn't go for something new, but I don't know why I just find Origin still a uniquely Yuzuru program with his finger prints all over it. Aside from having similar musics, I don't see any Nijinsky in it.  I'm so glad I'd never watched Nijinsky before Yuzu's announcement of Origin. But even if I did, I can definitely say that they are two entirely different programs with their own flavor. 

I did watched it after learing it but they are definitelly different. Its Yuzu all over and totally different from his other programs at the same time.

32 minutes ago, jinxxoo said:

I wish he'd go back to the ACI ending pose. And other dramatic touches.

I think/hope the finger was just for today... Or that it will be saved for later in the season, at least. Would seem to lose meaning if he kept doing it over and over!

3 hours ago, LadySnowblood said:

I think/hope the finger was just for today... Or that it will be saved for later in the season, at least. Would seem to lose meaning if he kept doing it over and over!

I think it was special for today, with so much point difference he knew he won

He said at the press conference that there were a lot of choreography points he didn't get to show in Origin in this competition. (Probably a strategic decision to maximise stamina to what he needed to skate clean?) So we may still see the return of some or even all of these little details we're missing!

I do think we will be able to see the best of origin once he has enough experience to build stamina under the 4 min layout. He is a perfectionist and im sure he rewatches his programs more than we do. He knows whats good and whats not. There are things he has to sacrifice to win. He is super strategic and it shows when he skated last weekend. He was reserving a lot of energy during the step sequence in order to finish those jumps. He knows he needed a watered down layout first and then build upon it for Worlds. 

There is also the ice issue - the photo of that big hole and comments about ice quality during the ladies SP. Maybe his sweet gesture showing the lady patching the ice where there was a hole was partly his legendary courtesy and partly self preservation!

13 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

Just rewatched ACI Origin. I want that hand clench movement during the hydroblade back, that was a power move moment for me. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I think he specifically mentioned in an interview this hydroblade hand movement that he didn't get to do at Helsinki while talking about the little details he'd incorporated in the FS that paid homage to Plushenko'd own Nijinsky program.

BTW I think the sit twizzles were eliminated because he's now doing a 4S instead of a 4T before the spin and I think that's a quad that takes longer to set up. That or he just needs to conserve energy and the sit twizzles are too stamina consuming at that point. It's going to be my most lamented loss if he doesn't find a way to bring them back, though.

3 hours ago, Tee said:

(Cross posting from the Helsinki FS thread, edits comparing the 2 versions so far)

So much changed, but it's temporary; I'm waiting and watching to see how it develops. I'm just glad he figured out how to work with the ice, especially since he said his physical condition wasn't great... Although I wondered if this meant that it was early in the season so his condition is still building, and/or the fatigue in his feet that he mentioned later, or something else.