• 3 weeks later...

I just have to profess my love and adoration of this program and costume! TBH I pretty much love (or strongly like!) all Yuzu's programs, and it almost killed me when he brought back his Etude, Zigeunerweisen and R&J1 costumes and skated in them in his current form. But Otonal has quickly taken over the #1 position for me. I think part of it might be it reminds me a bit of Johnny Weir (appropriately enough) in terms of overall 'look' (not a specific costume of Johnny's) and Johnny brought me back to the figure skating world in 2010 after Vancouver. Look at the way Johnny wore his hair in 2010, it's not much different from Yuzu and the way he poufs it on top a bit for Otonal (Chopin, H&L, etc). And I see echoes between Otonal and some of the design points in Johnny's 'I Love You/I Hate You' from Vancouver- the low cut front, ruffle around the neck.

And I've always loved the music, when Johnny skated to it is was not my fave program of his (because I think his later stuff was better) but the piece is very romantic and dramatic, which is a style for skating that very much appeals to me.

I also think Otonal is the most perfect program he has ever skated (Origin is a close 2nd, can't wait to see it at Worlds!), and the way he skated it at COR was breathtakingly beautiful because of his joy at being in Russia and skating it for Tarasova and everyone else. 

He is the perfect Prince in this costume, and he moves to the music like he is MAKING the music. He always looks amazing in blue costumes and there is SO MUCH sparkle to this one. The blue gloves are a perfect added touch. Thinking about him in this costume and re-watching the program for the 10,000th time always brings me peace and joy. 

THANK YOU, YUZURU for bringing this absolute perfection into our lives! 

Yuzuru-Hanyu-SP-2018-Grand-Prix-of-HelsiYuzuru-Hanyu-SP-2018-Grand-Prix-of-Helsi

"When I started the step sequence, as the music entered the crescendo, I could hear the audience cheering for me. They really gave me a lot of support, and I felt happy I delivered the performance well...I attribute the victory to the wholehearted support from the fans”