I'm rewatching Otonal for the umpteenth time and... I'm just in shock and awe at how he can make every beat of the music so beautiful, so meaningful? and i don't mean transitions and arm movement timed perfectly to the beat, as hard as that is, but the way he breathes life and soul into every note. i swear if i mute the video i can still hear everything just by watching him skate. it's like he is the conductor of the music, rather than the music conducting him. simply otherworldly.

23 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I'm rewatching Otonal for the umpteenth time and... I'm just in shock and awe at how he can make every beat of the music so beautiful, so meaningful? and i don't mean transitions and arm movement timed perfectly to the beat, as hard as that is, but the way he breathes life and soul into every note. i swear if i mute the video i can still hear everything just by watching him skate. it's like he is the conductor of the music, rather than the music is conducting him. simply otherworldly.

THANK YOU!  this is exactly what i was thinking the other day making gifs for the program.  couldnt have phrased my thoughts better. although this could be said to many of his other programs in general. he is the music, the mood, character, and temperament of his programs

17 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

THANK YOU!  this is exactly what i was thinking the other day making gifs for the program.  couldnt have phrased my thoughts better. although this could be said to many of his other programs in general. he is the music, the mood, character, and temperament of his programs

YES! I don't know how he does it but he can fully carry the music through low tones or high tones, drawn out notes or short staccatos, and even through silence. it's as if he's standing in front of an orchestra saying, "here is how you should perform this music. just follow my body instead of your sheet music," and they follow... I've never seen a performer be as one with the music as Yuzu here, even when watching more "classical" forms of performance art like ballet which is supposed to represent the pinnacle of artistry to some.

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

YES! I don't know how he does it but he can fully carry the music through low tones or high tones, drawn out notes or short staccatos, and even through silence. it's as if he's standing in front of an orchestra saying, "here is how you should perform this music. just follow my body instead of your sheet music," and they follow... I've never seen a performer be as one with the music as Yuzu here, even when watching more "classical" forms of performance art like ballet which is supposed to represent the pinnacle of artistry to some.

I grouch about his PCS at ACI, because it seems like subtlety is sometimes lost on judges. Very few skaters can really jump and land jumps and make jumps blend into a quiet section of music. Yuzu can-and the jumps aren't small ones either, they are large, tidy, neat and light airy jumps. It's beautiful technique, and with his SS it enables him to do so much.

It's going to be a while before we get another skater at this level.

On 10/18/2018 at 6:24 AM, Xen said:

I grouch about his PCS at ACI, because it seems like subtlety is sometimes lost on judges. Very few skaters can really jump and land jumps and make jumps blend into a quiet section of music. Yuzu can-and the jumps aren't small ones either, they are large, tidy, neat and light airy jumps. It's beautiful technique, and with his SS it enables him to do so much.

It's going to be a while before we get another skater at this level.

The secret is in his shu - paa! :hachimaki:

i cant wait to hear the jumps with the music, its one of my FAVORITE things about watching FS is listening to the sound of the blades so i have a creeping feeling Otonal's gonna rise in my ranks after Helsinki.

i also think once we hear what it sounds like the layout will make a bit more sense

On 9/23/2018 at 1:38 AM, OonsieHui said:

I'm praying they do something about the neckline..... But knowing my luck probably not lol

Personal preferences aside, the problem is not the neckline, but the proportions of this costume. Viewing from the front, down the middle the distance between neckline and waistline is too small in comparison to the distance between the waistline and private area, especially when he moves. He looks much better from the back. Just notice the difference as his spins around: 

Whereas in the masterpiece that is Notte Stellata these two distances are nearly equal. 

Yuzuru-Hanyu-exhibition-Notte-stellata-2