Has anyone calculated the max point value Otonal could get with the current layout? Yuzuru has always achieved the highest SP score for many consecutive seasons. I wonder if he will stick with this current layout if it couldnt rack up enough points. After all, I remember he used to say he knows the importance of having a high SP score to give him enough cushion going into the free. Tbh, I'm not the biggest fan of having all the jumps in the first half. It just doesnt feel balanced. It goes well with the music for now but we wont know the potential of putting the combo in the 2nd half unless we see it. Although if he wins with this layout, its def a Yuzuru way to win. 

4 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Has anyone calculated the max point value Otonal could get with the current layout? Yuzuru has always achieved the highest SP score for many consective seasons. I wonder if he will stick with this current layout if it couldnt rack up enough points. After all, I remember he used to say he knows the importance of having a high SP score to give him enough cushiom going into the free. Tbh, I'm not the biggest fan of having all the jumps in the first half. It just doesnt feel balanced. It goes well with the music for now but we wont know the potential of putting the combo in the 2nd half unless we see it. Although if he wins with this layout, its def a Yuzuru way to win. 

Max Ambesi calculated! A clean sp could reach around 115 points!

https://twitter.com/max_ambesi/status/1043137609072041984

6 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Max Ambesi calculated! A clean sp could reach around 115 points!

https://twitter.com/max_ambesi/status/1043137609072041984

thanks!! so under the new rules, this layout has the same max value as his Chopin 3.0, even without the combo in the second half, as long as he gets +5 GOE in all elements and given the highest PCs? Thats pretty impressive. For now I cant imagine a perfect Otonal beating his Olympic Chopin yet tho. 

otona-bookends.jpg

Source: fancam video by Beth S

Before ACI I was totally fixated on Origin. Since then, I find myself returning more often to Otonal. Besides the fact that he skated it more cleanly, I'm just bowled over by the beautiful, subtle touches Jeff and Yuzu scattered throughout, like grace notes. 

The way that, with an imperceptible shifting of his weight, he swoops around a corner to punctuate the long spread eagle. And the resonance of the beginning and ending poses. It's basically the same pose, but at the beginning, his outstretched hand is drooping downward, and he's looking back over that same shoulder with his chin slightly down. At the end, his outstretched palm is upward and he's looking over the other shoulder with his chin lifted.

For me the whole piece is about the movement from nostalgia and melancholy to anticipation and hope. So lovely. 

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

otona-bookends.jpg

Source: fancam video by Beth S

Before ACI I was totally fixated on Origin. Since then, I find myself returning more often to Otonal. Besides the fact that he skated it more cleanly, I'm just bowled over by the beautiful, subtle touches Jeff and Yuzu scattered throughout, like grace notes. 

The way that, with an imperceptible shifting of his weight, he swoops around a corner to punctuate the long spread eagle. And the resonance of the beginning and ending poses. It's basically the same pose, but at the beginning, his outstretched hand is drooping downward, and he's looking back over that same shoulder with his chin slightly down. At the end, his outstretched palm is upward and he's looking over the other shoulder with his chin lifted.

For me the whole piece is about the movement from nostalgia and melancholy to anticipation and hope. So lovely. 

I wish I could like this post more than once!