Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue

Sasha feels he has more to give and will continue competing one more season! I'm so happy... I'm crying now...:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Guest turquoiseblue

Alexei Mishin: We plan to complicate technical content of Kostner’s program :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Previously, I repeatedly suggested Carolina some changes that could raise the base value of her program and, accordingly, the chances for a better result, but she did not agree. Now Kostner agrees on everything, whatever I offer her in training. We are really planning to complicate technical content and I do not think that it will be a problem for her.

Guest turquoiseblue

Jorik Hendrickx "I repeat the word 'unique' a lot, but that's how it felt!"

Also during the Olympics, Jorik had his coming out,  to the Belgian media. I wondered what made him choose that moment and if he hadn't been afraid that would overshadow his sporting achievements in the press.

"A few weeks before the Olympics, I had given an interview to a Holebi website, because I feel very comfortable with my orientation. At the Games you get more media attention and the interview had been noticed so they wanted to talk to me about it. It wasn't really a decision of "Now I want to come out!" it was more that I was confronted with it and I felt comfortable to talk about it. In an ideal world such an interview wouldn't be needed, but I thought perhaps I can inspire other people to not make a taboo out of it and just speak openly about it. I hoped the media would focus on the sport and not on my orientation, which they luckily did and it was respectfully handled. All in all a positive experience."

...Which led to Jorik explaining the latest developments on why he hasn't incorporated a quad yet in his competition programs.

"In one word; injuries. Hard to get back after every injury. I won't say never. I keep trying every year. But for sure I won't put sole focus on the quad. My ankles are so weak, I tape them every day already and an accident can happen so easily. It's not that I don't want to, but is it smart?

So many quads in one program is hard on the body, costs a lot of focus, so it's natural that other elements can suffer. I am not going to fuss about the quad, it's more important to me that I like to skate. I had a dip after Sochi, didn't know if I wanted to continue. And I don't want that to happen again now, because I put the focus on the mistakes. I WANT to improve, but is the only road with the quad?  I will try to integrate it, but will I focus solely on it? No."

Since the Olympics ended, Jorik has announced he will not be skating at the World Championships in Milan.

"The decision to cancel Worlds is simply fatique, my body is exhausted, I wouldn't be able to put down the same achievement as I did at the Olympic Games, so I decided to give my body the recovery it deserves, to take some rest for the upcoming months and see what that brings."

Since our talk about his future plans a few months ago I did ask him if anything changed since then.

"I will give my body some rest and then evaluate, see how I feel, what goals I have. I have to talk with the government about financial support; without a budget it's not possible. If  I still find goals I might stick around 2 more seasons, although I can't pin myself down on that. This summer I have an internship in Oberstdorf planned, and in Turnhout I will I give some lessons here and there during the bootcamp . The summer looks quite full but I am looking forward to it."

I think Ghaillaguet has singlehandedly killed figure skating in France (well, with nelson montfort on the media side.. ). We used to be so passionate about figure skating. Now our successful skaters all skate abroad. And I don't think Brian Joubert got a lot of help to build his skating school. Surya Bonali was a star and now lives in the us. Candeloro seems quite bitter about the french fed too in interviews.

So sad.

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

This is just sad. I’m happy he is finally free  

1 hour ago, Altie said:

I think Ghaillaguet has singlehandedly killed figure skating in France (well, with nelson montfort on the media side.. ). We used to be so passionate about figure skating. Now our successful skaters all skate abroad. And I don't think Brian Joubert got a lot of help to build his skating school. Surya Bonali was a star and now lives in the us. Candeloro seems quite bitter about the french fed too in interviews.

So sad.

We complain a lot about JSF, and then we have this.

I googled this DG guy. You guys should have warned me,,, I mean, more than from what should be clear by this interview, that is. *nervous laughter*

He was behind the Salt Lake's shenanigans, and then, and then had the audacity to bid for ISU president in 2015??????!!!!!!!!! :judgmental: Ewwwww, take him waaaaaay away from the skating world!