Team we're fewer but still good!

I've been following Vivien Papp's saga for months now, since I'm still in a figure skating-related FB group in which Vivien, her father, brother, and many more others have posted a lot about her issues in the past weeks. Apparently the federation wanted her to sign a contract that says without their permission Vivien can't get new sponsors or decide who to train with. Since she doesn't want to sign the contract, she won't be allowed to compete at JGP Gdansk. She has said many times that she hasn't received any support from the federation, especially since she left Sebestyen's club a few years ago. The last drop for her when she saw a Russian skater on the JGP Courchevel substitute list this August, Polina Dzsumanyijazova, representing Hungary.

So she's decided to switch countries. Previously she said she received three offers so I wonder which country she'll represent. She's been training in Italy for years now.

I wish her all the best 

Spoiler

though I wish she set more realistic goals :unsure:

Dear Friends,
Although I am only 14 years old, a huge change is happening in my life again. As you know, I started skating 8 years ago and almost from the moment I stepped on the ice, I feel that this is my path and this is the big dream of my life, to be an Olympic champion. Since I started skating late, I gave up everything and concentrated only on this. Actually, my life is about skating and learning!♥️ I enjoy every second, even if it is often very, very difficult. My heart and soul belong entirely to figure skating!♥️ I have decided that no matter what happens, I will work extremely hard and at any cost until I reach the Olympic champion title! Since I was 6 years old, I've been dreaming of standing on top of the podium and hearing the Hungarian national anthem because of me!🇭🇺Unfortunately, it was decided on Friday night that I cannot continue to compete in Hungarian colors. The reason is very simple, it is more important for the Hungarian association to quickly sign a 22-page contract, in which unfortunately I do not receive any support that I could use for my development, but they want to impose an incredible number of obligations on me, and I have to give up almost all my rights, and not only the association for the benefit but also for the benefit of a foreign company. My parents have been fighting for me beyond their strength for 5 years, because this fight has been going on with the association for 5 years. Unfortunately, they already told me that if I became a junior, they would make it impossible for me, but as a competitor, I didn't believe that. For me, my dream and goal have not changed and will not, and I will achieve what I want! 🏆 There are so many changes that unfortunately I won't be representing another country in Hungarian colors, where I will be warmly welcomed and appreciated, and I will actually receive financial support. I brought more than 100 gold medals to the Hungarian association from international competitions, I won 8th and 9th place in the world cup / jgp / 3 junior international competitions and sang the Hungarian national anthem, which hadn't happened in such a long time! I was only 13 years old and the youngest in the field. I also became junior Hungarian champion.🇭🇺♥️🇭🇺But unfortunately, this still wasn't enough to earn me respect! We never asked for any financial support and we never received it! That's why I gave my country no less, all my knowledge and heart!♥️ But unfortunately, this is not what is important to the current management, but that they impose all kinds of obligations on me, for example, they determine where and with whom I train! I am very grateful to my parents for fighting beyond their means and trying to protect me from all kinds of adult tactics!♥️ My coaches stand by me 100% and we made our decision together that we cannot accept the obligations presented to us and this was supported by our lawyers! We received the contract the day before the test competition and we tried to reach a common agree until September 23rd, but it didn't work. 😭 The last ugly decision of the Hungarian association was that from the Gdansk junior grand prix competition was my name DELETED!!!!! This also proves that me and my career are not important to them, only their own interests and power! I will not be upset because I know that I earned this Junior World Cup competition by winning the test competition, but the association is not interested in this, even if it is not described in their rules. Only us competitors have to follow rules, not others. So it's time to say goodbye, thank you very much to everyone who supported me and stood by me and always supported me on this very difficult road! Of course, I will continue working from tomorrow and you will see me at competitions in October, and my heart will remain Hungarian, only next to my name will be the flag of another country, who is grateful that I am coming to them!! My heart is forever Hungarian🇭🇺,I consider Hungary to be my country, but I will continue my sports career somewhere else! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!♥️♥️♥️ I am very grateful to Hoffmann Nóra who stands by me as the only Hungarian coach and I know she always will!♥️ I am unspeakably grateful to Angelina Turenko with whom we have been working together for the fifth year, she is always with me in both joy and sorrow and as you always say step by step we move forward and together we believe we will reach the top!!!!♥️🏆♥️ and then we cry and laugh in each other's arms♥️🏆♥️, to Eva Martinek, Alisa Mikonsaari, Lorenzo Magri, Barbora Řezníčková and the entire Young Goose Academy who accepted and teach in 2021 and we go up the stairs together! To my sports psychologist and his colleagues for the help and patience they give me so that I can cope with this very difficult situation and help me through these unfair situations, that there is indeed a way out of everything! In short, I thank everyone for everything they have done in my direction, because with every little thing I get ahead! There are a few more people who are very close to my heart, I'm sending this to them♥️🏆♥️ but I can't name them at the moment, but they know exactly that my heart is for them and they will be with me on the top of the podium♥️🏆♥️ Thank you!

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I've been following Vivien Papp's saga for months now, since I'm still in a figure skating-related FB group in which Vivien, her father, brother, and many more others have posted a lot about her issues in the past weeks. Apparently the federation wanted her to sign a contract that says without their permission Vivien can't get new sponsors or decide who to train with. Since she doesn't want to sign the contract, she won't be allowed to compete at JGP Gdansk. She has said many times that she hasn't received any support from the federation, especially since she left Sebestyen's club a few years ago. The last drop for her when she saw a Russian skater on the JGP Courchevel substitute list this August, Polina Dzsumanyijazova, representing Hungary.

So she's decided to switch countries. Previously she said she received three offers so I wonder which country she'll represent. She's been training in Italy for years now.

I wish her all the best 

Reveal hidden contents

though I wish she set more realistic goals :unsure:

Good luck to her - one of the most interesting and lovely to watch skaters from the recent years, I was looking forward to see her in Gdańsk :( Hope she is treated like she deserves in her new skating country, but I guess we will see her in international competitions in a year's time... (if the release is granted...)

On 9/25/2022 at 5:17 PM, airi said:

Good luck to her - one of the most interesting and lovely to watch skaters from the recent years, I was looking forward to see her in Gdańsk :( Hope she is treated like she deserves in her new skating country, but I guess we will see her in international competitions in a year's time... (if the release is granted...)

Yes, she's lovely and has charisma. I wish her well, too, wherever she goes. She was not the first one who wasn't treated well and won't be the last one either, I'm afraid. 

Hopefully we'll see her in a year or so...