Team we're fewer but still good!

Brian always says we should have patience for the making of a champion. The tortoise and the hare... tbh I'm looking forwards to Deniss and Jun's careers more than some who are ahead of them now.

Clearly. I would even say "most of those who are ahead of them now" :)

This is such a great thread, amazing idea Yata! :goe:

Honestly, I don't even know where to start. Is there anyone who doesn't like James/Cipres and what they did this year? And Laurine and her beautiful SP have won my heart <3

Big yes for Ivett too, and additionally Loena Hendrixs, she was so lovely live. And I also second everyone who mentioned Deniss, what an outstanding talent.

As for Cha and the South Korean ladies (with a lot of talent coming up in juniors), I wouldn't be surprised if they'd earn themselves their own thread around here not before too long :yes:

Joey said:
Honestly, I don't even know where to start. Is there anyone who doesn't like James/Cipres and what they did this year? And Laurine and her beautiful SP have won my heart <3

Big yes for Ivett too, and additionally Loena Hendrixs, she was so lovely live. And I also second everyone who mentioned Deniss, what an outstanding talent.

:

Deniss has room for improvement obviously but can already see his artistry... and Lambiel-style spins haha. Nevertheless, I'm really happy that Latvia has a good skater. No matter how much I like skaters from the more prominent nations, it is so nice to see skaters from a whole range of other countries.

Regarding James/Cipres, I absolutely loved their LP this season. The song was perfect, the mood created throughout those 4+ minutes, and the extra details, like the entry to the death spiral, the last descending lift, a few 'ice dance type' of lifts. BUT, their SP this season was a no-no for me. It just did not work out for me. And Fifty Shades as theme :problem:

AmudoBun said:
unicorn said:
Skye said:
I was planning to just lurk around for a couple of more days because of impending stuff IRL, but had to sign up because the thread title is sooooo nice and I'm a huuuuge fan of the fabulous Ryom/Kim. Gotta say I really love what you guys are doing here! :clap:

Welcome to the forum Skye, I'm also a fan of Ryom/Kim, they have such a beautifully classic style, what an underdog story!

I love all the skaters mentioned here, especially Deniss! I wish Jun Hwan would work with Kenji Miyamoto again, I'm not sure if David Wilson is the right fit for him considering this season's programs, but let's hope they've been saving up something better for this year.

I actually liked JunHwan's LP this season (Though what got me to like him more is the JWC Ex >< I don't know how but it just "pulled me in") ><

I think Jun Hwan's LP this season is certainly not bad, but I think David Wilson could do something much more unique and interesting, this skater has lots of interpretive capabilities but I think his Il Postino was a bit "safe". Of course, he still has his entire career ahead of him to tackle even more memorable programs. :yes:

Regarding James/Cipres, I absolutely loved their LP this season. The song was perfect, the mood created throughout those 4+ minutes, and the extra details, like the entry to the death spiral, the last descending lift, a few 'ice dance type' of lifts. BUT, their SP this season was a no-no for me. It just did not work out for me. And Fifty Shades as theme :problem:

Really ?

I loved their SP... it was sexy (hot, even) and the 50 shades theme suited well their rocky relationship.

Really ?

I loved their SP... it was sexy (hot, even) and the 50 shades theme suited well their rocky relationship.

Haha... I guess for me it had the opposite effect. But the LP was probably one of my favorites this season ^^

As for Cha and the South Korean ladies (with a lot of talent coming up in juniors), I wouldn't be surprised if they'd earn themselves their own thread around here not before too long :yes:

Yes, I was thinking about that later we could have a separate thread for the Koreans and for the Europeans as well. It's just an idea but we'll see how things go. :)

That last lift is the best!!! :love:

My eyes were glued to the screen when I saw him descending with her. And I will not be tired of saying how much I loved their entry to the death spiral :thumbup:

Vanessa James is so gorgeous! I love seeing women skaters wearing unitard/catsuits instead of the usual dresses (nothing against it but it's just different).

Puniyo said:
ralucutzagy said:
That last lift is the best!!! :love:

My eyes were glued to the screen when I saw him descending with her. And I will not be tired of saying how much I loved their entry to the death spiral :thumbup:

Vanessa James is so gorgeous! I love seeing women skaters wearing unitard/catsuits instead of the usual dresses (nothing against it but it's just different).

Many of the ladies from pairs wore a unitard this season. Some of them looked gorgeous, Tessa Virtue, Ksenia Stolbova, but Vanessa looks particularly good in it. :love:

sallycinnamon said:

Ivett - :love: Because she's unique and special and lovely :love: I hope she'll have two great programs for the Olympic season. Something similar to what she had this year: a crowd pleasing SP and a more introverted LP with an usual choreo :yes:

I agree totally I'm so glad she's getting so much love here :love: She IS special and I like that we get to see Julia again!!! (I missed her after she r****d .. ) I was so nervous about the Olympic spot and she got it :yay:

I like Deniss too he has nice skating skills and spins but what surprised me that I remember watching him in Helsinki I thought he has much nicer jumps irl then how it comes across on tv!!! I hope he'll get a quad soon

And yay for the love for James/Cipres :clap: I wasn't the biggest fan before this year but I looooove both of their programs (even the SP :grin: ) The music suits their style perfectly!!! :love:

Ivett - :love: Because she's unique and special and lovely :love: I hope she'll have two great programs for the Olympic season. Something similar to what she had this year: a crowd pleasing SP and a more introverted LP with an usual choreo :yes:

I agree totally I'm so glad she's getting so much love here :love: She IS special and I like that we get to see Julia again!!! (I missed her after she r***d .. ) I was so nervous about the Olympic spot and she got it :yay:

I like Deniss too he has nice skating skills and spins but what surprised me that I remember watching him in Helsinki I thought he has much nicer jumps irl then how it comes across on tv!!! I hope he'll get a quad soon

And yay for the love for James/Cipres :clap: I wasn't the biggest fan before this year but I looooove both of their programs (even the SP :grin: ) The music suits their style perfectly!!! :love:

I hope Benoit will choreograph at least one of her programs next season. :bow: Do you know anything about that she wants to keep one of her programs or not?

Oh it'll be so emotional to see Juli at the Olympics again...and yes I missed her skating too (especially her gorgeous 3Lz), it was really sad that no one represented Hungary in Sochi, but I'm very proud that Ivett got the spot and she'll be there in PC *knocks on wood*

Agree about Deniss, he is one of the skaters whose jumps look much better in real life, I loved watching his spins too :love: (and his coach in the k&c lol)

I am definitely looking forward to seeing James/Cipres next season. They had such a break out year after so many ups and downs. I think they are a team (finally) seen to be on the rise and should contend for somewhere in the top if they can progress this summer as they did last year. Their coaching move was a great decision.