Team we're fewer but still good!

55 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

She gave a long and interesting interview for a German radio a month ago and when the interviewer asked if she was looking to the direction of a possible 6th Olympic participation, she clearly said yes (but now things depend on the virus).

I have so much respect for Aliona.

That would be the best thing ever. Seriously. 

20 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Cross-posting from TJ thread

Thanks for this information !  I didn't know Rika was in Switzerland. It's good that little by little skaters can train again.

I really like the skaters of Stéphane's team : Deniss, Koshiro... and now Shoma ^^. 

Viveca Lindfors ends her career

I have decided to end my career skill skater. After a long period of rehabilitation and many attempts to return to full-time training, it must be said that I will no longer get my back to withstand the training required at the top international level.

The decision was also influenced by getting a study place at the University of Turku. All things considered, ending my career and focusing on my studies is the most sensible option for me at this stage.

I would like to thank the whole coaching team, especially Virpi Horttana, Ice Skills of Espoo, Youth Olympic coach Nuriya Pirogova, Russian coach Evgeni Rukavicin, the Finnish Figure Skating Association, the Finnish Olympic Committee and all my supporters.

https://www.stll.fi/2020/07/27/viveca-lindfors-paattaa-uransa/

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

If I understand correctly,  British skaters are still not allowed to train because skating is considered as "leisure" rather than a "professional" sport. Rinks are closed. Several skaters have expressed their frustration publicly. 

And as they are not high enough in rankings, they don't have the means to train elsewhere and will drown in said rankings... A vicious circle.