Team we're fewer but still good!

Kurakova

Now I train in Poland. I served the third quarantine. Preparations are in full swing, I train a lot, recover, prepare for the new season and strongly believe that it will be!

I started training from June 15. With the return to Canada, it is not yet clear - the borders of this country are closed.

Only people with a work visa or Canadian citizens are admitted, and I have a visitor visa. Therefore, we are waiting.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1086674140.html

I try to make a short summary of what they said. Correct me if I didn't undestand something properly. Good that Stephane didn't talk in Swiss German because I wouldn't understand the half of it. :) 

Alexia says when she wants to change something (in her skating) then she goes for it, so she thought she would change her trainer, her training, everything. She wanted to make everything more professional, including her daily schedule, her on ice training, she wanted to make it more organised and she she has found it in Champéry. She can go hiking, or cooking in her free time at weekends. Her French is not good :D she now sees/realises what Stephane thinks about skating, what his philosophy is, and he makes everything very positive. 

Alexia says in Champéry everything is well organised for her and for all the other skaters too, while in New York she did everything on her own. She didn't have group trainings ther unlike in Champéry where it is more like a family. She wants to make 3Lz-3Lo or more 3-3 combos, or even a quad, something that is more difficult. 

Stephane says between New York and Champéry there is a big difference and as soon as Alexia got there she got used to the group, quite well, there was no drama, she had no special requests, she is simply there to train and she trains very well. She has very nice lines,  she has good technique, and she is very precise in her technique. She has trust at what she knows and Stephane's aim is to improve that trust in herself also in things she thinks she doesn't know. Will she be the first female skater from the country to jump 4T? Stephane says why not? He was the first male skater to jump 4T. Stephane thinks she has a very nice presence - in his opinion the interpretation should not only be for herself but also for the audience. She is still only 18 but she has a lot of to give! Figure skating is fast and short (he means the career), but the way to the top is a marathon.

Thank you @sallycinnamon

I am so bad at German (I wouldn't imagine Swiss German though. :titanic: )

I had noticed there were cooking lessons in the skaters training at Champéry. :jester:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.lS6Kuv8xQ2RfF7gzQqEZbwHaHb%26pid%3DApi&f=1

(from teamchampery.tumblr.com)

(In fact I was thinking of another photo, of Deniss Vasiljevs cooking at Stéphane Lambiel's but I didn't find it.)

33 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I try to make a short summary of what they said. Correct me if I didn't undestand something properly. Good that Stephane didn't talk in Swiss German because I wouldn't understand the half of it. :) 

Alexia says when she wants to change something (in her skating) then she goes for it, so she thought she would change her trainer, her training, everything. She wanted to make everything more professional, including her daily schedule, her on ice training, she wanted to make it more organised and she she has found it in Champéry. She can go hiking, or cooking in her free time at weekends. Her French is not good :D she now sees/realises what Stephane thinks about skating, what his philosophy is, and he makes everything very positive. 

Alexia says in Champéry everything is well organised for her and for all the other skaters too, while in New York she did everything on her own. She didn't have group trainings ther unlike in Champéry where it is more like a family. She wants to make 3Lz-3Lo or more 3-3 combos, or even a quad, something that is more difficult. 

Stephane says between New York and Champéry there is a big difference and as soon as Alexia got there she got used to the group, quite well, there was no drama, she had no special requests, she is simply there to train and she trains very well. She has very nice lines,  she has good technique, and she is very precise in her technique. She has trust at what she knows and Stephane's aim is to improve that trust in herself also in things she thinks she doesn't know. Will she be the first female skater from the country to jump 4T? Stephane says why not? He was the first male skater to jump 4T. Stephane thinks she has a very nice presence - in his opinion the interpretation should not only be for herself but also for the audience. She is still only 18 but she has a lot of to give! Figure skating is fast and short (he means the career), but the way to the top is a marathon.

thank you! :)

45 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

Thank you @sallycinnamon

I am so bad at German (I wouldn't imagine Swiss German though. :titanic: )

I had noticed there were cooking lessons in the skaters training at Champéry. :jester:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.lS6Kuv8xQ2RfF7gzQqEZbwHaHb%26pid%3DApi&f=1

(from teamchampery.tumblr.com)

(In fact I was thinking of another photo, of Deniss Vasiljevs cooking at Stéphane Lambiel's but I didn't find it.)

Swiss German sounds very different and usually I can only understand a few words or short sentences from it. Stephane speaks regular German so it's easier to understand what he says.

Alexia will fit in well with her cooking skills :D

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

Seen news of Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya's passing. But the news outlet reporting are the Sun and RT. Any confirmation??

She did. She committed a suicide.