Team we're fewer but still good!

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Here's translation of recent interview with Ekaterina Kurakova. It's really interesting, she was very open and honest about all the hardships that followed her transition to representing Poland.

https://fs-gossips.com/ekaterina-kurakova-russian-skaters-have-a-short-career-and-i-want-to-be-remembered-in-this-sport/

I watched the video with that interview - it was great fun. She’s a charming and charismatic character. Definitely with a core of strength to have pulled through the obstacles in her career. 

29 minutes ago, Fay said:

I watched the video with that interview - it was great fun. She’s a charming and charismatic character. Definitely with a core of strength to have pulled through the obstacles in her career. 

Yes, she's very charming but also very mature. I really like that's she's not afraid to express her opinion very honestly but being respectful at the same time. There're also some parts of the interview not inculed in this translation, be she told a lot of things about moving to Poland and then to Canada - living there alone, which were very touching imo. She's strong and brave. 

19 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Yes, she's very charming but also very mature. I really like that's she's not afraid to express her opinion very honestly but being respectful at the same time. There're also some parts of the interview not inculed in this translation, be she told a lot of things about moving to Poland and there to Canada - living there alone, which were very touching imo. She's strong and brave. 

And the episode with Yuzu was priceless! :D 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Dasa Grm wrote very interesting and important post about her journey to get tech min for Worlds, after ISU raised them in the middle of the season (turned out, unfortunately, unsucessful):

https://dasagrm.wordpress.com/2020/02/27/a-journey-to-collect-the-minimuns-for-wc/

So much respect for her and all the other small fed skaters who continue to fight for their dreams despite these nearly impossible circumstances :’) And I didn’t know she’s 28!! Makes it even more admirable considering how short a figure skater’s career usually is