Team we're fewer but still good!

I was planning to just lurk around for a couple of more days because of impending stuff IRL, but had to sign up because the thread title is sooooo nice and I'm a huuuuge fan of the fabulous Ryom/Kim. Gotta say I really love what you guys are doing here! :clap:

Puniyo said:
From this 'team' I would like to add Deniss Vasiļjevs. I enjoyed his programs quite a lot and his Kiss and Cry moments this season were quite funny. Stephane Lambiel (his coach) contributes a lot to this.

Yes, Deniss is absolutely a joy to watch :s_drinks

With Deniss I could see his potential to become the next Lambiel, and that's not just because they're coach and student now

The boy has something special within the same vein as Stephane's that's not easily taught :yes:

Elaine said:
Puniyo said:
From this 'team' I would like to add Deniss Vasiļjevs. I enjoyed his programs quite a lot and his Kiss and Cry moments this season were quite funny. Stephane Lambiel (his coach) contributes a lot to this.

Yes, Deniss is absolutely a joy to watch :s_drinks

"I love figure skating!!" Yaaay!!! He's adorable! :love:

With Deniss I could see his potential to become the next Lambiel, and that's not just because they're coach and student now

The boy has something special within the same vein as Stephane's that's not easily taught :yes:

In fact it can't be taught at all :s_yes

I usually have to stop myself from gushing about Deniss because I'm almost superstitious about jinxing him. He and Stephane get along so well and it is so obvious the progress he's made, plus Stephane is very aware judging from his interviews, that these days what it takes is a quad so I am glad they are working on two. Plus he didn't push him at all this season, which I am grateful for.

One thing that I would like to see with Deniss is improvement of his 3A. That's one of those ahh hello 3A set up, goes to get tea, returns, sips ... darn he's flubbed it. The jump itself has improved quite a bit but snip snip that telegraphing Deniss.

I was planning to just lurk around for a couple of more days because of impending stuff IRL, but had to sign up because the thread title is sooooo nice and I'm a huuuuge fan of the fabulous Ryom/Kim. Gotta say I really love what you guys are doing here! :clap:

Welcome to the forum Skye, I'm also a fan of Ryom/Kim, they have such a beautifully classic style, what an underdog story!

I love all the skaters mentioned here, especially Deniss! I wish Jun Hwan would work with Kenji Miyamoto again, I'm not sure if David Wilson is the right fit for him considering this season's programs, but let's hope they've been saving up something better for this year.

Welcome to the forum Skye, I'm also a fan of Ryom/Kim, they have such a beautifully classic style, what an underdog story!

I love all the skaters mentioned here, especially Deniss! I wish Jun Hwan would work with Kenji Miyamoto again, I'm not sure if David Wilson is the right fit for him considering this season's programs, but let's hope they've been saving up something better for this year.

I actually liked JunHwan's LP this season (Though what got me to like him more is the JWC Ex >< I don't know how but it just "pulled me in") ><

Hello Skye, welcome, welcome. I almost missed your comment. I'm glad you're enjoying it, we're always open to suggestions too!

And aren't they fab indeed?? At least they are going to be in Milano but alas, the rest is still up in the air. I keep trying to check frequently but no news!

If people need an intro, lets use this opportunity

Hello Skye, welcome, welcome. I almost missed your comment. I'm glad you're enjoying it, we're always open to suggestions too!

And aren't they fab indeed?? At least they are going to be in Milano but alas, the rest is still up in the air. I keep trying to check frequently but no news!

If people need an intro, lets use this opportunity

I also agree that they are fab~ I actually got to watch them because they skated before/after Duskova/Bidar so the Czech TV streamed their program as well (At least I think so xD)

Thank you for making this thread, Yata. :clap:

I have so many favourites in this section that I don't even know where to start.

Team Korea - yay for Dabin, I'm so proud her achievements at Worlds. She alone managed to get two slots for Korea which is amazing (I feel sorry for Anna P. though). I like Eunsoo too and I hope we'll see a strong So-Youn next season as well. The fight for the two places will be interesting

Team Kazakhstan - I like both Lil'Bet and Denis, I wish them luck next season. I wonder if Mambekova will reach the TES minimum for PC.

Ivett - :love: Because she's unique and special and lovely :love: I hope she'll have two great programs for the Olympic season. Something similar to what she had this year: a crowd pleasing SP and a more introverted LP with an usual choreo :yes:

I love Julian Yee too - I disliked his LP music but he performed the heck out of it at Worlds. I loved his joy and effortless skating.

MCM - his LP suited him a lot this season, I always like his music and choreo choices. He's lovely. He's been struggling with his Lutz and Flip for years and I hope he can improve both jumps for next season, so maybe he could finish one-two places higher than he usually does.

Javi! Javi! Javi!

James/Cipres

Savchenko/Massot

Coopes/Buckland (I wish them a wonderful comeback)

CaroK

& Brezina

:love:

Count me in for James/Cipres too, I didn't care at all about pairs before the Europeans but they got me hooked !

Then I discovered Sui/Han at 4CC, and now pairs are my second favourite category, behind men of course !

As for men... I won't be very original, but Denis Vassiljev really made me fall in love with him in Helsinki. He's one of those skaters you wish would be higher in the rankings, but can't because of the quads... it's frustrating. But he's still young, I hope he'll manage to get some quads at one point. (and higher PCs...)

Jun Wa is sooo promising too ! I can't wait seeing him growing up as a "complete package skater" à la Orser.

And I love MCM's Biellman spin. Sorry, Yuzu, but he's better than you :clap: