Team we're fewer but still good!

5 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Sasha speaking Japanese! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

If they meant to say "I'm in Saint Petersburg and practicing figure skating", then yes, their Japanese is good! Tadashii desu!
Aww they sound so cute...

17 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Joy :titanic:

Alban Preaubert as head of the figure skating committee might be good news though. Let's wait and see.

About another topic : a long interview of Papadakis Cizeron ine Le pariens : http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/danse-sur-glace-papadakis-et-cizeron-veulent-continuer-a-toucher-les-gens-20-06-2018-7782822.php

In short :

- there's taking a bit of holiday, for the first time in many years. You can "feel" in the interview that what happend in the olympic games (with Gabriella's dress etc...) has been tough for them.

- they don't want to think too much about medals, even less about the next olympic games. They want to focus on what inspires them and what they can bring to the sport, and then hopefully medals will come.

And apparently, Guillaume Cizeron choregraphed James/Cipres short program for next sesaon !!! (https://www.facebook.com/VanessaJamesMorganCipresOfficiel/)

I feel compelled to write here my sadness at two things:

1: I don't understand the qualifying rules for GP xD (I'm trying, I'm still new to figure skating)

2: I was so hoping I could see Donovan Carrillo on GP :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I think this is kinda the forum for it? 

On 6/28/2018 at 11:12 PM, LeadenMyr said:

1: I don't understand the qualifying rules for GP xD (I'm trying, I'm still new to figure skating)

2: I was so hoping I could see Donovan Carrillo on GP :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

It is the forum.

I don't understand much of it either, but the skaters have to rank quite up there in the previous World Championships to be granted an assignment. Their World rank also plays a part in there. 

Hosts can usually extend invitation to skaters who didn't get an assignment, so there's still hope.

Guest turquoiseblue
On 6/29/2018 at 6:12 AM, LeadenMyr said:

:consoling2:

Here are the selection criteria:

The skaters are seeded and invited to the six Grand Prix of Figure Skating events based on the results of the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2018. Skaters/couples who have placed 1 to 6 in each of the four categories are seeded and assigned to two events. Skaters/couples who have placed 7-12 at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships are selected for two ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events, and skaters with a top 24 high seasons best score as well as those placed in the top 24 of the World Standings can also be invited. If available medalists from the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships and the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final gold medalists can also be selected.

In order for a skater/couple to be eligible to compete at a Grand Prix event, a minimum total score must have been achieved in the previous or current season in an ISU event (Grand Prix, Junior Grand Prix, Championships) or a Challenger Series event. Exceptions apply to host country skaters, previously ranked skaters or split ranked couples who return with new partners. 

Source: Olympic and World Champions headline ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2018/19

This thread may be helpful, too: 

21 hours ago, yuzupon said:

It is the forum.

I don't understand much of it either, but the skaters have to rank quite up there in the previous World Championships to be granted an assignment. Their World rank also plays a part in there. 

Hosts can usually extend invitation to skaters who didn't get an assignment, so there's still hope.

18 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

:consoling2:

Here are the selection criteria:

This thread may be helpful, too: 

Thank you so much to both! I swear I tried reading that before and couldn't make sense out of it and now I read it here I can :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:<3

I wish some miracle like that would happen to see Donovan then, but I see how that can be pretty difficult.