Team we're fewer but still good!

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I was crying. I'm still in tears. I knew it would happen but it still breaks my heart :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5::tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

On the other hand, I'm so happy that MCM is going to the Olympics. Go Ice Prince! Enjoy your second Olympics :10742289: :10742288: Inspire the next generation of young skaters, especially kids in tropical countries. I'm rooting for you :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Guest turquoiseblue

New articles about Harley Windsor and Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya:

The extraordinary story of Harley Windsor and Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya

Harley is the youngest of nine siblings, though he's actually the only child of both Josie and her husband, Peter Dahlstrom. Josie and Peter each have four children from former marriages.

Josie's heritage is from the Weilwyn and Gamilaraay people of western NSW. She grew up in a camp without power or running water near Gulargambone, a town between Dubbo and Walgett. Peter is from Moree, of the Gamilaraay and Ngarrable people, and also has Swedish ancestry.

Harley's introduction to skating was accidental. When he was nine, his mum took a wrong turn, got lost and was forced to stop at Maccas in Blacktown. Harley noticed the old ice rink across the road and asked his mum if he could give skating a try. When he hadn't returned after 45 minutes, she went looking for him, fearful that he had fallen over and broken something.

When she saw him on the ice, she realised immediately he was a natural. "I didn't know you could skate, son," Josie said. "Neither did I," he replied.

Winter Olympics: Harley Windsor, the Indigenous Australian ice skater breaking barriers

"You have those people that will question my lighter skin, saying 'he's not Indigenous'," he said.

"There will be somebody who will make a smart comment about it. Racism is still a big issue in this country, but it's better than it used to be."

"I think me coming through, being a lighter-skinned indigenous person, might have an effect," he said. "I hope they don't only focus on the look - over time people will get used to it.

"The more athletes there are from our background, the more people will accept it."